Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #29

Hello everyone!  It's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #29 : Color Inspiration.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a project using the color inspiration below. Design must be new and must include Peachy Keen Stamps to win.

Here is the color inspiration:


And here is my card:


Are you ready for fall?  I sure am!!!  In our house, fall means FOOTBALL SEASON!!!  Yippee!!!    Well, to get the fall season off to a great start, I made this cute little birthday card.  It's just full of Peachy cuteness!!!  The brown card base, the purple cardstock and the white cardstock are all from Recollections.  


This handsome little fellow is made with the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Scarecrow Boy Die and the Scarecrow Boy stamp set.  I colored him in with Prisma Color ~ Pencils and then blended with Odorless Mineral Spirits for a smoother look.  Isn't he just the cutest???  I mounted him onto some Woodsies ~ Sticks to look like he was really in the corn field.  At the bottom, you can see a couple of little pumpkins.  They are cut from the Pumpkin Carving ~ Cricut Cartridge.  The orange patterned paper for them is from the Recollections ~ Simply Autumn collection.  Their fun little faces are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Make a Monster Face Assortment.  The ink for stamping is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen for the eyes and teeth, a red ~ Zig Writer Pen for the tongue, and a brown ~ Zig Writer pen for the stems at the top.  I also put them on some pop dots for dimension.


For the super fun corn field, I used the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Faceless Corn stamp set.  And then I paper pieced all the elements of the cornstalk.  The yellow cardstock for the corn is from Recollections.  And all of the patterned paper for the cornstalk is from the Recollections ~ Bold Basics paper pad.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for the eyes on the corn.  In the bottom left corner, is another fun pumpkin - made with all the same materials as the other two.  Also, if you look closely, I lightly chalked the white background with blue chalk to add some sky.


This cornstalk is made with all the same materials as the other one.  I also added a fun little sign post for the birthday greeting.  This fabulous sentiment is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Faceless Corn stamp set.  The patterned paper for it is from the Recollections ~ Bold Basics paper pad.  The ink for the stamping is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  And I also inked the edges with Chestnut Roan ~ Color Box Ink.  I put the sign on another little Woodsies ~ Stick too.  And to finish it all off, I added some little pieces of straw at the bottom.


I love love love this!  Do you ever make cards that you just don't want to give away???  I hate it when that happens...lol. 

Well, that's it for today.  Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog to see the rest of the entries.  I will see you all soon.  Have a great day!

12 comments :

snappy scrappy said...

The cutest...love the whole scene! Lee-Ann :)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh this is just ADORABLE! I LOVE those corn stalks and your CUTE scarecrow dude!!! He is too CUTE to spook! AWESOME job on the coloring too!!!! You know I have those corns and have YET to use them! I need to pull them out! Oh Fall is our FAVORITE time of the year too! Not so much for football but the colors and the crisp cool days! We ALL have been in such a horrible heat wave this summer! Come on FALL!!!!

LindaV said...

Football season is in full swing already at our house with youth ball. Can wait for the Friday night HS games, and Saturday Ucla games as well as our little guys. GREAT CARD!!! YOU CAPTURED THE COLORS PERFECTLY.

Crafting Katie said...

Wow! I love all of the stamps you used to create your scene! Just adorable!!!

Christine said...

I love those little pumpkins! And all the faces on the corn too. TFS --C

Tanya/Nonna said...

Total cuteness! Love that sweet little scarecrow and all the fun corn and pumpkins. What an adorable little fall scene you have created...love it!

Kim said...

Love this card! The details are all so cute!

Crafty Moni said...

You did an awesome job with this card Cassandra, you put so much detail to it, and it looks fabulous! :)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Melissa said...

Beautiful Cassandra! Thanks for linking at the Peachy Keen Color Challenge.

Amanda said...

OMG, your card is so super cute!! I totally love the fall scene you created.. Thanks so much for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps..

Scrappy Hugs,
Amanda :0)

Amy C said...

This is SUPER adorable Cassandra!! Love your take on the challenge this week at PKS.

Hugs,
Amy

Janice W. said...

This is so darling! I especially love your paper piecing on the corn stalks! Awesome card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...