Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #28

Hello everyone!  Have you ever had one of those projects that you just kept smiling the whole time you were working on it? Well that was totally this project for me!  I have been dying to use this stamp set ever since I got it.  Hope you like it!   ;)

So today is the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #28 : Anything Goes!  The guidelines for this challenge:  Make a project of your choice using Peachy Keen Stamps...Anything Goes!  Design must be new and must include Peachy Keen Stamps to win.


This is a 6x6 card.  The black card base is from Recollections. All of the other fun papers are from the SEI ~ Fruit Stand collection.  Isn't it so bright and cheerful????  I think it is by far my most favorite Peachy Project I have ever made!!!    :)

Ok, here are some details.  The scalloped background shape is cut from the Elegant Edges ~ Cricut Cartridge.  And the bowl is cut from the Pagoda ~ Cricut Cartridge.  (Just so you know...I cut off part of the bottom of the bowl base so it would fit on my card).

Now for my favorite part - all of the super cute fruit are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Faceless Fruit stamp set.  I have been wanting this set forever and I finally picked it up during the last PKS Sale.  Aren't they just adorable?  I have always seen such cute projects with these little babies and I was so happy to finally make one of my own.

All of the individual little pieces of fruit are cut out by hand and paper pieced.  For all of the accents and extra touches, I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen, various colors of Zig Writer Pens, and chalk for cheeks.


The face for this apple is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Everyday Character Face Assortment.


The face for this little piece of watermelon is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Critter Faces stamp set.


The face for the yummy little strawberry is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Snow Cuties Face Assortment.  And the face for the pretty little orange is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Basic Paper Doll Face Assortment.


The face for this fun little peach is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Winter Wonderland Face Assortment.  And the face for the sassy little pear is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Princess Face Assortment.


For this one, I did something a little different.  I used the peach stamp, but used purple paper instead so that it would look like a plum.  The fabulous fun face for the plum is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Retro Paper Doll Face Assortment.  And the sweet little faces for the cherries are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Winter Face Assortment.


That's 9 different PKS Stamp sets!!!!!  I told you it was going to be cuteness overload!!!  I just love it!!!  Oh...and for the fun little bow, I used The Twinery ~ Lilac, Lemondrop and Blossom twine.  And in the center is a little flower gem from my stash.

That's it for today my creative friends.  Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog to check out all the other entries.  I will see you all again soon. Have a "Peachy" day!

15 comments :

Kate said...

OMG! Those look absolutely YUMMY! Awesome job on this bowl of fruits. LOVE all those Peachy faces you used too. Love this card so much, just brightened up my day.

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute!!! Lee-Ann :)

Crafting Katie said...

So stinkin' CUTE!!! Love all of those faces and the cheery colors!!!

Christine said...

Your card looks great. good idea.
Makes me want to make up a fruit salad --C

Anonymous said...

I just love this card. I like to hang my creations up on my desk at work so I can look up and smile at them when I am having a rough day. I may have to make something similar. I don't have the Faceless Fruits sets but I may be able to pull some Cricut cuts together.

Miss Giebel said...

I love all the different faces that you used on these fruits! OMGosh they are so adorable!! Lovin' the purple plum!!

Crafty Moni said...

Adorable! I loved all the different Peachy Faces you used. Your right, this card just makes you want to smile:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L

GiGi said...

Hee Hee Hee! This is so darn cute! I LOVE all the fruit with those adorable faces!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

I'm suddenly craving fruit! hehehe I just love this!!!

Jennie Garcia said...

WOW!! Cassandra this is phenomenal!! I just LOVE it!! I was thinking about getting grapes and I will take this as a sign!! Awesome!!
Thanks For Playing with us @ PKS!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

Awesome job! And just when I think I have plenty of Peachy faces, I see this project and realize--I want more! They look great on your card!

Megan said...

This is SO cute! I love all the different faces you used and so bright and cheerful!

Ariel said...

I absolutely love this card. The faces are so cute. It makes me happy just to look at it. Good luck on the challenge.

Cindy said...

OMG Cassandra,your card is too STINKIN' CUTE!all the fruits are ADORABLE and so YUMMY!!!:)I TOTALLY LOVE your sweet card my friend,Hope you have a great weekend!!!:)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ how did I miss this card! Apparently my RSS feeds stopped working on you blog ~ I see I have missed a great deal! Okay this card is just ADORABLE! I LVOE all the fruit and their adorable faces!!! One big fruit salad ~ LOOKS so YUMMY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...