Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Creative Time ~ New Challenge - Host : Emma

Hello everyone!  Emma with My Creative Time has decided to change things up a bit and today we are introducing a new challenge that will take place twice a month.  Emma and the MCT ~ Design Team will each take turns hosting the challenge.  This is going to be so fun and different.  I can't wait to see all of your creations!

First up is Emma and her challenge is: A Pinterest Inspired Project.  To get all the details for the challenge, head on over to My Creative Time to read all about it.

I'm a total newbie to the world of Pinterest and haven't really mastered navigating around the site yet, but I found this really neat layout over at The Studios Challenge Blog.  It's the layout by Daphne and she used a bunch of different papers from her scraps pile to make all of these really beautiful tags that really enhanced her layout.  So I decided to look in my scraps drawer and make this fun Christmas card using one of Emma's tag dies.


What do you think?  It's a little different, but I think it turned out kinda cute.  The red card base is Bazzill and the white cardstock and brown tree stem are Recollections.  The tan background patterned paper is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Linen Closet stack.  And all of the fun patterned papers for the Christmas Tree are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ The Christmas & Winter stack.  


To make all of the little "tree branches", I used the top layer of the layering tag dies in the My Creative Time ~ Fly Away With Me Sentiments stamp set.  Then I just overlapped them in the shape of a tree (easier said than done when you're a little OCD...lol).


At the very top of the tree, I added a yellow button from my stash.  I threaded it with The Twinery ~ Maraschino Twine. And then added a little yellow flower gem to the center of that. The "Happy Holidays!" sentiment is from the new My Creative Time ~ From Our Family To Yours stamp set that was released last week.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival ink.  I also used pop dots behind the tree to give the whole thing some dimension.


That's it.  Really pretty simple and easy to mass produce if you wanted to make Christmas Cards.  Now let's see what you all can create.  Head on over to My Creative Time to get all the details and join in on the fun.  See you all again soon!

13 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very creative!! Love your twist on the challenge!!
Kristan

Crafting Katie said...

This is so clever! Absolutely adorable!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Neat idea...those banners really make a great tree! Lee-Ann :)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ What do I think ~ I think I LOVE it! What a CLEVER and CUTE idea! I would have never thought of this with that die! Lift material here! GREAT papers and concept! Awesome job!

Brenda said...

oh my! this is so amazing! I love how you used the tag to make the tree!! love it!!

lindagk23 said...

That is so cute! Love how you used the dies to make the tree! Thanks for sharing! lindagk23

Glora said...

You are WAY TOO CREATIVE. This is adorable and such a great use of Emma's dies. LOVE it!!! Hugs- Glora

Cindy said...

WOW Cassandra,your card and idea is just AMAZING!it looks so great,you are sooo creative my sweet friend,BEAUTIFUL job as always!!!!:)

Diana said...

This is so cute! I love it!

bdcampers@msn.com

Shelly said...

Super CUTE Cassandra! I LOVE these little tags!
Hope you have a GREAT day!
Shelly

Kel said...

LOVE this.. I've got to give it a try.

quilt4fun2 said...

I could not find the tree that you used for inspiration :D A very creative idea though and your tree is cute...I like the tree topper!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kristi said...

Love the banner tree, so fun! I love using things for a different purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...