Thursday, August 30, 2012

Happy Birthday !!!

Hello everyone!  I have a quick card to share with you today. It's another project with the Odorless Mineral Spirits that I showed you how to use earlier this week.


A few of you asked what kind of white paper I use when I'm doing this technique.  All of my white cardstock is usually Georgia Pacific which you can get in a GIANT pack at Walmart for super cheap.  The only time I use different white cardstock is when I use Copics.  And then I use X-Press It ~ Blending Card paper.  

The black card base and the black cardstock on this card are from Recollections.  The fun polka dot patterned paper is my favorite Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  The rainbow paper in the background started off as plain white cardstock.  I colored it with Prismacolor ~ Pencils and then blended with Odorless Mineral Spirits.  I used pop dots behind some of the balloons for dimension.  To make the balloons, I used one of the ornament dies in the My Creative Time ~ Warm Holiday Fun stamp set.  The balloon strings are all made with The Twinery ~ Charcoal twine.  And the "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Floral Sentiments stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.

That's it for today.  Sorry so short, it's been a busy couple of weeks.  Hopefully I will get back to my regular posting schedule soon.  Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

7 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Super cute card!! Thanks for answer the question about the paper!! Love the use of the ornament die!!
Kristan

Glora said...

This is SO super cute. I just love all the pretty balloons and the rainbow of color in the background is perfect too. Hugs- Glora

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ what a fun and cheerful card to give someone for their birthday!!! LOVE the balloons and the twine strings! What a great idea for the background paper too!

LindaV said...

This is so YOU!! I love the rainbow of colors and of course that paper. Nice job.

Creative M said...

What a Fabulous and Fun card!TFS

Cindy said...

SUPER CUTE birthday card Cassandra!I LOVE the great colors,Have a great weekend my friend!!!:)

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

What a fun and colorful card. Love it! Smooches...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...