Friday, August 3, 2012

Congrats on your New Home!

Hello everyone!  Today I have a quick and simple card for you. I don't know about you all and your neck of the woods, but unfortunately in my neighborhood - the neighbors don't really take the time to get to know each other.  It's kind of a bummer really.  However, we have one neighbor that we really, really love.  And we just found out they are moving!!!  What a total bummer!!!  Anyway, I made a little card for them to send to their new home.  Simple, but I like it:


The white card base is from Recollections.  The orange cardstock is from Paper Trey Ink.  All of the different patterned cardstock are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Linen Closet collection.  The fun little house stamp is from the My Creative Time ~ Home Sewn stamp set.  I stamped it several times with black ~ Ranger Archival Ink and then cut each one out by hand.  I colored them in with Prismacolor ~ Pencils and then blended them with Odorless Mineral Spirits for smoother look. I used pop dots behind the houses and then staggered them to look like a little neighborhood.


The fun little sentiment is also from the My Creative Time ~ Home Sewn stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  I added a cute little Recollections ~ Heart gem for a little extra love.


That's it . . . super simple.  I will see you all again soon.    :)

7 comments :

melllisssa said...

Super cute card! I love the colors you used as it gives such a warm and inviting feeling. It really suits the occasion well :)

Cindy said...

GREAT card Cassandra!it looks AMAZING,I LOVE the colors!!!:)

snappy scrappy said...

Love the colours on this one!! Lee-Ann :)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh this card is just PERFECT! I LOVE those little house and you paper pieced them BEAUTIFULLY! What a bummer for you all! They will cherish not only you as a neighbor but your card!!! Maybe you will get some AWESOME new ones. Fingers crossed!

Micia Piercy said...

Ah!! So cute! Totally love that set too hmmmm u inspired me to make a card off I go ;)


M

Lisa Arana said...

Hi Cassandra, thanks for stopping by my blog recently. I adore your cute and simple style. So fun.

Crafting Katie said...

Don't you hate it that the best ones always seem to move away? Your card is absolutely adorable! I love the row of houses!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...