Monday, July 16, 2012

With Sympathy . . .

Hello everyone!  Well, unfortunately I am starting off the week with another Sympathy card.  My Sister-in-Law's mother died last week, so I made this quick card to send her.


The black and white cardstock are both from Recollections.


I embossed the background with the Flower ~ Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (it's the one that comes with the newest Cuttlebug). The beautiful flower is made with the My Creative Time ~ Flower Petal Dies.  I curled the petals for some extra dimension and added a simple Recollections ~ Pearl in the center.  The ribbon is Offray ~ Straight-n-Narrow.  The perfect sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Floral Sentiments stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


That's it for today.  Simple, but thoughtful.

I will see you all again tomorrow.  I have a super fun project for the PKS Challenge to share with you.  Have a great day everyone!

10 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

So Sorry for yet another loss!! Such a simple and pretty card!!
Kristan

Kate said...

So sorry for your SIL loss.

Pretty and Elegant Card!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ What a GORGEOUS card! LOVE the ALL white too! i have to give this look a try ~ so soft and elegant looking! Sory for your families loss ~ prayers coming your way! This will comfort her and their family during this difficult time!

L.B. said...

sorry for your families loss but your card is sweet and lovely.

Crafty Moni said...

Sorry to hear about your loss in the family. Your card looks really pretty and elegant.

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

LindaV said...

Sorry for another loss in your family. This card is perfect for such a difficult time.

Christine said...

I dislike making these kinds of cards too. And I think the simpler the better for these just as you did. TFS --C

quilt4fun2 said...

Sorry about the loss of your Sister-in-Law's Mother. Your beautiful card should help bring a little cheer. I love how the embossed flowers compliment the single flower!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

I'm so sorry that you had to make this card, however it's really pretty and I'm sure that she really loved it!

Cindy said...

BEAUTIFUL card Cassandra,So sorry for your loss!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...