Monday, July 2, 2012

With Sympathy . . .

Hello everyone.  Well, it's a tough way to start out the week, but I have a Sympathy card to share with you today.  Remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned that I have a friend who's father had been recently diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer? Well, he passed away yesterday.  May he rest in peace.


The card base and the other papers are from Recollections.  


This beautiful cross is cut from the Easter ~ Cricut Cartridge.  I added Star Dust ~ Stickles to really make it stand out.  And then I used some pop dots for extra dimension.  If you look closely, you can see that I embossed the background with a Fancy Frames ~ Cuttlebug Folder.  And then I added a few Recollections ~ Pearls as well.  


This perfect sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Floral Sentiments stamp set.  The ink is Rich Cocoa ~ Memento Ink.  The ribbon is Celebrate It ~ 360.  I originally had it tied in a bow, but it was a bit too much so I simplified it by just tying a knot.


That's it for today.  Sending you support and prayers Miss Rosy.  May your father Rest In Peace.  

See you all again tomorrow my friends.

8 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

So sorry to here the news!! I am sure she will appreciate the card, it is gorgeous!!
Kristan

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ what a BEAUTIFUL card for such a sad occasion! I am sure ROsy will find comfort with this card and your sweet gesture! The details are just gorgeous!

snappy scrappy said...

So beautiful! Lee-Ann :)

Crafting Katie said...

This is a beautiful card that will be a great comfort to Rosy.

LindaV said...

Always sad when someone dies BUT Pancreatic Cancer is so painful, I am glad he did not suffer long. Your card will bring your friend some comfort and it is beautiful.

Glora said...

This turned out BEAUTIFUL! I know that Rosy will appreciate it SO much! Hugs- Glora

Jovan said...

Beautiful card!

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

absolutely beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...