Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ July Release

Hello everyone!  I'm back again today with the second of two challenges for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ July Stamp Release.  I showed you the first challenge entry yesterday, so here is the second one.

Challenge #2:  This is a SKETCH challenge.  You can make anything you like for this challenge, as long as it follows the sketch.  Feel free to flip it or change it up to suit your creative needs, as long as the basic sketch and elements are there in some way.  The only other requirement is that you need to use the Peachy Keen Stamps of your choice.

Here is the sketch:


And here is my entry:


I have been dying to use these little angels ever since I got them, but you have to be gentle with your comments.  This was the first time I ever tried to color hair with my Copics.  I tried to copy what I saw some of the PKS ~ Design Team gals do, but I don't think it came out very well.  Gotta keep practicing I guess...lol.

The card base is a super pretty sparkly paper from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Summer Days cardstock stack.  The whole card is actually way prettier in real life - I was having a hard time getting all the sparkle to show in the photos.


Ok, here is a close up of my super sweet angel.  She is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ January 2012 : Kit of the Month.  I colored her hair and skin with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  I used Golden Rod ~ Stickles for the halo and Star Dust ~ Stickles for her beautiful wings.  I cut the oval out of X-Press It ~ Blending Card paper.  Around the edges, I added several Recollections ~ Pearls.


For the clouds, I used the cloud dies in the My Creative Time ~ Fly Away With Me Dies.  And I used all different kinds of cardstock from my scraps - they include a sparkly paper, a shimmery paper, a textured paper and regular white cardstock.  I also used several different sizes of pop dots for some great dimension.


This sweet and supportive little sentiment is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Springtime Minis stamp set.  Aren't those clouds great???


I added this pretty little bow with my favorite Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations ribbon.  (I'm so sad, because I think they stopped making it or stocking it at Michaels - and this was my last piece!!!).  The little blue flower gem is from my stash.


That's it for today.  Once again...it's waaaay prettier in real life. Sorry about the bad photos today. Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Connection to see the other challenge entries.  I will see you back here tomorrow.   :)

7 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is so pretty!! I love the use of the cloud die and that bow is gorgeous!!
Kristan

shelly said...

Very pretty card. I think you did an excellent job on her hair. I love how the card sparkles and the pearls around the oval are a great accent. Great Job!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!! Lee-Ann :)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ oh I think you did FABULOUS on the hair! It has the perfect shine to it!!! I LOVE your take on the sketch! The clouds are just a PERFECT touch! I LOVE the shimmer on the wings ~ just a BEAUTIFUL job all around!

LindaV said...

I love this! It is heavenly! So fluffly with the cute little angel! Great job.

Cindy said...

Your card is sooo ADORABLE Cassandra!the little angel is GORGEOUS,BEAUTIFUL job as always!!!:)

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

Soooo ca-ute! Smooches... Felicia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...