Monday, July 9, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ July Release

Hello everyone!  This past week Peachy Keen Stamps had their July Stamp Release.  And as always - on the Peachy Keen Connection they had a Release Party and a couple of fun challenges. Today, I have the first of two challenges to share with you.

Challenge #1:  This is a THEME challenge.  And the theme is ~ CREATE A SCENE.  You can make anything you would like and you can use the Peachy Keen Stamps of your choice.

Here is my entry:


For this project, I channeled my inner Nikki from Scrappin' Navy Wife.  ;)  She is on the PKS ~ Design Team and she is a master of the paper piecing technique!  The paper for the blue sky background is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ the Guy stack.  The paper for the rolling greens hills is from the Echo Park Paper Co. ~ Springtime collection.  And the paper for the light brown dirt underneath the tree is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ the Guy stack.


This fun tree image is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Home Tweet Home stamp set.  The paper tree base is from the Bella Blvd ~ Finally Fall collection.  And the papers for the tree leaves are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ the Guy stack. I paper pieced the tree together and also used some pop dots for extra dimension.


This super cute sun image is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ You are my sunshine! stamp set.  The paper for the sun's rays is from the Bella Blvd ~ Finally Fall collection.  The paper for the sun's face is from Recollections.  I used some chalk for the cheeks, a Prismacolor ~ pencil for the mouth and a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for the eyes and cheek accents. I also added some pop dots underneath the round sun face for more dimension.  Oh - and I can't forget the cloud - it's cut with the cloud die from the My Creative Time ~ Fly Away With Me Dies.


The perfect little picket fence is cut from the Martha Stewart : Seasonal Cake Art ~ Cricut cartridge.  I welded two fence pieces together using the Gypsy.  My favorite part - the cute little birdies - they are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Home Tweet Home stamp set.  I colored them in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  I used pop dots underneath the fence and the birdies for even more dimension.   ;)


Last, but not least, this sweet little sentiment is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ You are my sunshine! stamp set.  The ink for all the images and the sentiment is black ~ Ranger Archival ink.


So what do you think of my "SCENE"?   Don't you just want to have a picnic by that tree???  I totally do . . . except with those birdies around - I would need to be careful.  This may be TMI, but I've been pooped on by a bird 4 different times during my life!  My BFF tries to tell me that it's lucky, but I just think that's something people say to try and make you feel better when you are covered in bird poop!!!!   LOL    ;)

Well my creative friends, that's it for today.  Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Connection to check out all the other entries.  I will see you back here again tomorrow with Challenge #2.

9 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Super cute card, love the paper pieced tree!! When i was in public school at recess i had a seagul poop on my head, my bff came into the bath room and helped me wash it out of my hair!! I try and avoid seaguls when ever I can!!
Kristan

shelly said...

I love the whole scene. Beautiful! You did an awesome job as always. Great piecing on the tree and great use of paper patterns.

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OMG this is just too stinking PERFECT! I LOVE the whole scene you have created! That tree is just done to PERFECTION! The rolling hills, the sun the bird , the fence ~ okay the EVERYTHING! WOW! Oh yes the post ~ almost spit out my coffee again ~ PLEASE put warnings on your posts ~ to dangerous this early while I am drinking coffee!!! LOL! BEATUIFULL done and executed!!

Kate said...

OMG Love the scene that you created here. Definitely something I wanna walk in to and sit under that tree to read a book or get a hammock to sleep in.. Your attention to detail is just perfect my friend. Love it.

Crafting Katie said...

You have created the most adorable little scene, Cassandra! Your paper piecing is awesome! Great job channeling your inner Nikki, LOL!

Crafty Moni said...

Beautiful card Cassandra. I love the sence you created, a very nice day for a walk in the park:)Great job on the paper piecing.

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

So cute and adorable Girl. I still have one word for you.... "VIDEO:??? You Can Do IT! Smooches... Felicia

Cindy said...

AWESOME job with all the great paper piecing,Looks AMAZING!I LOVE all the layers!!!:)

Karen said...

cute little scene you created...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...