Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #27

Hello everyone!  It's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #27 : Sketch.  The guidelines for this challenge are:  Create a project based on the sketch below.  Design must be new and must include Peachy Keens Stamps to win.

Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:


The black cardstock is from Recollections.  The white cardstock is from Georgia Pacific.  All of the fun patterned papers are from the SEI ~ Winnie's Walls collection.  The sun is cut from the Cheerful Seasons : Creative Memories ~ Cricut Cartridge.


For the inner circle of the sun, I used a Marvy Uchida ~ Circle Punch.  The fabulous face is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Retro Paper Doll Face Assortment.  I colored in the eyes with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen and Prismacolor ~ Pencils.  I added some cheeks with chalk.  And I did some faux stitching around the circle with a black ~ Zig Writer Pen.  I also added pop dots underneath the sun and the sun's face for some extra dimension.


The "Rise and Shine!" sentiment is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ July 2012 : Kit of the Month.  And underneath that is some fun green felt ~ rick rack from my stash.


For the "It's your Birthday!" sentiment, I combined 3 different sentiments in the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ April 2012 : Kit of the Month.  The "It's" is from the "It's Time" sentiment.  The "your" is from the "for your birthday" sentiment.  And the "Birthday!" is from the "Happy Birthday" sentiment.  To achieve this look, all you have to do is tape off the words you don't want to use and voila . . . you have a customized sentiment!  Give it a shot - you will be amazed at what you can do when you look at all your stamps. Oh...and I added a couple of little green gems from my stash.


And of course, I had to add a beautiful bow made with this pretty Celebrate It ~ 360 ribbon.


Well, that's it for today.  I hope you love all of the Peachy goodness.   :)   Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog to see all of the other entries.  I will see you all again soon.  Have a great day!

17 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Super cute card!! I love the sentiment and the peach ribbon!! The PK face is so perfect on that sun!!
Kristan

snappy scrappy said...

Cutest little sun EVER! Lee-Ann :)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh this is just so SUPER CUTE!!! That face on the sun ~ I LOVE!! I do LOVE that sun too! You know I love the papers but that rick rack ~ Eeek ~ I LOVE! Where did you get that?? I have some but not like that!! Way to use the stamps too! Make them for you need! AMAZING job as always!!!

Crafting Katie said...

This is adorable, Cassandra! I love that sun, and the face on it is too cute!!!

Kate said...

So Cute. Love the PKS Face that you used.

LindaV said...

So fun! I love the face on the sun! And the coordinated colors.

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh Cassandra,your card is just too STINKIN' CUTE!that PK face is perfect on your sun,LOVE it!!!:)

Crafty Moni said...

Cute card! I love that Peachy Keen face, just think its adorable:)lol. Great touch with the bow and laying the sentiment over it.

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Melissa said...

Love those retro faces. Nice take on Peachy Keen's sketch challenge. :)

Michelle said...

this is sooo cute ! love the stitched ric rac you used ! what a fun card !!! Thanks so much for linking up to the Peachy Keen challenge this week!

Michelle- DT
www.scrappinwithmybug.com

Houses Built of Cards said...

How DARLING!!! Who couldn't be happy after looking at that smile?!?!?! So glad you joined us this week at Peachy Keen!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Jovan said...

Super cute card!

GiGi said...

This is so super cute and fun! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that face on the sun!

Christine said...

I just love the face on this card.

Megan said...

Oh I LOVE this! The face is perfect! Amazing job!

Angelica said...

Ok is it just me or do those retro faces make you instantly happy? FANTASTIC card, love the face with the sunshine! Thanks for playing along in the PK Challenge this week Cassandra!

Scrappin with the bug said...

Too cute. Love the card and what a great smiley face. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...