Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #26

Hello everyone!  Today I have something fun and different.  It's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #26 : 3D Objects - Gift Bags.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Stamp a gift bag!  Design must be new and must include Peachy Keen Stamps to win.

Here is my super fun gift bag:


Isn't it so cute?!?!  I just LOVE it!!!  Instead of using the traditional gift bag, I decided to use a plain old brown paper bag - you know the old fashioned "lunch bag"?     ;)


Let's start off with my super cute little girl.  She is from the brand new Peachy Keen Stamps ~ July 2012 : Kit of the Month.  Isn't she just adorable?  I stamped her with black ~ Ranger Archival Ink. The white paper is X-Press It ~ Blending Card paper and I colored her in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  I forgot to take a close up shot of her hair, but I think I did a pretty good job with my coloring.  She almost looks like she has natural highlights!!!

The patterned paper for her cute little dress, her hair ties and her shoes is from the Creative Imaginations ~ Gingham collection.  I paper pieced the little red layer of her dress and that paper is from Recollections.  I added some fun little red gems from my stash for the buttons on her dress and also her hair ties.  

The red and black mats are also from Recollections.  Up at the top, you can see that I added the funny sentiment "How old are you today?" which is from the My Creative Time ~ What's Growing On? stamp set.  I used a corner rounder to round off the corners of the sentiment tab for a little bit of a different look.  And finally, if you look closely, you can see that I stamped the background (which is the brown paper bag) with the fabulous "Peachy Keen Stamps ~ What Time Is It?" background stamp.


For the top of the bag, I folded down the bag about an inch. Then I added this fun Celebrate It ~ 360 ribbon.  I created the fun little design by using a hot glue gun in between the folds of the ribbon.  Above that, I added the perfect "Happy Birthday!" sentiment which is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Darren and Laura stamp set.  Isn't that such a fun font?  I rounded off the corners of this tab to match the one below.  To finish it off, I added the fun polka dot tissue paper inside the bag.


Here is a closer view.  Hopefully you can see how I did the ribbon a little better.


Here's a side view so that you can see some of the dimension.  I was in a bit of a hurry, so I only decorated the front side of the bag.  Shhhhhh...don't tell anyone.    ;)


Here is a side view of the whole bag.  Don't you just love that "What Time Is It?" background stamp???  I'm not gonna say who this little gift bag is for, but can you tell that I'm teasing her a little bit about her age?  LOL  Hopefully she will think it's funny too.   ;)   One more quick thing to mention, I added some pop dots behind my little girl piece so that it pops off the bag with extra dimension.


Ok my creative friends, that's it for today.  If you have never participated in a challenge yet ~ give it a shot!  It will really help your creativity grow to another level.  So join in on the fun!  You will be glad you did.  Now head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog to see all the other entries and to check out the projects by the fabulous PKS ~ Design Team.  I will see you all back here tomorrow.  Have a great day!

16 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Super cute!! I love how you stamped the background with all the numbers!! Love the look of shock on the little girls face to the question above!!
Kristan

liz at liz's paper loft said...

oh this is just too stinkin' cute!!!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ oh this is just ADORABLE! I LOVE the ribbon ~ gingham is one of my FAVORITE! The little girl is paper pieced PERFECTLY too! LOVE your background to the bag! Everything just flows BEAUTIFULLY!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Haha! This is darling!!! LOVE her cute little face!!! So glad you joined us this week at Peachy Keen!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

Now this is just ADORABLE! I love the numbered background and the sentiment with that super fun face! So FUN!!

Kim said...

Cute bag! I love the color scheme, and the innocent look on the girl's face goes perfectly with the sentiment question! My little boy still thinks it's ok to ask grown-ups their age! After all, grown-ups ask him! Kids are so fun, and so is your bag!

LindaV said...

Another great job!! I love your "lunch bag". Super cute.

VICTORIA said...

Cassandra i love you lunch bag idea in fact thats what i used cause i didn't have any gift bags. Great job on yours girl!!!! hugs

Megan said...

This is so cute! I love the numbered background!

Crafty Moni said...

Cute bag, love the background stamp you used on the bag, and the little girl is just adorable:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Melissa said...

Love it! The background stamp is perfect. Well done-

Cindy said...

This is sooo GORGEOUS Cassandra!I TOTALLY LOVE everything about your sweet bag,it is so ADORABLE!!AWESOME job!:)

DIANA L. said...

This is too cute I love the polka dot paper.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Glora said...

Wow girl, I could not say enough good about this one. Everything is ABSOLUTELY perfect. I love that sweet girl, your coloring and paper piecing on her is INCREDIBLE. And I love that you used the number background stamp on the paper bag. Oh yes and the ribbon trim is AWESOME. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! Thanks for joining the Peachy Keen Challenge this week! Hugs- Glora

DoBea A. said...

Oh Cassandra! I love the colors you chose and the bag is so amazing!! Thank you for sharing this with us on the Peachy Keen Challenge blog!!!

Jennie Garcia said...

Way adorable!! I LOVE all the patterns!! They work great together!!
Thanks For Playing with us @ PKS!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...