Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #24

Hello everyone!  It's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #24 : Color Inspiration.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a project using the Color Inspiration photo below.  Project must be new and must include Peachy Keen Stamps to win.

Here is the Color Inspiration photo:


And here is my entry:


So besides matching the colors, I also felt inspired by the circular shape in the photo as well.  Don't ask me why though, because if you know me - then you know that just watching that fair ride in action would be enough to make me hurl!!!  LOL  ;) 

The card base is from Recollections.  All of the other patterned papers are from the SEI ~ Vanilla Sunshine collection.


The first thing I did was cut a circle in the top layer of my card base so that you could see inside.  I used a simple circle punch to cut out all of the little circles.  Then I used different sizes of pop dots to adhere them to the edge of the circle outline for lots of dimension.  

  
This pretty little bow is made with Celebrate It ~ 360 ribbon.  I added a simple button from my stash and another little bow made with some simple white string.  All of the elements inside the card to make my fun little scene are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ June 2012 Kit of the Month.


The sentiment actually comes in a straight line.  I just angled it a bit on my acrylic block.  Then I just cut out that piece by hand.  To cut the fun little birdies, I used the Peachy Keens Stamps ~ June 2012 Kit of the Month SVGs and my Silhouette ~ Cameo.  I paper pieced the beaks and feet.  And I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for the eyes.  For a fun little detail, I used some burlap from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique inside the basin to hopefully look like a little nest. So cute I think!


Well, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog to check out all of the other entries.  I will see you all back here tomorrow!

8 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Super cute card!! I love the scowl on the bird!! Things that go round and round make me sick as well!! I love the wreath like design!!
Kristan

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...love the cranky bird! Lee-Ann :)

L.B. said...

very very fun and that sentiment is so perfect for the image stamps.

LindaV said...

I love this!! Looks like me and hubby in our photos!

Katie A. said...

Love the Angry Birds Theme! :) Very cute card!

<3, Katie A.
www.kdpiedesign.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ this is ABORABLE! Okay lots to cover here ~ the birds are too CUTE ( love the grumpy one ~ I need that stamp set!! LOVE that use got inspiration from the circle ~ DON'T hurl! LOL! Oh the burlap looks totally like a nest ~ CLEVER! The colors are PERFECT for the photo inspiration!!! I just LOVE reading your posts!

Cindy said...

Oh my Cassandra,your card is just ADORABLE!those little brids are sooo sweet,AWESOME job as always my friend!!!:)

Jeanne said...

Wow Cassandra! This is just beautiful! Love those little birdies...and the shape you created around them is perfect! Fabulous job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...