Thursday, July 12, 2012

MCT ~ Guest Designer : Cassandra

Hello everyone!  I am glad to be helping out and filling in for Emma today while she spends time taking care of her son as he continues to recover. We love you Emma!  And we are all sending lots of prayers and hugs your way!

For my project today, I wanted to share with you the fun little "Get Well Soon" banner I made for Aaron.  We all know how much Emma's boys love baseball, so I made it with a fun baseball theme.  The whole banner was too big to fit into one picture and still see it good, so I split it up into 3 pictures to get a closer look.  The banner pieces are all made with the super terrific My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die.




Sorry about the yucky pictures, I was in a super big hurry to get this done and get it in the mail.  That's also why it's pretty simple.  But hey, that totally shows you how quick and simple projects can be when you use Emma's fabulous products!!   ;)

Ok, like I said before, all of the banner pieces are made with the awesome My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die.  I cut them out once with the patterned papers and then a second time with some thin chipboard to make it all a little sturdier.  The letters are all cut from the Don Juan ~ Cricut Cartridge. And I popped them all up with pop dots for some extra dimension.  The black cardstock is Recollections and the yellow layer for the letter shadow is Bazzill cardstock.  I used a Crop-A-Dile to punch holes in the banner pieces.  And then I connected them all together using some rope like string that I picked up at Joann's.  All the fun little baseball embellishments are Paper House ~ 3D Stickers.  Here are some close up shots:












The "All Star" patterned paper, the grass patterned paper and the grey/metallic stars patterned paper are all from the Me & My Big Ideas ~ Champs paper stack.  The blue gingham patterned paper is from the Creative Imaginations ~ Gingham paper stack.  And the baseball patterned paper is from the SEI ~ I'm An Athlete paper stack.  Aren't they all such fun papers?

Well, that's it for me.  Super simple, without a lot of embellishing, but super fun I think too.  I hope Aaron enjoys it. Thank you all for stopping by today.  We will see you again tomorrow.  Have a great day everyone!


Hugs
~ Cassandra

12 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is so sweet of you!! I love that you used Emma's die and the baseball stuff is so cool!! I am sure Aaron will love it!!
Kristan

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ This banner is just PERFECT for Aaron! It so fits what he LOVES!!! The COOL paper with the XL label die looks so GOOD! All the embellies are to PERFECT too! AMAZING job as always!

snappy scrappy said...

Great banner...he'll love it! Lee-Ann :)

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

Wow, Cassandra You Really KNOCKED THIS OUT OF THE PARK!!... punn intended (lol). This is Absolutely, FANTABULOUS! I Love IT! I know Aaron will be surely be ecstatic over it. BRAVISSIMO! Smooches... Felicia

LindaV said...

Great project, You are the banner queen as well as the bouquet queen! The embellishments really pop. I hope it is a matter of time before it becomes a scrapbook item and Aaron is 100%.

Kate said...

WOW so sweet of your and this banner really looks awesome Love it.

Glora said...

this is SERIOUSLY way perfect for him being the baseball lover that he is. I'm certain this made him feel SO loved and special. Awesome job! You really are one of the most thoughtful people I know. Hugs- Glora

Crafty Moni said...

How cool! That was really sweet of you! The banner looks awesome, love all the baseball theme paper. Never thought about using this die for a banner, now I'm going to have to try it out:) Thanks for the inspiration!

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Cassandra! Thanks for stopping by The Cameo Spotlight!!! Your banner is super ADORABLE! :)

Cindy said...

Hi Cassandra,Your banner is FANTASTIC with all the great details!SUPER SUPER job with it!!!Have a great weekend!:)

Mary said...

I love this banner, it is so cheery. Perfect for the Little league player or the big boy too!! I love the stickers, I thought they were brads, they really do pop!

Nancy said...

WOW Cassandra! Love this banner!! Im sure he loved it!! This is perfect! Good job mu friend! hugs

Nancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...