Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Birthday !!!

Hello everyone and happy Monday!  Today I have a couple of fun birthday cards to share with you.  


They were supposed to be "masculine", but they still look a little girlie...lol.


All of the papers are from the SEI ~ Beatnik Boy collection.  The super fun candles are cut from the Birthday Bash ~ Cricut Cartridge.  I just love using these for birthday projects.  I used some pop dots underneath each candle to add some fun dimension.


This absolutely perfect sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Celebrate Good Times stamp set. The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  If you look closely, you can see that I added some sparkle to the candle flames with some Diamond ~ Stickles.  For the bow, I used some Liz's Paper Loft ~ Hemp Twine (the lighter color) and then some other kind of fiber from my stash (the darker color).


In the lower right corner, you can see this pretty "Happy Birthday" sentiment that's also from the My Creative Time ~ Celebrate Good Times stamp set.  **Note that the "Happy Birthday" sentiment is actually only a part of the sentiment that says "Happy Birthday Sweetie", I just taped off the "Sweetie".  The ink again is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


For project number two, I made this fun gift card holder.  It's made with the My Creative Time ~ Embossed Gift Card Holder Die (BEST INVENTION EVER!!!).  All of the papers are again from the SEI ~ Beatnik Boy collection.  The cute ice cream cones are cut with the dies from the My Creative Time ~ Celebrate Good Times stamp set.  I used some pop dots behind the ice cream to give it some dimension.  The super cute face is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Cherub Face Assortment.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen for the eye and a red ~ Zig Writer Pen for the tongue.  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Gift Card Sentiments stamp set.  And the "Make A Wish!" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Celebrate Good Times stamp set.  I added a cute little bow with some ribbon in my stash and a cute little Jolee's ~ birthday candle sticker. And voila!  Super cute and super quick!  I'm telling ya...if you don't have the My Creative Time ~ Embossed Gift Card Holder Die already...what are you waiting for???  Seriously, BEST INVENTION EVER!!!


Well my creative friends, that's it for today.  I will see you again soon with some cuteness overload from Peachy Keen Stamps. Have a great day!

10 comments :

snappy scrappy said...

These are both super cute...love the candle one! Lee-Ann :)

Christine said...

Both are great, and yes, they look masculine. --C

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh I think these could pass off as masculine cards!! I LOVE the cuts and dies you used!!! Well of course the papers too! Okay well lets just say EVERYTHING! The guys who gets these will ADORE it as well! AWESOME job!

Crafting Katie said...

I love BOTH of these, Cassandra! Those candles are so cute, and the face on the ice-cream cone is adorable! Awesome papers too, and the perfect sentiments!

Crafty Moni said...

Super cute! Masuline cards are so hard to make, but these will do fine:) I love the gift card holder, I agree best invention ever! :)lol.

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

LindaV said...

Very cute. Or I guess I should say handsome! I love the chocolate ice cream!

Jovan said...

These are just too cute!

Kate said...

They are perfect. Love that Peachy Face so cute.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

super cute cassandra! I still think it looks masculine!

Cindy said...

GREAT job with both of this too!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...