Thursday, July 26, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTINE !!!

Hello everyone!  Today I have a super fun project to share with you.  It's my sweet friend Christine's birthday today and I made this super fun birthday banner for her to hang in her office at work.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!!!  I hope you have a GREAT day!



Don't you just love it???  It's so bright and colorful . . . how can you not smile?!?  Even though I am showing it to you in two pictures, it's actually one long banner.  The ribbon connecting it all together is my favorite Celebrate It ~ 360 ribbon.  I used some jump rings to hang all the tags from the ribbon.  You can usually find those in the jewelry section of your craft store.

All of the banner pieces are made with the My Creative Time ~ Tag Dies.  Aren't they fabulous?  They are PERFECT for making banners!  The "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" letters are all cut from the Don Juan ~ Cricut Cartridge.  And I used some pop dots underneath all the letters to give them dimension and help them pop off the banner pieces.  Most of embellishments are stickers from Jolee's Boutique.  And the cute little flowers are from an old company (that I don't think is in business anymore) called The Card Co.

All of the papers are from the Coredinations ~ Vintage Collection.  If you look at the black "BIRTHDAY" letters, you can see what the front side of the paper looks like.  In order to create a more subdued look for all the colors, I used the back side of all the color pieces.  That way I could still have the color, but it wouldn't be too bright AND the black letters would stand out better (not to mention that the back side of all the banner pieces will look fabulous!!).

Here are all the close up shots:













  
Now are you ready for the best part???


I found the PERFECT Michael's gift card to go with it!!!  I have this hanging in between the "HAPPY" and the "BIRTHDAY". Isn't it just great?!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET FRIEND!!!  And if you all have an extra moment . . . please head on over to Christine's blog and leave her some Happy Birthday Love.

Have a great day everyone!  I will see you all again soon.

10 comments :

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Okay this is way to ASMAZING!!! I LOVE that you used the MCT dies for the banner! They way you attached it too ~ CUTE and CLEVER!!! All the details are simply AMAZING too! You are just the sweetest friend and I LOVE all the bright colors! Your friend is just going to LOVE it and ADORE you!!!

Kim H said...

Oh poo ~ I forgot to add ~ I LOVE how you did the gift card attached at the end of the banner!!!

LindaV said...

Super cute!! I love this festive banner. You have a knack for making your friends happy.

L.B. said...

What a fun banner and the gift card attached looks just perfect with it. Super fun.

snappy scrappy said...

This is so gorgeous...love this banner...amazing job! Lee-Ann :)

Got2BCrafting said...

Wow, this turned out fabulously!! I am usually not a big sticker fan, but you made this look so amazing! I think the stickers add a lot of color and dimension and are just PERFECT! I absolutely LOVE LOVE this Cassandra... and I know your friend will too!
Lori

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

This is Fantanbulous! Christine will be thrilled with this. I am for her. BTW, my B-Day is Sept. 27...lol. Great Job Girl! Smooches... Felicia

Cindy said...

Hi Cassandra,WOW your banner is FANTASTIC!I LOVE all the little details and the way you used the MCT dies for the banner,so COOL!AWESOME job as always my friend!!!:)

Christine said...

Oh Cassandra! This made my morning, noon, and afternoon yesterday at work. It was so unexpecting! I just love it...I stared at it ALL day!!! I'll bring it home and put it up in my craft room for eternity. I'm for ever grateful!!!! THANK YOU! (SNEAKY!) lol

Crafting Katie said...

This is such a cute banner, Cassandra! I love the cheery colors and the cute stickers you used. Gorgeous ribbon too! Christine will love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...