Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cricut Circle Blog ~ Weekly Challenge #62

Hello everyone!  It's time for the Cricut Circle Blog ~ Weekly Challenge #62 : Card Sketch Challenge.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a Cricut card using the sketch below.  Your project must be newly created for this challenge and include two Cricut Image cuts.

Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:


The card base and the white cardstock are from Recollections. The beautiful patterned paper is from the SEI ~ Promise Me collection.


All of the pretty pastel papers for the flowers are from the SEI ~ Promise Me collection.  You can't really tell in this picture, but the papers are a pretty shimmery paper...just gorgeous in real life.  The beautiful flowers are cut from the Flower Shoppe ~ Cricut Cartridge.  The large flower is flower #6 and the small flower is flower #10.  If you look closely, you can see the leaves behind the large flower.  They are leaf #5.  I curled the petals of the flowers for extra dimension.  The ribbon is Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations ribbon.  And in the center of the small flower is a Making Memories ~ Brad.


The sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Floral Sentiments stamp set.  I think this font is absolutely beautiful!!!  The ink is Memento ~ Rich Cocoa Ink.  And to the right of the sentiment is another Making Memories ~ Brad.


I used a corner rounder to round some of the corners for a softer look.

That's it - super easy, but yet oh so beautiful!  I made this for my BFF's mother's birthday.  So if you are reading this . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDI !!!   (sorry it's a day early - I had to get it posted before the contest closed)   ;)

Have a great day everyone.  See you again soon.

7 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

so pretty!! I love the bow you created in the centre of the flower!! I am sure she will love it!!
Kristan

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ BEAUTIFUL card! The colors are so soft and subtle! I LOVE that cartridge and that is my favorite MCT stamp!

Jovan said...

Beautiful card!

DIANA L. said...

Your card is beautiful. What a fun sketch best wishes on the challenge.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

LindaV said...

Pretty and elegant. I love this card.

Leeann Pearce said...

Hello ... thanks for popping by my blog and leaving a comment on my basic grey canvas.All I did was cut out a few different size circles and folded them to see which one was going to fit the best. I have measure it for you and the circle Circumference is 7.2cm hope that helps. Use some scraps first to make sure you get the right size then go and cut all of the circles out once happy. And use a thick cardboard square template to help the folding of the edges! make the square template yourself of course! cheers leeann:0

Crafty Moni said...

What a pretty card, I love the soft colors you used:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...