Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Cricut Circle Blog ~ Weekly Challenge #61

Hello everyone and HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!  Holy cow...it's been forever since I did a Cricut Circle project.  Well today it's time for the Cricut Circle Blog ~ Weekly Challenge #61 : Stars & Stripes.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a Cricut project of your choice and incorporate at least 3 stars and stripes on your project. Project must be new and include at least 2 Cricut image cuts.

Here is my card:


The card base and all of the different colors of cardstock are from Recollections.  The large star with the pretty swirlies is cut from the Home Decor ~ Cricut Cartridge.  This is my most favorite star cut...I just love the swirlies!


The two little white stars are also cut from the Home Decor ~ Cricut Cartridge.  I added little buttons in the center of the stars with little bows tied with simple white string.


If you look closely, you can see that I embossed the kraft colored cardstock in the background with the Stars ~ Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.  In the center of the large blue star is a yellow ribbon that is cut from the Stand and Salute ~ Cricut Cartridge.  I always like to include this as a support for our troops.  I used pop dots underneath the star and the ribbon for extra dimension.

The fun sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ My Little Firecracker stamp set.   The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  In the upper right corner, I added some Recollections ~ Brads.  And I also added some simple little dots for accents on the blue star with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.


Well, that's it for today.  HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY EVERYONE!  I hope you are enjoying a wonderful day off.  See you all again soon.

8 comments :

snappy scrappy said...

Great patriotic card!! Lee-Ann :)

Christine said...

Love the swirls that come off the star. TFS --C

Crafting Katie said...

Awesome card, Cassandra! I love that swirly star cut! Good luck in the challenge, and have a fun 4th!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Okay this is just PERFECT! LOVE the details and LOVE that star! I am going to have to look and see if I have that cartridge now! The buttons are the perfect touch too! Awesome as always!

Kate said...

Great Card. Have a great 4th of July.

Hugs,
Kate

L.B. said...

very fun. happy 4th to you.

LindaV said...

Very nice. I need to check out that star. I love that cartridge.

Cindy said...

Your card looks FANTASTIC Cassandra!BEAUTIFUL job with it:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...