Thursday, June 14, 2012

~ Thinking of You ~

Hello everyone!  Today, I have one of those special cards to share with you.  We have all had that experience when we have learned that someone we know is going through a difficult time. And there is really not much you can do but send them your love.  Recently I found out that someone I know has a father that was just diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and was only given 2 weeks to live.  Words cannot begin to express what you are thinking and feeling in a moment like this.  Sending a card may not seem like much, but at least it will let them know that you are there.


All of the white, off-white, and kraft colors of cardstock are from Recollections.  The soft green cardstock for the flower stems and leaves is from Bazzill.


The beautiful tag is cut with one of the tag dies in the My Creative Time ~ Tag Dies set.  The pretty "Thinking of you" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Many Greetings stamp set.  I used Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and white ~ Stampendous Embossing Powder to heat emboss the pretty sentiment.  The ribbon at the top of the tag is Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations.  If you look closely, you can see that I used the Fancy Frames ~ Cuttlebug Embossing Folder to dry emboss the white background behind the tag. Isn't it so soft and pretty?


The beautiful flowers are cut with the My Creative Time ~ Flower Petal Dies.  It's hard to tell, but I alternated the layers with white and off-white cardstock.  I also curled up the flower petals for some pretty dimension and added a pop dot behind the flowers as well.  For the flower centers, I added little Recollections ~ Pearls.  For the flower stems, I used the tie die in the My Creative Time ~ Here's Lookin' At You stamp set.  And for the leaves, I used one of the mustache dies in the My Creative Time ~ What's Growing On? stamp set.  **Note that for the flower on the left, I just cut the mustache in half to only have 1 leaf.


Well, that's it for today.  Times like these can be tough, but that's when I think sending a homemade card can mean the most.  It's also a good idea to have a few of these on hand since you never know when you might need one.  

Have a great day everyone!  See you again soon.

7 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

so sorry your friend is going through this!! Thoughts are with her and the family!! I think this card is very pretty!! Love the use of the dies and the embossed background!!
Kristan

Houses Built of Cards said...

Oh...I'm so sorry! Hate sad news...but this card is so lovely and perfect for something like this!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

snappy scrappy said...

So lovely...love the embossing and 3D flowers! Lee-Ann :)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ What a BEAUTIFUL card! Soft and soothing! I know the person will LOVE the card and the gesture! Thoughts and prayers are with them!

Christine said...

How awful and very devastating. Your friend will love that you're thinking of her. --C

Glora said...

This will be a perfect card to let her know you are thinking of her. It is BEAUTIFUL. That embossing in the background is gorgeous and I seriously can't get over how creative you are with the dies. The mustache and tie make terrific leaves and stems. Beautiful job. Hugs- Glora

missstamper said...

I am sure your friend will appreciate the love that went into this beautiful card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...