Sunday, June 17, 2012

Simply Crafts Challenge

Hello everyone and HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!  Today, I have my entry for the Simply Crafts ~ June 2012 Challenge.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Make a project using the "rounded star" cut on page 49 of the Baby Steps ~ Cricut Cartridge handbook.

Here is a picture of what it looks like:


And here is my simple Father's Day card for my father in law:


The black, white, and kraft colored cardstock are all from Recollections.  The stars are of course cut from the Baby Steps ~ Cricut Cartridge.


This perfect sentiment is from the recently released My Creative Time ~ Here's Lookin' At You stamp set.  Isn't the font just perfect?  It's a strong and classic font . . . just like our dads.   :)   The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


This super terrific burlap is from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique. I've never used burlap before I got some from her store, but I'm loving it!!!  Think I'm gonna have to get more colors...lol. The wood button is from my stash and I tied the bow with some simple white floss.  The striped brads for the outer two stars are from Making Memories.


This fun sentiment is also from the My Creative Time ~ Here's Lookin' At You stamp set.  The ink is again black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


Well, that's it for me today.  I normally don't post on Sundays, but I had to get this in before the super fun My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peeks next week!!!  I hope you enjoyed my card today. Make sure you head on over to the Simply Crafts Challenge Blog to check out the other entries and perhaps join in on the fun yourself!  See you all again tomorrow.   :)

12 comments :

Georgiana said...

I really like your card. I have some burlap, but haven't used it yet. You sure made it look attractive. I am sure your F-I-L will like this card!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very nice card!! Love the centre of the stars and the burlap!!
Kristan

Crafting Katie said...

Awesome card! The brads, button, and burlap are the perfect touches!!!

Christine said...

Love the burlap on this card. Gonna have to get me some of the kraft colored cardstock - seen so many projects with that. I Like!
--TFS --C

snappy scrappy said...

So darn cute...love the papers and the burlap!! Lee-Ann :)

Jovan said...

AWESOME card!

L.B. said...

very nice looking card. Love the neutral color choices.

missstamper said...

Love it!

Glora said...

WOW, this is PERFECT! I love the burlap behind there. The stars are perfect too. Great sentiment choice too. Hugs- Glora

PinkE said...

Such a sweet card!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh my this card is SUPER! I LOVE the stars and what you did with them! The brads and burlap are simply AMAZING! I would have never looked at thtat cartridge before but now ~ ENEABLER ALERT! The stamps are so PERFECT too! LOVE it!

Simply Pam said...

OH MY LOVE!!! This is such a great man card. I love the style of it so much! :) Thanks for participating in the Simply Crafts challenge!

Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...