Tuesday, June 12, 2012

PKS ~ June Release

Hello everyone!  This past week Peachy Keen Stamps had their June Stamp Release and OMGeeeee let me tell you it is soooo cute!  I think it's my absolute favorite!!!  And on the Peachy Keen Connection they had a Release Party and a couple of challenges to go with it.

Challenge #1:  Make a project, anything you choose, and include the following - paper piecing, ribbon/twine, sparkle/bling, and Peachy Keen Stamps.

Here is my card:


The card base and the brown background are from Recollections.  The strip of patterned paper at the bottom of the card is from the My Mind's Eye ~ A Beautiful Life collection.  The pretty ribbon also at the bottom of the card is from my stash.  The white cardstock for the super cute fairy and the label are X-Press It ~ Blending Card paper.  I use it whenever I am going to work with Copics. I also used the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ June 2012 Kit of the Month : SVGs and the Silhouette ~ Cameo to cut the pretty little fairy. (I'm just loving SVGs!!!)


Isn't she the cutest thing you have ever seen?  There are actually two different fairies in this months release.  And there is also a set of mini fairies too!  I told you it was the absolute BEST!!!

Ok, for my little cutie, I stamped her with black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  I paper pieced her pretty little outfit.  The 3 colors for her outfit are from the same My Mind's Eye ~ A Beautiful Life collection, as well as the purple little flower on top.  For the rest of her - her skin, ballet shoes, hair, wings and the leaves of the flower are all colored in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  (What do you think of her hair???  I still don't know what I'm doing with Copics, but at least I was having fun!)  I added some Star Dust ~ Stickles to the flower at the top, her pretty little wings and also made a little belt with it too. Also, if you look closely, you can see that I embossed the brown background with the Polka Dots ~ Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.


This beautiful label is cut with the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die.  The pretty outline is from the My Creative Time ~ Whimsical Calendar Days stamp set.


These fun little sentiments are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ June 2012 Kit of the Month.  The pretty little flowers are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Mini Fairies and Girl Gnomes.  I colored in the flowers and star with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  I added some Star Dust ~ Stickles to the star and some tiny Recollections ~ Pearls to the center of the flowers.


Ok, that's my entry for the PKS ~ June Release Challenge #1.  

Challenge #2:  This is a theme challenge - "Things that FLY!" You can make any project of your choice as long as it's something that flies and includes Peachy Keen Stamps.

Here is my quick little gift card:


This fun little gift card holder is cut with the My Creative Time ~ Embossed Gift Card Holder Die (best invention ever!!!).  The paper for the gift card holder is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Linen Closet collection.  Both the birdie and the little bird bath are cut with the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ June 2012 Kit of the Month : SVGs and the Silhouette ~ Cameo.


This fun little birdie is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ June 2012 Kit of the Month.  The paper for the birdie is from the My Mind's Eye ~ A Beautiful Life collection.  I colored in the feet and beak with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  The fun little water droplets are EK Success ~ Sticko Dimensional Stickers. Aren't they fun?  If you look closely, they are kinda sparkly.


This fun little bird bath is also from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ June 2012 Kit of the Month.  The paper is from the My Mind's Eye ~ A Beautiful Life collection.  The twine for the bow is Liz's Paper Loft Boutique ~ Hemp Twine.  On the side, the sentiments "Enjoy!" & "Relax!" are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Let's Ketchup stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  Next to each sentiment are little yellow ~ Recollections Pearls.


I used pop dots underneath both the bird and the bird bath for some extra dimension.  That's it . . . super easy and oh so cute!  



Well, I hope you enjoyed both of my Peachy projects today. Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Connection to see the rest of the entries.  Have a great day everyone.  I will see you all again tomorrow for another MCT ~ 3-D Wednesday.   :)



***PS - Guess what? I won Challenge #2 for the cute little birdie gift card!!!  If you have never entered a challenge - what are you waiting for??  They are so much fun!!!  :)  YAY me!!

11 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Super cute!! I love all the glitter with the first card and those gems for the water on the second is so cool!! Congrats on your win!!
Kristan

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful job...love the colouring.Lee-Ann :)

Christine said...

Both are very cute. Love the bling you used for the water splash accents for your bird. TFS --C

Christine said...

And Congrats on winning the challenge. Whoo hoo!

Glora said...

These are both So cute and I can see that I would LOVE to cut those SVG's for the stamps. I'm totally in LOVE with this set too. Awesome job and congrats on winning one of the challenges! Hugs- Glora

Kate said...

Super Cute Card. Love it.

Hugs,
Kate

LindaV said...

Congrats on your win!!! I agree...that birdie is very tweet!

Love the fairy too. You are passing me up on coloring and svg files!!

Keep up the good work!

missstamper said...

Very cute! Congratulations on winning the challenge!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Okay this little girl is just ADORABLE! I am in AWE of your paper piecing! The colors are PERFECT and the XL label looks GREAT with all the sentiments! The little bird giftcard holder is just too dang ADORBS! CONGRATS on the win too! They are the both winners in my eyes!

Lisa said...

CONGRATS

Cindy said...

GORGEOUS job with both sweet cards Cassandra!they are sooo CUTE,I LOVE the new PK stamps and you did an AWESOME job with them!!!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...