Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #23

Hello everyone!  And Happy Tuesday!  It's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #23 : Anything Goes.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Make a project of your choice and ANYTHING GOES!  Just use your PEACHY KEEN STAMPS and link up!  Design must be new.

So in case I've never mentioned it, fairies are my most favorite thing.  Which makes last month's PKS ~ Kit of the Month the absolute BEST thing ever!!  I apologize in advance if I  go a little overboard with fairy creations in the coming months.  LOL Here is my challenge entry:


I decided to do something a little different than a card this time.  I made this as a gift for someone special in my life (don't want to mention who just yet in case they see this post before they get their package in the mail).   ;)

Ok, to start - this pretty hanging frame is something I picked up at Michales.  All I did was add the bow at the top which is made with Celebrate It ~ Valentine ribbon.  Now, you might think this is a little weird, but instead of putting this "in" the frame, I actually mounted it on "top" of the frame.  (That's because I put her on an Action Wobble so she could be her little fairy self).    :)


This is one of those projects that I just loved so much, I almost decided to keep it for myself...lol.  You know me and my rainbows ~ I think I might just have to make one in every color!  I'm sooooo not kidding!!!!!   ;)

Ok, the black background cardstock is from Recollections.  The white cardstock is X-Press It ~ Blending Card Paper (which I use specifically for coloring with Copics).  The super beautiful flowers around the outside are stamped with the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Flower Power Frame.  I colored them all in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers (and yes, it took forever - but I just LOVE LOVE LOVE how it turned out).



If you look closely, you can see that each and every flower has a Recollections ~ Pearl in the center of it.  They are all different sizes.  Almost all of them are white, but there are a few red ones in there too.  Doesn't this little fairy go perfect with these pretty flowers???  I just knew they were the perfect match the minute I saw them.  And if you check out the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog, you can see that Nikki did the exact same thing with a different color scheme and the other cutie patootie fairy!!!  They are soooo perfect together!!!


For my super duper little cutie, she is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ June 2012 : Kit of the Month.  I used the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ SVGs and my Silhouette ~ Cameo to cut out her body and her head.  I used Copic ~ Sketch Markers for her skin, hair, wings, shoes and the tip of her hat.  The rest is all paper pieced.  The patterned paper for her hat and the bottom layer of her dress are from the Creative Imaginations ~ Simply Sentiments : Neutral 6x6 paper stack.  The patterned paper for the background and the top and middle layers of her dress are from the Creative Imaginations ~ Dots & Stripes : Cool 6x6 paper stack.  Here is a closer look:


And for the absolute best part:


I put her on an Action Wobble!!!  She has to be able to move around and do her fairy business of course!!!    ;)


Well that's it for today my friends.  I hope she makes you smile! I think that there is just something so magical about fairies. I'm sure there will be a lot more to come, so I hope you don't get too sick of them.    :)

Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog to check out all the other entries.  Have a great day everyone!  I will see you back here soon.

14 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

So pretty!! Who ever gets this in the mail is going to be super happy!!
Kristan

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...love this wall hanging! Lee-Ann :)

Christine said...

Great job on the flowers! I love the polka dot dress on her. And the wobble...looks like she's doing cart wheels cause her arms are up in the air. LOL TFS --C

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ oh my this is just PRECIOUS! I LOVE that you added pearls to EVERY single flower! WOW! Your coloring and paper piecing is simply AMAZING!!!! What a GREAT frame and how CLEVER how you added the image to it! Your post is too CUTE ( as always)! Yes ~ fairies have to do their business so the action wobble is the PERFECT touch! Your frined is just going to LOVE and ADORE this to pieces!!!!

LindaV said...

Super cute. I love your coloring.

L.B. said...

she is seriously way to cute. Love the wobble and your colors and the border of flowers. so fun

Glora said...

I've SLOWED way down on commenting, since I don't want to take too much time from the kiddos right now, but I absolutely COULD NOT pass up on letting you know how much I LOVE this!!!! I can't believe you put a little pearl inside every flower, but it looks AMAZING. The coloring and paper piecing are perfect too. I KNOW that your friend will absolutely TREASURE this! Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

Scrappin with the bug said...

Wow this is steller. It is now making me think I need this stamp set. I loved what you did and rather than put in the frame to make her be a true fairy and flutter about. GREAT job would love to see those in the full colors of rainbow..

How fun would that be!!! Just get a few $$$ frames and make an entire wall of them. Again just lovely.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

oh my goodness, this too stinkin' cute!!!

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

Well this is just ADORABLE!!!!! And it's NOT like mine!!! Yours is WAY AWESOMERERERER...tee hee!!!! Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with us at PeachyKeen!!!!

♥ Nikki ♥

Cindy said...

GORGEOUS job with your BEAUTIFUL project Cassandra!It is soooo ADORABLE my friend,Have a great day my friend!!!:)

Cindy :) said...

OMG that is way to adorable for words, love that she wobbles, the frame is sooo pretty. great job

Michelle said...

wow !!! soooo stinking cute !! love the colors and the beautiful you put it all in !! awesome job !! thanks so much for linking up with us this week at Peachy Keen!!

Michelle- DT
www.scrappinwithmybug.com

Megan said...

Wow, this is just too cute! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...