Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #20

Hello everyone!  And happy Tuesday.  It's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #20 : Just Cards.  The guidelines for this challenge:  No theme, just create a card & link up!  Design must be new and created for this challenge. And must include Peachy Keen Stamps to win.

I'm so excited to share this card with you today!  Remember several weeks ago when I shared with you that I got a new Silhouette ~ Cameo for my birthday?  Well, I finally had some time to play with it and figure it out and this is my very first project with it.  In case you didn't know - PKS now has SVG cuts to go with some of their stamp sets!!  I am totally new to the SVG world so I basically have no idea what I'm doing.  But I did figure out enough to cut out these little cuties:


Aren't they just ADORABLE?!?!?  And did I mention this is a funny little birthday card for my hubby's birthday this weekend?  He is soooo gonna laugh at the sentiments!!!

All of the stamped elements on this card are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ March 2012 : Kit of the Month.  And I used the matching SVGs to cut the cute little couple with my Silhouette ~ Cameo.  The card base is from Recollections.  The pretty blue and brown background papers are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Linen Closet stack.  Her cute little dress and gnome hat & his shoes, pants, vest and gnome hat are all papers from the SEI ~ Aunt Gerti's Garden collection.  I paper pieced them altogether for a cool layered look - like real clothes.  For all the other gnomie parts, I used my Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  Here are some closer shots:


You can see better here that I used the Copic ~ Sketch Markers to color in her skin, hair, face, shirt, and shoes.  Don't you just love the little red lips?!?  All the little flowers are from my stash.  The ink for the little patches of grass is Memento ~ Bamboo Leaves.  I also used some Chestnut Roan ~ Color Box ink on the little hill.


For this handsome little fellow, I used the Copic ~ Sketch Markers to color in his beard, face, and shirt.  If you look closely, on his belt buckle I used a Clear Star ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  It looks really cool up close.  Cuteness overload!  I just LOVE both of them!!!


Now for the funny part ~ aren't these little sentiments just HILARIOUS?!?!?  My husband is gonna totally laugh!!!   The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


Well, my creative friends - I hope you love this little card as much as I do.  I am absolutely LOVING the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Kits of the Month.  If you haven't signed up yet, what are you waiting for??  They are just the BEST!!  And now that I know what SVGs are - lol - I hope to be using them a lot more often.  FUN!  FUN!!  FUN!!!

Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog to see all the other entries.  Have a great day! I will see you tomorrow for another My Creative Time ~ 3-D Wednesday.

11 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Wow I thought you had printed out the gnomes and cut them with the cameo!! I never would have guested they were paper pieced (that's how good you are!!) Very funny sentiment your husband is going to love this card!!
Kristan

Crafting Katie said...

Such a cute card, Cassandra, and I LOVE that you were able to cut out the shapes with your Cameo! How fun!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Really cute!! I'm wanting a cameo so bad!! Lee-Ann
ps...the sentiment is so perfect.

Glora said...

YAY for figuring out how to cut your SVG's for these. They look AWESOME. You coloring/paper piecing looks perfect on both of them. I used that same sentiment for my husband's birthday card. It was just TOO perfect not to use and he liked it too. Hugs- Glora

missstamper said...

Yes, I love, love, love your card as much as you do! The sentiment is great!

Miss Giebel said...

Cassandra, these gnomes are super adorable and on your card they are even cuter! I love the little flowers you sprinkled around the card and the earth tones are lovely!!
xo

Cindy said...

GORGEOUS job with this sweet card Cassandra!TOO CUTE,I TOTALLY LOVE it!!!:)

Melissa said...

Your husband will enjoy this card. Aren't the SVG's fun!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ how did I miss this ADORBS card! Oh I LOVE it! The whole scene is just PERFECTION! Your paper piecing is just AMAZING! I have to say this has to be the BEST sentiment!

Kristi said...

WOW! Super cuteness! Love the Gnomes! Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen!

Kate said...

ADORABLE. Love the coloring and Paper piercing you did.

Hugs,
Kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...