Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek : Day 1 June Release

Hello everyone!  Yippee . . . it's that time of the month again! It's time for the My Creative Time ~ June Product Release!!!  For those of you who may be new, Emma with My Creative Time releases her newest stamps during the 3rd week of every month.  And before the big reveal, Emma and the MCT ~ Design Team whip up some fabulous Sneak Peeks for your inspiration.  Are you ready?  Let the fun begin!

This month there are 3 new sets for your viewing pleasure: Fly Away With Me & Fly Away With Me Sentiments & Fly Away With Me Dies. Half of us will be you showing you sneak peeks today and the other half tomorrow.  The super fun Blog Hop will be on Thursday, June 21st.

This release is just so cute, that I had to make two cards for you today.  The best part is that there are so many sentiments in this set.  And the way that Emma designed them ~ they can easily be mixed and matched.  The two sentiments that I am showing you today are "Flying by to say ..." & "Hi"


Yes!  Yes!  Yes!  All of that crafty goodness comes from all the different dies in this set!  Can I get a WOOT WOOT?    ;)


The white, black and grey cardstock are all from Recollections. The pretty blue sky paper is from the SEI ~ A Fair Day collection.


Isn't this plane so cute?  The plane is a die in this set and the stamped plane image fits perfectly inside.  For this little plane, I actually stamped it twice - once on grey and once on white cardstock.  Then I cut out the little white windows and added them to the grey plane base.  This just gives it a little fun dimension.


That cloud die is just so perfect!  There are actually two size clouds in this set.  For this card, I used the smaller cloud.  The paper for the cloud is from the beautiful shimmery Coredinations ~ Gemstone collection.  In my silliness, I used the "Hi" stamp to look like the plane wrote "Hi" in the sky.  I hope you can tell.  I had to do it about a billion times before I like how it all looked...lol...and it's still a little crooked.  Oh well. If you look closely, you can see that the "Hi" underneath the cloud has a little Recollections ~ Pearl to dot the "i".


Here are two of the 27 different sentiment stamps in this set - "Flying by to say..." & "Hi".   The ink for all the stamping is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


I used various size pop dots underneath the plane and a couple of the clouds for some extra dimension.  Simple, but cute I think.   :)

For my next card, I did some fun paper piecing:


I know!  I know!  Super fun right?  Don't you just love this hot air balloon?  Have you ever been on one?  It's on my Bucket List...hopefully some day!


Ok, for those of you who don't know what "paper piecing" is, I will see if I can explain it.  What I did was stamp this hot air balloon image onto 5 different papers: the red, yellow and blue patterned papers are Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints; the solid red cardstock is Recollections and the kraft cardstock for the basket is also Recollections.  I used the hot air balloon die in this set to cut out the background.  Then I also stamped the image onto the white Recollections cardstock as well.  

Now for the fun part:  I cut out each piece individually - thus, "paper piecing".  It's really not that hard!  The toughest part is deciding on your colors and design.  Then you adhere them all down using the base image on the white piece as your guide. Kinda like putting a puzzle together.  EASY PEASY as Emma would say!  ;)


Here's a good shot of the two different sizes of clouds.  Aren't they perfect?  If you look closely, you can see that for some of the clouds I used plain white Recollections cardstock and then some of the other clouds are from the Coredinations ~ Gemstone collection cardstock.  Don't you just love Emma's signature stitching around the edges?  Perfect touch!


And here is a close up of the same sentiments.  These are only 2 of the 27 sentiments that come in this set!!!  All mix-n-match ~ you are gonna love it!!!


The pretty sky blue background is the same as the first card. It's from the SEI ~ A Fair Day collection.  You can see that once again I used different size pop dots for dimension.  And now for the BEST part:


I put the hot air balloon on an Action Wobble!!!!  Isn't that sooooo cool?!?!?!


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  Hope you liked all the fun.  Don't you just want to go on vacation now?  LOL

***********************************
SNEAK PEEK GIVEAWAY TIME!

With all of our Sneak Peek Weeks, Emma likes to do some FUN giveaways!  

***All you have to do is leave comments on our blogs.  It is NOT required to comment on every blog, BUT if you do, you will just have more chances to win!  

***SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON FACEBOOK about this release and whatever connections you may have.  Let us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page here that you did so.  OR you can just tag Emma in your post.  

Emma will randomly pick and announce all winners on Thursday, June 21st during the blog hop release happening at 12:01 am PST in her video.  GOOD LUCK!  Log onto your facebook now and let's start spreading the word.   ;)
***********************************

That's it for Day 1 of Sneak Peeks.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And don't forget . . . the Blog Hop this time will be on THURSDAY - June 21st.  See you there!

63 comments :

VICTORIA said...

Wow both cards are Fantastic love the hot air ballon!!!

jessica said...

Such awesome cards!!! love the "hi" behind the plane....super creative and love the balloon!!!!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Hi Cassandra,AWESOME job with both of your cards!LOVE the way you did the HI in the beackground,SO COOL!FANTASTIC as always!Have a SUPER day my friend!!!:)

Sandi's Added Touch said...

I felt like i was at a air show watching the planes write in the air....Love it!!!

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

O I love you cards!! So creative putting the Hi like the plane was writting it in the sky, I love the paper pieced hot air balloon!!
Kristan

linda said...

Hi Love this new release sneek peek.
LindaB
top2kop@hotmail.com

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful cards as always...love your stuff. The airplane card is precious...and the paper pieced balloon is so cute! Lee-Ann :)

Houses Built of Cards said...

These are adorable!!! I love how you made the plane write "hi" in the clouds! I totally saw it right away!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Barb said...

I absolutely hove the hi, hi, hi card and the balloon one is awesome. thanks for a chance to win. sneak peak is awesome.


barbbrower51@yahoo.com

Crafting Katie said...

I love your cards! They way you spelled out "hi" with the "hi" stamp is just genius, Cassandra!!!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OMG! How CLEVER are you to have that plane spell out "HI"! I so LOVE that!!!!! BRILLIANT idea!!! The balloon is just so cheerful and bright! AWESOME job on BOTH of your cards!

L.B. said...

Love your jet smoke!!! so fun and this looks like a fun set.

Carol said...

Both cards are amazing and creative Thank you for sharing

Craft Me This said...

Both perfect both interesting. Love the Hi trail. Very cleaver.

Barbara
Craft Me This

janner said...

Love the hot air balloon and the little plane. Adorbs, as Emma says.
thejanner@xcelco.on.ca

hopefulcrafter said...

Both cards are great, I just love the HI stamp!

Leanne said...

LOVE both of your cards! Love how you spelled out Hi! BRILLIANT!!! I love the paper pieced balloon too and so cool it's on a action wobble! Love those things! Great job as ALWAYS!! Hugs, Leanne

lindagk23 said...

OMGOSH Cassandra! Your projects are adorable! I love how you wrote "HI" in the sky! So cute! SO excited to see this new set! Thanks for sharing! You did an awesome job!
lindagk23ataoldotcom

Annette M said...

Love both your cards!!! so creative! Can't wait to get my hands on this latest release!

LindaV said...

I love anything on a Wobble!!! Such cute designs. What a great release!!! You did a great job as usual.

Cindy said...

I love the way you stamped the HI all over...it totally looks like the plane wrote it!

Beth L said...

What great ideas for both cards!! very impressive work and alot of patience

beth l
toothlesschef at comcast dot net

Jovan said...

AWESOME cards...I love the Hi's in the sky! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

love both cards they are so cute
valerie
varguelles50@att.net

Glora said...

Girl you ROCK! How cute and creative is the 'hi' in the shape of the word hi. I LOVE it! and then the dimension on the hot air balloon totally ROCKS! Amazing job! Hugs- Glora

Alvina said...

Great job, both of your cards are great, thanks for sharing.

alvinadiaz@msn.com

Gabriela Sandoval said...

Both your cards are so great. I'm enjoying the sneak peak.

Gabriela

gaby@hispaniclifestyle.com

Crafty Moni said...

Cute cards, I love how you used the HI stamp to show that the plane had written Hi out, very creative :)

Peace, Love & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

monita23 at ca dot rr dot com

Jeanne said...

Both of these cards are just perfect! Love that you spelled out HI with the stamps! And LOVE that you put the hot air balloon on an action wobble! :)

Amy C said...

What great cards!! Love how you spelled out "hi" with the "hi" stamp. Fab job!!

Brenda66 said...

Both of your cards are absolutely adorable and very creative with the Hi stamp!

Brenda said...

too too cute!! love how you did the colors on the balloon and I love the airplane one too!! love how you used the "hi" stamp!!

brwneyes46@gmail.com

Tammy said...

What an amazing job, love the clouds on the shimmery paper and very creative idea with the hi stamp. Love it.

Kathy Salido said...

Your cards are fabulous!! Just love how you did the "sky writing"!!
Kathy
Salido99 at msn dot com
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Gina said...

fabulous! LOVE the wobble!
GinasCreativePlace.blogspot.com

Caitlin Clark said...

Beautiful cards!! I love how you made the plane look like it said hi! It looks fantastic :)

Caitlin

caitlin.oday@gmail.com.

holly said...

Love the card! the little hi every where is my favorite part!

Cathryn said...

The sky writing is such a clever idea! Great job! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Sue D said...

Very cute cards and a clever Hi on the first one.

Barb Ghig said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your cute cards!!!

missstamper said...

Gorgeous!

missstamper (at) yahoo.com

quilt4fun2 said...

Woot Woot! ;) I love your cards. The clouds are the perfect paper. Spelling Hi with the plane and putting the balloon on a wooble was super clever...Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Star Ark Creativity said...

Hi, Cassandra I really like the card with airplane with saying come out the end of the plane Hi Hi Hi that is one of my favorite. I did like the balloon one you did,too. Thank you for sharing some of the Sneak Peek day 1.
Have a great day :)
Delama

tina said...

Love both your cards! So cute!

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

CathyinMN said...

Very cute cards! Love the hot air balloon and the way you used the "hi" stamp to write out the word "hi."
tcsobotka at charter dot net

Marianne said...

i love the hot air balloon card, and the airplane one as well. So many ways to use them. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

WOW both cards are fantastic, love everything about them from the paper piecing to the action wobble, but love how you stamped the hi
upnurse at aol dot com

Suzanne said...

Hi Cassandra!
SUPER CUTE cards! Love the Action Wobbles...they are so fun to use! GREAT IDEA! Thanks for sharing :)

Suzanne
suzwatanabe@yahoo.com

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Lol you can get a Woot Woot! Your cards are beautiful. I love how you made the word "HI" with the stamp and the airplane is so cute.

I've never been in a hot air balloon and not sure if I would put it on my Bucket List. LOL! I have to say I love the color and the paper piecing you did is prefect. TFS AJ~

UnikeByYes said...

Cassandra. Both cards are awesome!!! Love the way you used the " hi" stamp on the first card and of course your color selection for the hot air ballon, love the wobble action too!TFS
Have a fabulous day!
Liz
Unikebyyes(at) yahoo( dot) com

melllisssa said...

Beautiful cards! You ALWAYS do such a FANTASTIC job :) The airplane is so stinkin' cute. I know my 2 year old son would just love it. What I love about the hot air balloon card is that some of the clouds are popped up and the others aren't -- what a great idea!

Thanks so much for sharing!
misshoanggg (at) gmail.com

Elle said...

Your use of the 'Hi' stamp is the bestest! It looks awesome and packs a huge punch. Thanks so very much for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Wow I love both of your cards. Love your paper piecing instructions. Haven't done it in a while so it is good to be reminded I liked doing that. lol. TFS!
dmcardmaker at aol dot com

Christine said...

You had me at: Hi Hi Hi Hi Hi Hi Hi Hi ----- I love it! Great design! --C

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

Love these cards Girl. Like how you used two different papers for the clouds and that wobble touch is perfect. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

Great cards. Love what you did with the Hi stamp. Looks neat.

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com
SewSweetNCrafty@gmail.com

Evelyn said...

Love how you did the Hi and all the colors on the balloon. TFS
Evelyn L.
evl14512 at gmail.com

Lady Fair said...

Super duper cute cards, especially love the hot air balloon and your use of the clouds. Emma really is bringing her "A game". I'm going to buy as much of this release as I can!

lflinesatcomcastdotnet

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

Love both of your cards!!

Veronica (follower)
mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

Momof4inArlington said...

I love these whimsical new images. Darling pearl accent on the "i". Don't worry about the "hi" being crooked...Sky writers are impressive, but they're never perfect either! Love the paper piecing with the slight white border, too. Thanks for the opportunity to win!
rjtlkmorris1@gmail.com

Crafty Pink Butterfly said...

I love how you stamped all the hi's.

Danielle Lee said...

Both cards are really nice. I really like how the "Hi" trails behind the airplane. Thanks for sharing.


Danielle
leeceratops@comcast.net

Scrappin with the bug said...

Beautiful cards. I love the way you made the smoke - great job.

Love the Hot Air Balloon card and the paper piercing. It's so pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...