Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Graduation !!!

Hello everyone!  Today I have my last graduation card of the season.  And if you like college rivalries, then you will love this one.  

In Arizona, we have 3 main universities: Arizona State University, The University of Arizona and Northern Arizona University.  The big (I mean absolutely HUGE) rivalry is between Arizona State University & The University of Arizona.  I actually went to both schools ~ The University of Arizona for my undergraduate degree and then Arizona State University for my graduate degree.  And as anyone who knows me knows . . . I am a University of Arizona Wildcat all the way baby!!!  That's what makes this card so funny:


This is another clean and simple card (that way the focus can be on the prank...lol).  I made this card to look like their logo and advertising.  All of the black, white, gray and yellow colors of cardstock are from Recollections.  The maroon cardstock is from Bazzill.  


The ASU letters are cut from the Plantin Schoolbook ~ Cricut Cartridge.  Instead of doing a traditional shadow layer, this time I cut two sets of letters, one in maroon and the other in black (the school colors).  And I offset the black layer to the left.  Just something a little different, which gives a neat look rather than the traditional shadow.  I also used pop dots underneath the letters for some extra dimension. The sun is cut from the Life Is A Beach ~ Cricut Cartridge.  **Note that I used the Gypsy to remove the sun's face with the Hide Contour Feature.


The "Class of 2012" is from the My Creative Time ~ Follow Your Dreams stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


The "Congratulations you did it!" and the fun little diploma are also from the My Creative Time ~ Follow Your Dreams stamp set.  Again the ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  And notice that I added a simple little gem to the center of the bow on the diploma.

Ok . . . are you ready for the funny part???


Underneath the money, I put a funny picture of Wilbur the Wildcat which is The University of Arizona's school mascot!!! That way, when she removes the money ~ she will see him staring back at her.  ROFLOL!!!!!  You have to understand how big the college rivalry is to know just how funny this is.  When she first went off to college four years ago, I sent her a good luck at ASU card with another funny picture of him inside ~ so she should get a big kick out of this!!!!

Well my friends, that's it for me today.  I hope you had a little laugh to brighten your day.  Of course, if you're not into sports or college rivalries, you might just think this is silly or stupid...LOL.  But heck, either way you're laughing right?!  Have a great day everyone!!!

Oh...and don't forget to come back tomorrow for the My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peeks!!!

3 comments :

Glora said...

This card is seriously SO professional looking. I don't think she is going to see the prank coming from looking at the outside. And I love that she won't see him until she removes the money. How AWESOME!!!!! Hugs- Glora

snappy scrappy said...

Really great card! Lee-Ann :)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ First of all you are so ROCKING these grad cards! They are so LIFT material! This one is yet another FABULOUS card! Second ~ you might want to warn me or anybody for that matter on the laugh factor! I just spit my ginger ale out! OMG! I LOVE your sense of humor! I think the card is FABULOUS but the inside the ABSOLUTE BEST! LOVE IT!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...