Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy Graduation !!!

Hello everyone!  I'm back with another graduation card today. My husband's nephew is one of those super duper smart people.  Plus he's obviously a boy.  So coming up with a card that wasn't too cutesie was a little tough.  But here is the finished product:


This card is 9.25 x 4.  I had to make a long one in order to get all of "STANFORD" on there...lol.  It fits perfectly into a regular business size envelope.  All of the different solid colors of cardstock for this card are from Recollections.  The letters are all cut from the Plantin Schoolbook ~ Cricut Cartridge. Such a classic font - I just love it.  If you look closely, you can see that the top layer is the Cardinal Red which is their school colors and then I did a small shadow layer in white.


The sentiments "CONGRATS" and "you are simply the BEST!" are from the My Creative Time ~ Here's Lookin' At You stamp set.  The cute little graduation cap is also from this set.  I cut it out separately and used a pop dot underneath it for a little extra dimension.


The "Class of" and the "2012" are from the My Creative Time ~ Follow Your Dreams stamp set.  And if you look at my beautiful stitching at the top and bottom, that's actually a stamp in the My Creative Time ~ Gift Card Sentiments stamp set.  There's a short one and a longer one for perfect stitching every time!  :)  All of the ink is black ~ Ranger Archival ink.


Well, that's it for today.  Simple, but classic I think.  Perfect for a Stanford grad!  I have one more super funny graduation card that I will show you next week.  So stay tuned for that.  If you appreciate college rivalries, you will totally love it!  Have a great day my friends!   :)

8 comments :

Crafting Katie said...

Just PERFECT, Cassandra!!! Simple, but just right!

snappy scrappy said...

Great card for a boy grad. Lee-Ann :)

Glora said...

This is SO classy and professional. I just LOVE how it turned out. You lined up the stitching stamp perfectly too. You did an amazing job on this. Hugs- Glora

Crafty Moni said...

What a great card for a boy grad:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

Georgiana said...

Great looking graduation card. My son is off to college (UNF) in less than two weeks. Hope you will stop by when you get a chance.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

L.B. said...

I think this is classy and well done.

Christine said...

I like the long card. At first I thought you were gonna say to fit all the $$$ without folding the bills LOL but that would work too I guess. Great card!
See you soon!!!!! --C

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OH my this is the BEST masculine grad card! I LOVE it! I think he will too! You used one of my favorite carts and fonts! The sentiments are just PERFECT and LOVE the size! Awesome as always!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...