Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy Graduation ! ! !

Hello everyone!  Well, graduation season is upon us.  I think I've made five graduation cards so far.  And today I have what I think is my favorite of the bunch.


Isn't it fun?  I made this for a Design Team buddy.  I think graduations are such an important thing to celebrate.  It's such an accomplishment and such a proud moment.  So if there is someone that you know who may be graduating this year, send them some love ~ they deserve it!!

All of the solid color cardstock in this card are from Recollections.  The numbers were cut from the Plantin Schoolbook ~ Cricut Cartridge.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for some simple accents on the numbers.



Both of the sentiments and the cute little diploma are from the My Creative Time ~ Follow Your Dreams stamp set. The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  If you look closely, you can see that I added a little green gem to the bow on the diploma.  The gem is from my stash.


For the fun little bow, I mixed two colors of twine from The Twinery ~ Charcoal & Peapod.  Once again, I added a little green gem to the center of the bow.


Now for the best part, for the "1" in 2012 ~ I rolled up some money!!!  Isn't that a cute idea???  And you can obviously use any denomination that works for you.  To adhere it, make sure and use removable adhesive.  I also rolled it just right so that the neat United States Treasury seal was showing.


Now for this particular card, I used green as the accent color to match the color of money LOL.  But usually, I would suggest using the school colors.  I wasn't sure about the school colors for this card, so going with green is always a good option.  

Well, that's it for today my friends.  I will see you tomorrow with another PKS Challenge entry.  Have a great day!!!



13 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is so creative!! I love the money as the 1 and the way you stitched the numbers!!
Kristan

snappy scrappy said...

So cute and creative...love the $ idea! Lee-Ann :)

Christine said...

Great idea to put the $ in a roll for the "1". --C

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OMG! How stinking CLEVER are you and doing this! I LOVE THIS! YES ~ SCREAMING HERE! I LOVE it! I love how you used the stamps, the colors, the twine the EVERYTHING! AWEOME creation and idea! How sweet are you!!!! AWESOME as always!!!

Creative M said...

Stinkin Cute!!!I can see why its your favorite and mine!!!

Crafty Moni said...

Super cute! Great idea on using money for the 1 in 2012, love it! I might just have to scrap left your card:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

Glora said...

I'm SERIOUSLY so in love with this idea. You are WAY too clever. IT is PERFECT in every way! And if I don't forget by next year, I'm so 'borrowing' this idea! Hugs- Glora

LindaV said...

So clever. I love this card. GReat job my friend.

Crafting Katie said...

Absolutely perfect! I LOVE this!!!

missstamper said...

Great idea!

Gramjak said...

Thanks, Cassandra, for this SUPER idea. Our DGD will graduate next year so I can start planning the card (and saving the dollars for the 2013)!!!

Cindy said...

OMG this card is just FANTASTIC!I LOVE your great idea,AWESOME job as always Cassandra!!!:)

Natalie Kennedy said...

I saw this on Pinterest today. Super clever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...