Wednesday, June 13, 2012

3-D Wednesday with My Creative Time

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "3-D Wednesday" with My Creative Time.  The goal is to challenge yourself by making a 3-D project...anything but a card or layout.  And today, we also have a theme "REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE!" Make a 3-D project using ANY recycled item in your home.

For my "REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE" item, I chose a tuna can. Here is the "before" picture:


And here is my "after" picture:


Isn't it the cutest?  I have to admit right away, that I totally "borrowed" the eyeglasses on the worm idea from my super talented My Creative Time ~ Design Teammate : Cindy. You can see her original piece here.  I have always loved this little worm.  He always looks like a little bookworm to me.  So when I saw Cindy put these little glasses on him, I just knew that I was going to have to "scraplift" that idea. Makes him look even more studious!!!   Love it!   ;)


This super cute little bookworm is cut from one of my all time favorites - the Create A Critter ~ Cricut Cartridge.  And the apple is cut from the Makin' the Grade ~ Cricut Cartridge.


The black base for the worm is Recollections cardstock.  The top layer of green patterned paper for the worm is from the Recollections ~ Sugar Plums collection.  The bottom layer of green patterned paper for the worm is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ The Guy Stack.  The super cute face is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Wide Eyed Kids Face Assortment.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen for the eyes.  I also added a little Glossy Accents to the eyes as well.  I colored in the mouth with red and grey ~  Zig Writer Pens.  The super duper cute eyeglasses are cut with a die in the My Creative Time ~ What's Growing On? stamp set.  I put a couple of little blue gems from my stash in the corners.  I also used some pop dots behind the worm for a little dimension.


The brown paper for the apple stem is from Recollections.  The green paper for the leaf is the same as the bottom layer of the worm and it's from the Die Cuts With A View ~ The Guy Stack. The cute little embellishment is cut with the My Creative Time ~ Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies.  The kraft cardstock and the yellowish-orange cardstock are both from Recollections.  The fun sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ My Teacher Rocks stamp set.  I used a black ~ Zig Writer Pen to fill in Emma's signature stitching lines around the circle.  I added a pop dot behind the whole thing for a little dimension.  And the bow is made with Liz's Paper Loft Boutique ~ Hemp Twine.


The paper around the tuna can is actually a strip of alphabet letters from a 12x12 piece of border paper in the Die Cuts With A View ~ The Grade School Stack.  Isn't it perfect???  Inside the tuna can is a piece of green floral foam and I covered that with this fun crinkled paper filler.


So what do you think?  I just love it!!!  And the funny part . . . I don't even have a teacher to give it too.  However, teachers have always been my most favorite people ever!!  So if you have some in your lives, give them a little LOVE.  They so definitely deserve it!!!  

Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again tomorrow. Have a great day!   :)

16 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is very cool!! I hope you washed the can out with soap and water!! LOL!! The worm is super cute and I love the added gems on the glasses!!
Kristan

snappy scrappy said...

Really cute!! Lee-Ann :)

Cathryn said...

Another wonderful bouquet Cassandra, great job! That worm is adorable. Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ CUTE and CLEVER idea! you know I LOVE the paper but the details are simply ADORBS! I LOVED when Cindy did that too! What a GREAT idea for a teacher gift ~ might have to lift this in the fall! AWESOME as ALWAYS!

LindaV said...

Super Cute! I have been putting those glasses on everything since Michael got glasses a few weeks ago. Hadn't thought of the little worm...but I am going to now!!!

Lisa said...

Love that project. Great idea. Create a Critter is also one of my favorites. I'm not a fan of real worms, YUCK, LOL but that worm is adorable.

Jeanne said...

This is just a super cute idea for those special teachers! Love those glasses on the little bookworm! Fabulous job!

PinkE said...

Ok, I'm picking up my jaw from the floor and thanking you for the inspiration! You Rock! I'm a new follower to your blog! Hope you can come and follow me too!


PinkE
Creations By PinkE

Cindy said...

This is SO cute,Cassandra!! Adorable! I love the worm! And i love the your idea with the tuna can!! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Cindy said...

OMG Cassandra,Your project is just too STINKIN' CUTE my friend!I LOVE it,such a AWESOME gift idea for the great teacher!SUPER SUPER job as always!!!:)

Shar said...

So cute!!!! I love the bookworm. LOL He's adorable. Great project any teacher would love. :)

Glora said...

This is the cutest. That little worm is WAY too perfect with those oversized glasses. You make the cutest projects. I just LOVE this SO much!!!! Hugs- Glora

missstamper said...

Very cute!

tracym110 said...

So so CUTE!!! I love the glasses on the little worm!! and you know I love me some create a critter!! lol!! great job!
Tracy

Kate said...

Adorable. Love the face on the worm so cute.

Hugs,
kate

quilt4fun2 said...

Who would guess this was a tuna can? I love every detail from the papers to the glasses with bling :D I have to agree that Create a Critter is a great cartridge.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...