Wednesday, June 6, 2012

3-D Wednesday with My Creative Time

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "3-D Wednesday" with My Creative Time.   The goal is to challenge yourself by making a 3-D project...anything but a card or layout.

I've seen a few of my DT buddies and other friends make this cute little shirt treat box, but I was in a silly mood this weekend so I decided to take it one step further:


Isn't he funny?  Sometimes I just crack myself up!!!  LOL  ;)  I knew the minute I saw this set from Emma that I was gonna have to make this funny little man.


The fun little shirt treat box is cut from the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More 2 ~ Cricut Cartridge.  The little man is cut from the Everyday Paper Dolls ~ Cricut Cartridge - as you can see I only used his head and hands.  I took all the other body parts and wrapped them in a trash bag and threw them in the lake. HA!  LOL!  Totally just kidding . . . just wanted to see if you were reading this whole thing!  Hee Hee!  The patterned papers for the shirt, the tie and the hat band are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Baby Boy stack.  The solid brown and the solid gray papers are from Recollections.


The perfect little tie and the hat with hat band are cut with dies in the My Creative Time ~ Here's Lookin' At You stamp set.  The cute little glasses and mustache are stamps in the same set.  The ink for the glasses is black ~ Ranger Archival ink.  And the ink for the mustache is rich cocoa ~ Memento ink. I added my favorite googlie eyes from my stash.  I also used charcoal ~ Color Box ink to shade his hair a little bit.


One thing to note, this treat box actually has little flaps in the back that you can hook together.  But I cut them off so that I could stick some goodies in there.  It's hard to see, but there are little packs of Necco wafer candies in there.  My dad has always loved them ever since I was little, so I thought it would be fun to send him some.  The bows are made with The Twinery ~ Denim twine.


And finally, my dad is a huge book and music lover so I thought I would send him a fun gift card so he can pick out his latest favorites.  :)   This of course is made with the all time best invention ever - the My Creative Time ~ Embossed Gift Card Holder Die.  The kraft cardstock is from Recollections. And all the cute little ties are cut with the tie die in the My Creative Time ~ Here's Lookin' At You stamp set.  The fun papers for the ties are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Baby Boy stack.  The "Happy Father's Day" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ More Gift Card Sentiments stamp set.  And the ink is black ~ Ranger Archival ink.


Well, that's it for me today.  I hope this gave you some fun inspiration for your Father's Day goodies.  Don't forget to head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  Have a great day!!!

16 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is way to funny!! I love that you took this box one step further!! Very cool father's day gift!!
Kristan

snappy scrappy said...

Totally cute addition to the shirt box...love it! Lee-Ann :)

Crafting Katie said...

This is awesome, Cassandra! I just love how that box looks with the head and hands! Good job disposing of the body parts too!

Glora said...

He turned out WAY too cute. I totally LOVE him. I'm glad you took him one step further than just the shirt box container. I also love the Necco's. I didn't even think anyone else knew what those were. My dad used to buy those too. Thanks for a fun memory throwback. The giftcard holder is perfect too! Hugs- Glora

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ well you have done it AGAIN! This is so STINKIN ADORABLE! I LOVE how you mixed and matched carts and body parts! Your Dad is going to LOVE this! Oh on the body part thing ~ next time don't post about disposing them on a public forum! ROFLOL!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a handsome fella this little guy turned out to be! Love it! So unique and adorable. TFS

Cindy said...

SUPER CUTE Father's Day projects Cassandra!GREAT job with both,I LOVE the cute shirt box!Have a great day!!!:)

Craft Me This said...

Totally cute and clever. Hope all the evidence is gone. hehe

missstamper said...

Too cute!

Cathryn said...

Adorable set Cassandra, very creative! Love and Hugs, CAthryn :)

Crafty Moni said...

Your so funny:) your project was really cute, very creative!

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

Hrvatica said...

This is just too stinking cute (I'm such a sucker for googly eyes). Super creative project!

quilt4fun2 said...

You don't want those parts to float back up...I hope you tied a brick to it! Your projects are so cute and clever to add the head with a hat and glasses. Love the eyes too. Great job. Your Dad will love it.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Nancy said...

Love all the details on this box!! He is funny but in a cute way! Great job! hugs

Nancy

Jeanne said...

What a super cute little guy! So sorry to hear about the rest of his body! :) The gift card holder is perfect for those dies! Great job!

Kate said...

So cute. Love the Goggley eyes and the GC.

Hugs,
Kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...