Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Wobble Wednesday Challenge

Hello everyone!  This is my first of two posts today . . . wahoo!!! I'm sure that most of you know by now what an "Action Wobble" is, but I just got some for the very first time from a super sweet friend of mine.  So I thought I would give them a try and also join the challenge at the same time.  It's the "Wobble Wednesday ~ Challenge #11".  The guidelines for this challenge: Make a project for SUMMER.  You can make anything you want - just include a Wobble and a summer theme!

Living in Phoenix-Arizona we tend to go from Winter straight to Summer LOL.  We don't have much of a spring before it jumps into the 100s.  So here is a quick little summer card with my very first Action Wobble:


Doesn't it make you want to go jump in the pool???  Ahhhhhh! All of the solid colored papers are from Recollections.  The strip of striped patterned paper is from the Fancy Pants Designs ~ Beach Bum collection.  

All of the cute little images are from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Everything Accessories stamp set.  I colored them all in with Prismacolor ~ Pencils and then blended them with Odorless Mineral Spirits.  Here are some close up shots:




The ink for all the stamping is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink. Also, the small and large squares were cut with the Creative Memories ~ Square Maker punch.  It's perfect for shadowing your images!


The "Happy" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Happy Hunting stamp set.  The "Summer" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Have Fun In The Sun stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


Now for the fun part . . . the Action Wobble is behind the sun and this is a picture I took while it was wiggling . . . how fun!!! For extra dimension, I put some pop dots behind the other two images.


Well, happy summer my creative friends!  Make sure and head on over to the Wobble Wednesday Challenge Blog to check out all the fun.  See you again in just a bit with my second post for the day...

10 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very cool card!! Here in Canada this year we went from Winter to Summer too, which is very weird for here!!!
Kristan

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...who doesn't LOVE Action Wobbles? Lee-Ann :)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Alright this is beyond CAS! I LOVE how you did the squares with the images(colored AMAZINGLY)! One simple strip across, the sentiment and then how CLEVER to add the wobble! So crsip looking!

Glora said...

This is FABULOUS! I just LOVE the clean lines and the colors just POP. Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

This came out really cute. Love it. Smooches... Felicia

Dee Burns said...

Really like the colors and how very well put together your card is...nice job! Love the Action Wobbles too. I'm so glad more crafters are getting in on the Wobbles Challenge...thank you.

Have a great day!
Dee B

Christine said...

Great picture taking getting the ACTION of your wobble. Love this card! --C

Lisa said...

Great card, love those wobbles.

Jeanne said...

Is it summer yet?! Love the bright beautiful colors you've used on this card! And they just pop with that white background! Great job!!

quilt4fun2 said...

This card does make me want to jump in the pool :D Such a sunny and happy card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...