Monday, May 28, 2012

Scrappy Monday Layout Challenge with My Creative Time

Hello everyone!  I'm back!  :)  I hope you all had a great holiday weekend.  I sure did!  I got lots of time all by myself in my craft room ~ my happiest place on earth (except for Disneyland of course...lol)!  

Well, it's time again for another "Scrappy Monday Layout Challenge" with My Creative Time.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create any size layout of your choice, using only ONE picture & incorporate buttons onto your layout.  How fun and easy does that sound?!?

I decided to keep working on my 8x8 album for our Kauai trip awhile back, so here is another really quick and simple layout.


This is one of my most favorite photos from our Kauai trip. Isn't it just so pretty?  Can you tell what my favorite part is? (Take a close look and I will tell you at the end).

The kraft cardstock is from Recollections.  The pink and blue cardstock are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Le Tres Chic cardstock stack.  And the purple cardstock is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Chateau Lavender cardstock stack.  

At the top of the page I did some heat embossing.  All of the words are from the My Creative Time ~ Have Fun In The Sun stamp set.  Aren't they just perfect adjectives for this layout?  And they are just the right size too.  I used Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and clear ~ Stampendous Embossing Powder for the embossing.  Here are some close up shots:




If you look closely, you can tell that I cut thin strip of the kraft cardstock and then stamped the words onto the long strip and then popped the whole thing up with pop dots for a little dimension.


The pretty pink wood flower and the wood button are from my stash.  The super pretty pink hemp twine is from Liz's Paperloft Boutique.  I only used the darker pink for the bow, but I twisted the darker pink and the lighter pink together for the piece across the bottom.

Did you find my favorite part of the layout yet?  Look to the upper right of the flower ~ you see that man in the photo waving his arms?  That's my sweetie!!!  I watched him walk all the way out on those rocks and then when he turned around to wave - I snapped this photo with perfect timing!  :)


Well, that's it!  I love how it turned it.  Simple layout, beautiful colors and I think the flower draws your eye right to my favorite part ~ my hubby!

So get busy!  I want to see your layout too!  You can join in on the challenge over at My Creative Time. You will have two weeks to enter.  The deadline is June 10th.  Now let's go see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  See you over there.   :)

11 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very cool picture!! I love the layout simple but very nice!! Love how you stamped the words to make a border!
Kristan

snappy scrappy said...

Very pretty layout...awesome pic! Lee-Ann :)

Glora said...

This is ADORABLE. I love how perfect those embossed sentiments look on there. Won't it be nice to have you album done :). So cute! Hugs- Glora

missstamper said...

Stunning!

Cindy said...

Hi Cassandra,AWESOME job with your BEAUTIFUL layout!your picture is perfect and LOVE the embossed sentiments,Have a great evening!!!:)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

wow, this is sooo pretty! it makes me want to go back to Kauai!

quilt4fun2 said...

Beautiful job on your layout. What a wonderful trip and place to visit. Looks like hubby had fun too and will be reminded when he sees this memory captured in an album.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Marianne said...

Yes, though the photo is great, my eyes were drawn to the flower - and i did see the man waving, before i got to the bottom of the post. Thanks.

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Okay this is just PERFECTION! The picture is just AMAZING and I think what you did to the layout was PERFECT! Just added the right amount to it! The picture really speaks for itself! LOVE the sentiments, the flower and that hemp! FABULOUS layout ~ with the right details!

Christine said...

ahhhh, that pic looks so relaxing! --C

Jeanne said...

What a gorgeous pic for this perfect layout! The embossing looks great! And I love the layered colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...