Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ May Stamp Release

Hello everyone!  Well, I spent most of the weekend in organization mode...lol.  I had to make room for all my new cartridges.  :)   And of course when you are a little OCD, a little organization turns into a lot of organization!  Does anyone else LOVE to organize???  Sometimes I get more organizing done than creating...how messed up is that?!?!

Well, this weekend Peachy Keen Stamps revealed the products for their May Stamp Release.  And over at the Peachy Keen Connection they had a little reveal party with a little bit of fun trivia and some challenges.  I actually won the first trivia question contest!!!  How super fun is that?!  As for the challenges, there were 3 of them this time, but I only had time to make something for the first challenge.

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ May Release : Challenge #1.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Make any project of your choice and include 2 pieces of fruit on it.  Must include Peachy Keen Stamps to win.

Here is my creation:


Could you tell that I was craving ice cream all weekend?  LOL This is my version of a banana split.  I ran out of time to figure out how to make whip cream and hot fudge...mmmmmmm. The card base is basic white cardstock from Georgia Pacific at Walmart.  The fun orange patterned paper in the background is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Sweet Stack.


I cut the cute little bananas from the Savory ~ Cricut Lite Cartridge.  The yellow cardstock is from Recollections.  I outlined them with some stitching and a black ~ Zig Writer Pen. I colored in their little tops with a brown ~ Zig Writer Pen. The face for this first little banana is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Snow Cuties Face Assortment.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen for the highlights in his eyes.  And I added some faint little cheeks with chalk.


I made another cute little banana exactly the same as the first, except with a different little face.  Her cute little face is also from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Snow Cuties Face Assortment.


The ice cream and the ice cream dish are cut from the Birthday Bash ~ Cricut Cartridge.  It's actually all one cut, but I cut it out several times in different colors and then paper pieced it all together.  The pretty silver sparkly paper for the ice cream dish is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Serendipity Cardstock Stack.  You can see that at the base of each handle, I added some pretty little flower gems from my stash. 

The perfect sentiment at the bottom of the card is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ With A Cherry On Top stamp set.  It's actually 2 different stamps.  One is "Happy Birthday" and the other is "With A Cherry On Top!"  **The second one is actually on 2 different lines.  I taped it off when stamping so that I could stamp it all on one row.  I think it turned out perfect!


All three papers for the ice cream and the cherries are from Recollections.  If you look closely, you can see that I embossed the top layer of ice cream with the Swiss Dots ~ Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.  I also used some pop dots underneath the top layer of ice cream for some extra dimension. The cute little cherry stamps are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ With A Cherry On Top stamp set.  I hand cut each little cherry and attached them with some pop dots for a little more dimension. The faces for the left cherry and the right cherry are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Simple Sallies stamp set.  The face for the cherry in the middle is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Snow Cuties Face Assortment. I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen for the accents in the eyes.  Aren't they just soooo cute???


Well, that's it.  Looks yummy enough to eat doesn't it???? Hmmmmmmm....it is almost dinner time....maybe I can skip dinner and just do dessert....     ;)

If you want to check out all the new stamps for their May Release, head on over to Peachy Keen Stamps.  They are soooo cute!  And to check out all the other challenge entries, head on over to the Peachy Keen Connection.  

I will see you all tomorrow for another My Creative Time ~ 3D Wednesday.  Wait until you see what I made....I just love it!!!   ;) Have a great day my creative friends!

7 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Yummy!! I love the embossing and those sweet little PK faces!!
Kristan

Kate said...

Yummy and just so Adorable.

Hugs,
Kate

Christine said...

Looks absolutely YUMMY!

--C

Glora said...

So yummy and adorable too. I hope the organizing is going well. I only got one card done for the challenges too and I didn't even get around to posting it. It was a CRAZY weekend and now me and my 3 yr old are sick so let's just say I'm not doing a whole lot at the moment, but I'm glad you were able to join in on at least one of the challenges! It is SO cute!!!! Hugs- Glora

liz at liz's paper loft said...

cassandra, this card is soooo YUMMY! :)

missstamper said...

So yummy! Great idea to put faces on the cherries!

quilt4fun2 said...

Anything Peachy is so cute! I love it!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...