Thursday, May 31, 2012

"My FAVORITE Stamp of the Month" with My Creative Time

Hello everyone!  It's time for "My FAVORITE Stamp of the Month" with My Creative Time!  And boy are you in for a treat.  This month there are 3 "favorite" stamp sets and they are:  Have Fun In The Sun, My Little Firecracker and You're My Best Buddy.  In case you haven't seen them yet, here's a peek:




AND the BEST part is that they will all be on sale for the entire month of June!  Also, Emma will be having a "Link-Up Party" too.  So if you have any of these sets, show us what you have made with them.  We always love to see what you are creating!

For my project today, I made a very special card featuring the My Little Firecracker stamp set:


I know this might look a bit odd at first, but this is a very special card for a very special man.  My Father-in-Law's birthday is always either on or right around Memorial Day AND he is a WWII Veteran.  So this year when I made his birthday card, I decided to combine the two themes.  He absolutely loved it!!!

The black and the white cardstock are from Recollections.  The shimmery silver piece of cardstock between the black and the white is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Linen Closet collection.


All of these balloons are made with the egg die in the My Creative Time ~ Hello Spring stamp set.  The paper for the solid red and solid blue balloons are from Recollections. All the other patterned papers are from Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints collection.  The "You are my Hero" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Happy Homecoming stamp set.  All of the other sentiments on the other balloons are from the My Creative Time ~ My Little Firecracker stamp set.  I added strings to each balloon with black ~ DMC Floss and some little star gems from my stash.  And it's hard to see in this photo, but I also filled in Emma's signature stitching lines with a Clear Star ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.


The "Thank You for your service." sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Happy Homecoming stamp set. And the "Happy Happy Birthday!" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Wow! So Many Candles stamp set. All of the ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  The pretty bow is made with Celebrate It ~ American Collection ribbon.  For extra dimension I used some pop dots underneath a few of the balloons.  And I used a black ~ Zig Writer pen for the stitching along the outside of the card.


I just love how this turned out.  And my Father-in-Law loved it too!  Isn't that the best part of crafting???  Seeing the look on someone's face when they say "You made that?"?!?  Homemade gifts are the best!!!

Well, have a great day my friends!  And don't forget to head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And make sure you show us your creations with the "Link-Up Party".  I want to see what you are making!!!  :)   See you all again soon.

Oh ~ and in case you missed some of the other projects that I have made with these stamp sets - here you go:


For the original post for this layout using the You're My Best Buddy stamp set ~ click here.


For the original post for this card using the You're My Best Buddy stamp set ~ click here.


For the original post (earlier this week) for this layout using the Have Fun In The Sun stamp set ~ click here.


And for the original post (earlier this week) for this card using the Have Fun In The Sun stamp set ~ click here.

11 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

How special is that card!! I love the ribbon and those tiny silver stars!! this is why I love homemade cards (you can personalize them)
Kristan
P.S thanks for reposting the other cards/creations, I was just going to go into my craftroom and make a sun out of the "tie die" but was trying to picture how to do it!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

snappy scrappy said...

Wow...all of your other projects with these sets are lovely...but the balloons are so creative. A neat way to use an egg...and a great way to use a bunch of sentiments on a card.
Lee-Ann :)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ okay this is just to FABULOUS! I LOVE that you did the Egg Die ballons! I think they are just the CUTEST! The stamping of the sentiments on them are just to PERFECT too! Happy Birthday to you FIL and Thanks to men and women like him we live FREE in this country! AWESOME job as always! You know I adore ALL the other creations too!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

what a fabulous idea to stamp on the balloons!

Cindy said...

Your card for your Father-in-Law is just BEAUTIFUL!FANTASTIC job with all your great older projects too,LOVE them all!!!Have a great day Cassandra!!:)

Jeanne said...

Wow! Great idea on using the egg die as balloons! Love the sentiments you chose for the card too. And Happy Birthday to your FIL!

Glora said...

This card for your father-in-law is perfect. I can see why he loved it. It is PERFECT! I love all of your other awesome projects too! Hugs- Glora

quilt4fun2 said...

Homemade are the best and seeing how happy people are when they see the card. Great job on the card and all of your projects.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

missstamper said...

Love your card - it is great!

Kate said...

All of them are just AWESOME and I really love the idea of using that Egg Die as balloons, never would've thought of it. TFS

Hugs,
Kate

Cindy said...

WOW,Cassandra! I love the card for your FiL! No wonder he loved it...it's so awesome!! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...