Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Day 4 : May Release

Hello everyone!  Well, I'm sad to say that this is the last day of sneak peeks . . . but haven't they been absolutely fabulous?? Emma and the Design Team have been doing an AWESOME job!!!  Ok, for the My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Week : Day 4, we are all showcasing the brand new set called: Celebrate Good Times.  If you are looking for birthday stuff, then this is the set for you.  AND like all the other sets this week, this too has co-ordinating dies included!!!

One of my favorite things to both give and receive is a gift card. I know it seems impersonal to some, but I love how it let's the person pick exactly what they would like to have.  Besides, with all of Emma's fabulous products, you can totally personalize the gift card and  still make it extra special.  So here are my fun little boy & girl birthday gift cards:


C-U-T-E......cute!  I know I've said this before, but I think the My Creative Time ~ Embossed Gift Card Holder Die is the best thing ever invented (except of course for caller id...lol)!


The pretty pink patterned paper for the gift card holder is Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  For the sentiments, I used 4 different stamps in this brand new My Creative Time ~ Celebrate Good Times stamp set.  The "Make a wish!" sentiment is one stamp, the "Birthday" and the "Girl" are separate individual stamps, and then the "Hooray" is actually just one word from another stamp that says "Hooray...it's your birthday!"  All of the ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.

The cute little birthday candles are Jolee's Boutique.  All of the gems are from my stash.  And at the bottom of the gift card, I added some pretty white ~ Celebrate It : Wedding Occasions tull-eeee.


I cut these pretty little flowers with the My Creative Time ~ Flower Petal Dies that were released last month.  The darker pink paper is from the SEI ~ A Fair Day paper collection.  The silver glittery paper is from my scraps, but I'm pretty sure it's from Die Cuts With A View.  And the lighter pink paper for the smallest flower is the same Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints. For the cute little bows, I used some colored hemp twine.  It comes in all different colors and is super fun. I got it from one of my fellow Design Team Members ~ Liz with Liz's Paperloft. She just opened a brand new online store this week.  Click here to check it out!!!


The fun patterned paper for this gift card holder is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Baby Boy paper collection.  I just love the blues & greens!  To make it a little more masculine, instead of flowers or tulle, I used some burlap.  This burlap is another fun product that you can find at Liz's new store here.  The super cute little elephant is actually an image on one of the papers in the same Die Cuts With A View ~ Baby Boy paper stack.  I just cut him out as an individual little embellishment.  And to make it more fun, I added the little birthday candle sticker from Jolee's Boutique to the tip of his trunk.  :)


To show you how you can use the same product in different ways, I used the same sentiments for this little boy gift card as the little girl gift card.  But what I did different was tape off the different parts of the stamps when inking so that I could stamp the sentiment in one long vertical line.  Does that make sense? If not, make sure you click on the name of the stamp set and it will take you to Emma's store and you can actually see the stamps to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.   :)  The ink for this card is sepia ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  I also used some Chestnut Roan ~ Color Box ink to ink the edges for a more distressed look.


Well, that's it for today.  Another super simple and quick project.  I hope you can see how wonderfully easy these MCT products are to use. You can whip something out quickly or  you can take your time and make something more involved or complex.  It's all up to you!   ;)

******************************
This wouldn't be a party without GIVEAWAYS!  

With all of our SAMPLES/SNEAKS this week, Emma likes to do some FUN giveaways.  ***All you have to do is leave comments on our blogs.  You do NOT have to comment on every blog, BUT if you do, you will just have more chances to win!  

***SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON FACEBOOK about this release and whatever connections you may have.  Let us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page here that you did so. OR you can just tag Emma in your post.  

Emma will randomly pick and announce all winners on Friday, May 18th during the blog hop @ 12:01 am PST in her video. GOOD LUCK!  Log onto your facebook now and let's start spreading the word!   ;)
******************************

So that wraps up Day 4 of Sneak Peek Week.  I hope you have enjoyed all of the wonderfully creative and different ideas from everyone.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. And make sure you join us tomorrow for the best part . . . the super fun BLOG HOP!!!!

Oh and btw . . . in case you didn't know this already, all of the stamps in this release are currently on sale through tomorrow night.  So go check it out and make sure you get yours.  I can't wait to see what you all do with them!  Have a great day my friends!  See you all tomorrow.

45 comments :

Kristi said...

Super cute gift card holders, they are both so darling I don't know which I love best.
kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

Buncobuddy said...

Your cards are so inspirational! Gotta make some! Thanks!

snappy scrappy said...

Both of these are so great...the girl one is so girly girl...love it. The boy one is my fav though...to darn cute! Lee-Ann :)

jessica said...

These are so adorable!!! Loving this new stamp and die release!! Thanks for sharing another awesome day of projects!!
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Brenda said...

Fun, fun, fun! These cards are so cute!

Crafting Katie said...

ADORABLE gift card holders! I'm particularly drawn to the elephant on the burlap - so cute!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

oh my goodness cassandra, I love your gift holders! just too stinkin' cute!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ SUPER CUTE gift card holders! Both just have the PERFECT elements! Those flowers are way to ADORABLE and that fun elephant is way too CUTE too! I have to TOTALLY agree with your post ~ the person gets what they want!!! DITTO that idea!

Cindy said...

WOW,these are both awesome Cassandra! I love the glitter and all the details! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

CathyinMN said...

Darling gift card holders! TFS!

Creative M said...

They are both beautiful!!!Awesome job on the gift vard holders!
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com
Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com

mamawcindy said...

Your Gift Card Holders are so Cute! Amazing Job! Thanks for Sharing! :0)
cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com

Jovan said...

OMG...these are AWESOME! I love everything about both of them!

Glora said...

These are SO perfect! I love how sweet and girly the girl one is. And that bit of burlap is the perfect touch for the boy one. These are AWESOME! Hugs- Glora

Christine said...

I luv luv luv these!!! And believe it or not, this is one die I do not have yet...uh hello, what am I thinking, right! LOL TFS --C

christinescreativecards.blogspot.com
christinescreativecards@gmail.com

Craft Me This said...

Love when everyone uses the same set. We all get to see the unique styles from one set that can be made. Love it.

craftmethis@gmail.com

scrapaholicjen said...

I just LOVE your gift card holders! They are both so cute! I really love that elephant! This is my favorite stamp set from this release!
qtme2003 at yahoo dot ca

marg0006 said...

The cards & sentiments go so well together.

marg 0006 at verizon dot net

Kate said...

Adorable Gift Cards. Love them.

Hugs,
Kate

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

These are super cute!! I love getting gift cards too!!
Kristan
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

Brenda said...

these gift cards are so nice! I love the colors and all the details!

thanks for sharing!

brwneyes46@gmail.com

quilt4fun2 said...

Caller ID hehe! I love these holders too...they are great. You did a beautiful job on both and so different. I don't think gift cards are impersonal either...and if they come in a beautiful card holder like you have made, it is a gift in itself and personalized :D Beautiful job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Jeanne said...

These gift card holders are just adorable! Love the colors you chose for both. I've enjoyed looking at all your projects this week! :)

VICTORIA said...

Great gift tags!!!! :)

Sue D said...

Very cute boy and girl gift card holders. I like the burlap on the boy's.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Such sweet cards. TFS

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

Oh my goodness, I was already in love with the gift card holder die and now these awesome flower dies come along. These are BEAUTIFUL!!! You did a fantastic job.

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com
SewSweetNCrafty@gmail.com

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

These are the cutest. I could use that little girl one for my daughter's 3rd B-Day coming up. TFS, Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

MzTea said...

I absolutely love your gift card holders. They have so much detail.
tmdeberry@sbcglobal.net

Sarah said...

Super cute! I love that you showcased both a girl and boy project. Thanks so much for sharing your great projects during sneak peek! Love these stamps!

tina said...

These are so super adorable! Great work.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Crafty Moni said...

Cute cards:) The gift card holder die is my favorite as well.

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

monita23 at ca dot rr dot com

luvtosew said...

I also have found that quite a few of my family members like to get gift cards so yours are soooooo darn cute and worthy of scraplifting (I might add). Thanks for sharing.

missstamper said...

Terrific gift card holders!

missstamper (at) yahoo.com

Cathryn said...

Both Gift Cards are beautiful Cassandra! The candles look awesome with the stone on them! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Cindylop said...

Super cute!

Cindylop@rocketmail.com

Alvina said...

Adorable gift card holders, thanks for all the ideas.

alvinascreations.blogspot.com

Donna and Sara said...

Love those glittery flowers. Great job on these lovely cards. Thank you. teachermom5@gmail.com

Shelly said...

Oh SO ADORABLE! I LOVE them so much! Great flowers and burlap! Super duper CUTE!
Have a GREAT night!
Shelly

Cindy said...

GORGEORS job with both gift card holders Cassandra!I TOTALLY LOVE them both!!!:)

UnikeByYes said...

This are absolutely adorable Cassandra, TFS
Have a lovely day!
Liz

Houses Built of Cards said...

These are just DARLING!!! How cute and fun!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Gabriela Sandoval said...

Great gift card holders. Love the stamps.

Gabriela

gaby@hispaniclifestyle.com

Karen L said...

Love these both...that little elephant card is adorable!

Taylor said...

WOW!! You made what would be a simple gift cardholder into something absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I agree especially teens LOVE receiving gift cards. FABULOUS JOB! Hugz:) Taylor
DevinTaylorCreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...