Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Day 3 : May Release

Hello everyone!  Didn't I tell you that this was a super fun release?!?  Well, it's time for the My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Week : Day 3.  And today we are all showcasing the super terrific new set called: Fun Pockets.  I have been waiting and waiting for some fun pocket dies and Emma did it again!!! They are AWESOME!!!

This set is so great that I have 2 cards for you today.  Here is the first one:


Doesn't it just make you want to smile?  :)   The black card base and the white background piece are from Recollections.  The fun blue background is from the Fancy Pants Designs ~ Beach Bum collection.  For some fun dimensional clouds, I used a real cotton ball and just spread it apart to look all whispy!


All of the fun papers for the sun are from the Fancy Pants Designs ~ Beach Babe collection.  If you look closely, you can see that I made the rays of the sun with the awesome tag die in the brand new My Creative Time ~ Here's Lookin' At You stamp set.  The cute face is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Funny Flowers stamp set.  I used some chalk for the cheeks, a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for the highlights, and Tim Holtz ~ Distress Markers for the mouth and nose.  I also used a black ~ Zig Writer pen for the stitching around the edge of the circle.


I used two different sentiments for this card.  The sweet "You're still my sunshine!" is from the brand new My Creative Time ~ Fun Pockets stamp set.  I used Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and white ~ Stampendous Embossing Powder for the embossing with this sentiment.  And the always classic "I love you" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ You're My Best Buddy stamp set.  I used simple black ~ Ranger Archival Ink for this sentiment.

Here is card #2:


I told you the pocket dies were great!!!  Isn't this one so pretty? Ok, the black card base and the outermost white background piece are from Recollections.  The pretty blue paper is from the SEI ~ Desert Springs collection.  The top white cardstock is X-Press It Blending Card paper.  I always use that when I am going to color with my Copics.


This wonderful sentiment, these beautiful flowers and the very pretty pocket are all from the brand new My Creative Time ~ Fun Pockets stamp set.  I used black ~ Ranger Archival Ink for all the stamping.  I used Copic ~ Sketch Markers for the coloring of the flowers (still practicing with those...lol).  If you look closely, you can see that in the center of the flowers are Queen & Co. ~ Twinkle Goosebumps gems.  They are so pretty up close...I just love them.  And for the pocket, I used some pop dots underneath the top layer to give it a little more dimension.  Also, with this pocket I put some white cardstock behind the little holes (I thought it just looked better for this card).


For the bottom of the card, I used a super fun new tool: the Creative Memories ~ Border Maker System : Picket Fence Cartridge.  It's the perfect cut to weave ribbon through...I just love that look!  The ribbon is from my stash.  And the pretty "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ More Gift Card Sentiments.  Again the ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.



Well, those are my two cards for the day.  Both pretty and cheerful ~ enough to make anyone smile I think.   :)   I hope you like them.

******************************
This wouldn't be a party without GIVEAWAYS!  

With all of our SAMPLES/SNEAKS this week, Emma likes to do some FUN giveaways!  ***All you have to do is leave comments on our blogs!  You do NOT have to comment on every blog, BUT if you do, you will just have more chances to win.  

***SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON FACEBOOK about this release and whatever connections you may have.  Let us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page here that you did so.  OR you can just tag Emma in your post.  

Emma will randomly pick and announce all winners on Friday, May 18th during the blog hop @ 12:01 am PST in her video. GOOD LUCK!  Log onto your facebook now and let's start spreading the word!   ;)
******************************

That's it for Day 3 of Sneak Peek Week.  We have one more day before the big blog hop on Friday.  Don't forget to head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created  I know you will LOVE it!!!  See you all again tomorrow.  Have a great day!

46 comments :

tina said...

Wow, both of these cards are so wonderful. Love your cloud idea. So many great details on both of them.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

GlendaLea said...

This is the Set I want the most! I love what you have done! It is on the TOP of my wish list!
Love Glenda
glendalea.blogspot.com

Kristi said...

Awesome use of CM border punch! I love it. You did an amazing job on your card. Both are so cute. I love your cute little sun. Ingenious use of the die for the sun rays!
kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

snappy scrappy said...

Both of your cards are just wonderful. I just love the pockets!! Lee-Ann :)

Kate said...

Both cards are so beautiful. I love what you did with those clouds. Awesome.

Hugs,
Kate

quilt4fun2 said...

Two beautiful cards. I love the cotton cloud idea and I have saved cutouts from bubble gum wraps and they might work for a suns rays. I thought maybe pearls were on your pocket...you were right to put the paper under...it really makes it pop. Great job.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Crafting Katie said...

Both of these cards are just beautiful, Cassandra! I love how you made the clouds on your sun card!

jessica said...

Amazing cards!! love how you did the sun and the border with the ribbon is awesome!! Another awesome day of projects!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Glora said...

These are both AMAZING. I love the sunshine and the whispy cloud is perfect. Your sweet little flowers on the second card are perfect. And I LOVE that ribbon border. How cool! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Kim's Kreations said...

I really like both of your cards. I like the way you used the tie die for the rays of the sun and I like the way you threaded the ribbon through the card stock on the other. Great way to think outside the box.
Ogdendoll@gmail.com

Jeanne said...

Such beautiful cards! Love the clouds and the peachy little sun. And that ribbon border is fabulous! Just when I think I have enough stuff - someone has to post something that I just have to have! :) Great job Cassandra!

CathyinMN said...

Both cards are dynomite! Love them! You showcase Emma's stamps and dies so well! TFS!

marg0006 said...

Such cute cards. Love the flowers in pocket & pachy face on sweet sun.

marg 0006 at verizon dot net

Deanne & Rebecca said...

Oh so pretty! TFS!

Deanne

thebcrafters@gmail.com

Kat's Kreative Corner said...

Love your cards! They are super sweet!

Kat
kat.raymond@gmail.com

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Okay these are just ADORABLE! I could be here for ever telling you about what I LOVE about both but then I would be a stalker! LOL! But the 2nd one is just PERFECT and so PRETTY! The 1st one ~ OH my CLEVER idea to use the tie die for the rays for the sun! LOVE, LOVE it! Oh the clouds are to PERFECT too! AWESOME as always and big smile on my face!

LindaV said...

Another work of art! Great job on these my friend.

Cindylop said...

Beautiful cards!

Cindylop@rocketmail.com

Cindy said...

I really love both of your cards! The first one is so cute...and what a great idea with the cotton balls as clouds! Love it!
And the second is so pretty...eps the bottom! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Craft Me This said...

Loving the pocket die. Your card is adorable.

craftmethis@gmail.com

Brenda said...

these are soo cute!! thanks for sharing them!

brwneyes46@gmail.com

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

O Wow these are so cute!! I love the cotton ball idea!! Love how the ribbon is weaved in the second card!!

Kristan
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

Creative M said...

OMG!Both cards are beautiful!!!My favorite is the Pocket full of flowers!!TFS
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspto.com
Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com

Donna and Sara said...

You are so right, this release is wonderful. The projects are just amazing. Love your cards today. Great job. Thank you. teachermom5@gmail.com

Sue D said...

Very cheery cards!!

Crafty Moni said...

Beautiful cards Cassandra! I loved how you made the clouds on your
1st card and the punch you used on the 2nd card:)
Peace, Love, & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

monita23 at ca dot rr dot com

Alvina said...

I love your cards, thanks for sharing.

alvinascreations.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Oh my Cassandra,GORGEOUS job with both cards!I LOVE the little sun,TOO CUTE!and your flowers are sooo pretty,SUPER SUPER job as always!!!!:)

Trell Doxie said...

Fabulous Ms. Cassandra!!! I love the sun and the way you used the tie die to make the rays. And I love your colorful flowers! So springy!!

missstamper said...

Terrific cards. The light denim works great with both of them!

missstamper (at) yahoo.com

VICTORIA said...

Beautiful cards I love them :)

janner said...

Your cards are beautiful. I love what you have done.
thejanner@xcelco.on.ca

kdnkdd said...

Really nice cards.

Niki said...

very bright and cheerful and pretty!!!

Niki
billniki@gmail.com

Simply Sandy said...

what cute cards!

Nancy said...

Cassandra the sun is to die for!! Wow how creative!!! Love both of these!! Awesome job as usual! hugs

Nancy

Christine said...

Love how you threaded the ribbon in the slots on your card.
Great projects...TFS --C

christinescreativecards.blogspot.com
christinescreativecards@gmail.com

UnikeByYes said...

These cards are fabulous Cassandra, love, the colors on both and the details you added to them, TFS
Have. Lovely day!
Liz

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Wonderful cards. TFS

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

How cute. Great use of the tie die. TFS.

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com
SewSweetNCrafty@gmail.com

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

Love both of these cards. That sunshine one is the perfect sentiment as this is the nickname for my little soon to be 3yr old. I tell her that a lot. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

luvtosew said...

Love your cards. The Mother's Day card is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your creativity and inspiration.

Shelly said...

So FUN! Love both so much!! I really like the border on the second card!!
Very CUTE!
Shelly

Houses Built of Cards said...

These are SOOO cute!!! LOVE the clouds!!! Gorgeous work!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Gabriela Sandoval said...

Love all your cards.

Gabriela

gaby@hispaniclifestyle.com

Taylor said...

GORGEOUS!! I really love the pearls on the pocket. Perfect touch to the card. Hugz:) Taylor
DevinTaylorCreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...