Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Day 2 : May Release

Hello everyone!  And welcome to the My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Week : Day 2.  Today we are all showcasing a great new set called:  Here's Lookin' At You.  This set has 36 stamps AND some super fun dies too!  I'm tellin' ya . . . this release is AWESOME!!!

Today I went with super super simple:


Ok, for a little bit of background story...in my family we kinda LOVE Disney.  Maybe it's partly because my sister was lucky enough to work there for a couple of years as a dancer in the parades (AWESOME right???!!)  Anyway, my all time favorite Disney movie is The Lion King, same with my Dad.  And there is this funny scene in the movie where Mufasa is still sleeping and Simba is trying to wake him up and Simba is jumping all around and saying "Dad Dad Dad Dad Dad Dad Dad..."  My Dad just loves that little scene.  I know this is kind of one of those "you had to be there" moments, but because of all that . . . I just know he's gonna love this card!!!

So all of the cardstock is Recollections.  The "Dad" stamp is from this brand new My Creative Time ~ Here's Lookin' At You stamp set.  The little dots or periods are actually from a long stamp of dots in the My Creative Time ~ Hello Spring stamp set.  (It's one of the stamps you use to decorate the eggs).  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


The "Happy Father's Day!" sentiment is also from this brand new My Creative Time ~ Here's Lookin' At You stamp set.


The sweet little photo of Mufasa and Simba is just something I printed from the internet.  Shhhhh!  Well, like I said . . . super simple, but sometimes I really like it that way.

******************************
This wouldn't be a party without GIVEAWAYS!

With all of our SAMPLES/SNEAKS this week, Emma likes to do some FUN giveaways!  ***All you have to do is leave comments on our blogs!  You do NOT have to comment on every blog, BUT if you do, you will just have more chances to win!  

***SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON FACEBOOK about this release and whatever connections you may have.  Let us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page here that you did so. OR you can just tag Emma in your post.  

Emma will randomly pick and announce all winners on Friday, May 18th during the blog hop @ 12:01 am PST in her video. GOOD LUCK!  Log onto your facebook now and let's start spreading the word!   ;)
******************************

Well my friends, that's it for Day 2 of Sneak Peek Week. Don't forget to head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  They are all so awesome, I know you won't want to miss it!  See you all back here tomorrow.  Have a great day!   :)

42 comments :

tina said...

Love your Disney inspired Father's Day card.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

melllisssa said...

What a fantastic idea to use the "Lion King". That is such a great movie about the relationship between a father and son. I can totally hear Simba reading your card out loud! Lol

Thanks so much for sharing!
misshoanggg (at) gmail.com

Kristi said...

I love it, the story and the frame! Great idea.
Kristi
kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

pruttybird said...

Awww ... Great memory of your dad! Love the card :)

pruttybird at comcast dot net

Kate said...

SUPER CUTE idea. I love the the Lion King and really looking at this card brings me at that moment with Simba jumping around. Awesome job on this.

Hugs,
Kate

Kat's Kreative Corner said...

Awwww, this is so sweet. I love the Lion King! Super cute card! Thanks for sharing..

Kat
kat.raymond@gmail.com

Glora said...

How AWESOME! Yes, he is going to love it!!!!! I love that scene too. I'm glad you love Disney too. My sister and I always used to think it would be a dream to dance in the parades at Disneyland. I think that is SO cool that your sister actually did it! How awesome! Hugs- Glora

jessica said...

What a GREAT card with an even better story to go along with it!! I love the CAS look of this card and the design is awesome!! Your dad will LOVE it!!
TFS
Jessica
eschfamily@yahoo.com
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

jessica said...

What a GREAT card with an even better story to go along with it!! I love the CAS look of this card and the design is awesome!! Your dad will LOVE it!!
TFS
Jessica
eschfamily@yahoo.com
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

hopefulcrafter said...

I love your card, I also love "The Lion King" movie, one of the best movies by Disney.

Christine said...

I TOTALLY get it! Love your card, and your dad will definitely crack up when he opens it. TFS
Hugs, --C

christinescreativecards@gmail.com
christinescreativecards.blogspot.com

Jovan said...

OMG...I LOVE this! I just watched the move two weeks ago...I love the Lion King! WONDERFUL idea!

Jeanne said...

I LOVE the Lion King!! We still watch it all the time and my kiddos are 12 and 10! I'm sure your dad will love his card! Great job!

snappy scrappy said...

This is so cute and so true...our family LOVES Disney too. Lee-Ann :)

Beth L said...

that is an incredible looking card!! absolutely love it!!!

beth l
toothlesschef at comcast dot net

tracym110 said...

LOL!! I understood this even before I read your post! We have been watching Lion King A LOT around here lately (my 4 year old is obsessed!) So fun! Im sure your Dad will love it!!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

cute card. TFS

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

How funny all the dad's you stamped.

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com
SewSweetNCrafty@gmail.com

VICTORIA said...

Great card Cassandra I love the Lion King!!!

luvtosew said...

Love your story about you and your Dad and the inspiration behind your card idea. Great story. You're so lucky to still have your Dad--I miss mine everyday. Thanks for sharing.

Creative M said...

Fabulous Card!!TFS
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very nice card, i love how personal it is for you and your dad!!
Kristan
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

CathyinMN said...

Thanks for the fun explanation of your card. I'm sure your Dad will love it.

marg0006 said...

Like the Disney idea. So crative and cute.

marg 0006 at verizon dot net

quilt4fun2 said...

This is a wonderful movie your Dad will love this for sure! We have a lot of Disney but mostly VHS...thinking I would like to upgrade them! Great job on the card and hope you are away from the fires!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy said...

WOW great Father's Day card!FANTASTIC job Cassandra,I LOVE IT!Have great day!!!:)

Cathryn said...

Very nice project Cassandra! Love and Hugs, cAthryn :)

Karen L said...

What a sweet card...I LOVE the Lion King and this was a great design idea!

missstamper said...

Thanks for sharing the story behind the card!

missstamper (at) yahoo.com

Creative Craft Corner said...

Wow...great project and great idea!!

Karey
www.creativecraftcorner.com

Sue D said...

Very funny--your dad will love it.

UnikeByYes said...

OMG Cassandra, this is too cool! I love the Lion King, awesome idea!!!
TFS
Have a wonderful day!
Liz

Donna and Sara said...

Perfect for Father's Day. love the simple image and color scheme. Great job. Thank you. teachermom5@gmail.com

Brenda said...

love it! one of my favorite Disney movies!!
thanks for sharing!
brwneyes46@gmail.com

Kim's Kreations said...

Thanks for sharing the story about the Lion King. That's why we do what we do. To preserve memories.
Ogdendoll@gmail.com

Deanne & Rebecca said...

Awe! I love this! Thank you for the inspiration!

Deanne

thebcrafters@gmail.com

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ I TOTALLY got your card and I just have to say ~ I LOVE IT! What a GREAT and AWESOME idea for your Dad! You ALWAYS amaze me and I just LOVE ready your posts!

Cindylop said...

LOVE IT!! The Lion King is my favorite movie!

Cindylop@rocketmail.com

Crafty Moni said...

Your card is so cute, and the story behind it is adorable. Your father will love it!:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

monita23 at ca dot rr dot com

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

OMG, Lion King is one of my All Time FAVORITE Disney movies. I have both VHS and DVD versions.(lol) Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

Gabriela Sandoval said...

Sweet card. I love the lion king.

Gabriela

gaby@hispaniclifestyle.com

Taylor said...

I sooo get your story and it's because of your story that makes the card YOU made for your Dad SOOO SPECIAL!! Your dad is going to LOOOVE it!! Btw, The Lion King-FABULOUS MOVIE...Hugz:) Taylor
DevinTaylorCreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...