Monday, May 14, 2012

My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Day 1 : May Release

Hello everyone!  Yay . . . it's that time of month again!  It's time for the My Creative Time ~ May Product Release!!!  For those of you who may be new to this, Emma with My Creative Time releases her newest stamps & dies during the 3rd week of the month.  But before the big reveal, Emma and the MCT ~ Design Team create some fabulous new projects to show you all the different things you can do with these super terrific new goodies.  And this month . . . I think you're gonna need to sit down for this one . . . because this release ROCKS!!! Are you ready???  Here we go . . .

For Day 1 of Sneak Peek Week, we are all showcasing a super funny new set called: What's Growing On?  Not only does this set have some silly sentiments, but it has four fun dies as well!  I am also using the brand new Tag Dies (a TOTAL MUST HAVE!!).

For all of you that have kids in college, you know that this is a tough time of year.  They're cramming for finals, getting ready to come home for the summer and typically have run out of money!  LOL  So I decided to make a fun little care package that could get any student through the last few weeks.  This one is for a girl, but it can easily be tailored for a boy by changing the colors and treats inside.


How fun is that?  I tried to get a few favorites in there, as well as some good old college standbys (like Ramen and Mac-n-Cheese.  Ahhhh what memories...lol).  You might be wondering why in the world there isn't any chocolate in there . . . well - I live in Arizona - and chocolate doesn't travel too well in 100 degree weather.   ;)


Ok, let's start with the funniest part.  My tag was made with the brand new My Creative Time ~ Tag Dies.  YOU ARE SOOOO GONNA WANT THESE!!  They are just perfect!  I actually cut the tag out twice - once with some chipboard and then again with this pretty pink paper which is from Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  I thought it would need to be a little sturdy with the cute pink razor attached to it. At the top of the tag is some pretty Celebrate It ~ Occasions Tull-eee.  Here's a closer shot so you can truly appreciate how funny this is:


The hilarious "Hope you're be-shaving yourself" is from the brand new My Creative Time ~ What's Growin' On? stamp set.    Underneath the sentiment is an EK-Success ~ Sticko happy face sticker.  Then all the way at the bottom of the tag: the "Love" is from the My Creative Time ~ Inspiring Words stamp set.  And the "Mom" is from the My Creative Time ~ Mom You Rock stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


Here's a shot of some of the goodies.  All the way in the back are some Mother's Circus Animal cookies...yum!!!  Then in front of that is some Ramen (you know - I have not eaten that since my very last day of college - 20 years ago!!!).  Of course there is some Kraft  Mac-n-Cheese (I could eat that all day long!!)  It's hard to see in this picture, but there is a little white shower puff in the center.  Then off to the right are some Goldfish crackers and a little mani/pedi tool set.  In the center is a little baggie filled with watermelon Jolly Ranchers.  Off to the left of that is some girlie shaving cream  And then my favorite part - a tube filled with quarters (you can never have enough quarters when doing your laundry in college!)  :)  The pretty little bow at the top of the quarters tube is made with Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations Ribbon.


For some extra love and support, I added these good luck wishes.  The label was cut with the My Creative Time ~ Curly Label Die.  The border is stamped with the border stamp in the My Creative Time ~ Inspiring Words Accents stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink. The sentiment I printed out from my computer.  The pretty pink ribbon around the basket is from Celebrate It ~ 360.


So what do you think?  Like I said earlier, I think it can be easily adapted into a more masculine version by maybe putting in some beef jerky, male shaving cream, or maybe one of those plug in air fresheners, because you know how bad their dorm room stinks!!!   P-U!!!   ;)   LOL   

******************************
This wouldn't be a party without GIVEAWAYS!  

With all of our SAMPLES/SNEAKS this week, Emma likes to do some FUN giveaways!  ***All you have to do is leave comments on our blogs.  You do NOT have to comment on every blog, BUT if you do, you will just have more chances to win!  

***SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON FACEBOOK about this release and whatever connections you may have.  Let us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page here that you did so.  Or you can just tag Emma in your post.  

Emma will randomly pick and announce all winners on Friday, May 18th during the blog hop at 12:01 am PST in her video. GOOD LUCK!  Log onto your facebook now and let's start spreading the word!   ;)
******************************

Well, that's it for Day 1 of Sneak Peek Week.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I just know you are going to love it!!!  See you all back here tomorrow.  Have a great day!!

50 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is super cute!! I love this idea!! the tag is too funny!!
Kristan

snappy scrappy said...

So funny...and a great idea! Lee-Ann :)

Kate said...

That is so sweet of you. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Enjoy your week.

Hugs,
Kate

jessica said...

What a great idea and fab gift!!! love the sentiment :)
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Scrappin with the bug said...

How fun. This is a great play on words and I like the basket. Great job.

Crafting Katie said...

Adorable!!! Love the tag with the razor - perfect sentiment!!!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ You have the BEST ideas! WOW! I LOVE how creative you are and thoughtful! You seem to cover everyone out there with your ideas! The tag is too CUTE and the razor ~ OMG ~ CLEVER! I cracked up about the chocolate! LOL! AWESOME job!

Glora said...

AWESOME way to use that sentiment! This gift basket is PERFECT and I love your version of a guy one too. Definitely need that air freshner ;). AMAZING job as always! Hugs- Glora

missstamper said...

Great gift!

Marie / Legojenta said...

Such a fun and fabulous care package! TFS =)

Lisa said...

LOL, that is a great idea. You are one creative lady. Can't imagine putting chocolate either. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog, I feel honored ;)

LindaV said...

Great gift basket. I love the sentiments and how all the colors come together!

Christine said...

Love this goodie basket. It's just perfect. --C

christinescreativecards@gmail.com
christinescreativecards.blogspot.com

Craft Me This said...

Glad I am able to leave a comment. Could not do it from Emma's page. Your link went to Amy's blog. Cute project

craftmethis@gmail.com

luvtosew said...

Love your basket idea and especially your tag. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job on your basket and humor :D I would love to get one of these!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

mamawcindy said...

So Cute! I Love that Sentiment on the Tag! Love It! Thanks for Sharing! :0)
cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com

VICTORIA said...

Cassandra what an awesome Idea!!!! Love the basket and all the goodies :)

Crafty Moni said...

What a great gift idea, I love it Cassandra!The sentiments are funny but cute and the goodies are right on the spot for college students. I'm going to have to barrow your idea, and give some friends and family one of these:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

monita23 at ca dot rr dot com

Kim's Kreations said...

Awesome idea. I like that it's adaptable for boy or girl. Emma's new release is perfect for Father's Day.
Ogdendoll@gmail.com

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Awesome project. Thanks for sharing

Kristi said...

So awesome! Yeah chocolate may not travel well, but she can use quarters in vending machine for chocolate, lol. Love the tag, because as a college student there are tons of times that I am not be-shaving with the studies, lol.
kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

Brenda said...

OMy!! I love this!! my son is going off to college in the fall and I can't wait to make one for him! great idea!!

thanks for sharing!!

brwneyes46@gmail.com

Jeanne said...

Well isn't this just a fabulous idea for a care package! I love everything about it! Even though it's missing the chocolate! :)

CathyinMN said...

Such a thoughtful and fun end of school year gift! The tag is pretty funny! TFS!

Amy C said...

Darling gift set!! Love the way you added a razor on the tag with this sentiment.

Dorcas said...

I wish someone would have done this for me when I was in college. Boy, did we eat Ramen noodles and peanut butter those days! Great idea.

Dorcas
dtroche@bellsouth.net

Crafty Pink Butterfly said...

What a cute basket. Too cute and it's pink too. YAY

marg0006 said...

What a fun idea. Emma's stamps are FUNtastic!

marg 0006 at verizon dot net

Beth's l said...

What a great idea''! Such a welcomed gift this time of year I love it!!!
Bethl
toothlesschef at comcast dot net

tina said...

Great tag and such a cute little finals care package!

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Alvina said...

such a good idea, thanks for sharing.

alvinadiaz@msn.com

scrapaholicjen said...

Love the gift basket - that sentiment is so funny! Great idea!
qtme2003 at yahoo dot ca

Sue D said...

Great goodie basket and love the funny tag.

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

This is such a cute idea!

Veronica
mommyscraftycreations.blogpsot.com
mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

UnikeByYes said...

What a fun idea Cassandra! You always come up with out of the box ideas, I love it!!! TFS
Have a great day!
Liz

melllisssa said...

I love the razor along with the sentiment. I'm literally LOL-ing over it because it's just that cute!

Thanks so much for sharing!
misshoanggg (at) gmail.com

Kat's Kreative Corner said...

Love the idea, you could even change it up for a baby shower as well. All kinds of ideas going on in my head now! Thanks for sharing..

Kat
kat.raymond@gmail.com

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

What a nice goody basket.

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com
SewSweetNCrafty@gmail.com

Cindy said...

This is so COOL!GREAT idea with the sentiment!:)

HappiExpressions-Carol said...

Great idea! I would love a basket of goodies like that.

Karen L said...

What a great way to use those tag dies! Anyone would LOVE this gift basket!

Creative Craft Corner said...

What a great idea!

Karey
www.creativecraftcorner.com

Donna and Sara said...

What a super cute idea. I know whoever receives this will be truly blessed! Great job and love the shape of the die. Thank you. teachermom5@gmail.com

Deanne & Rebecca said...

Super cute idea! I know quite a bit of people I could do this for! TFS!

Deanne

thebcrafters@gmail.com

Cindylop said...

I love this idea!

Cindylop@rocketmail.com

Creative M said...

Super Cute Idea!Love it!
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspto.com
Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

What a Special & Yummy basket of treats. Your tag and sentiment is perfect. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

Gabriela Sandoval said...

Neat gift idea.

Gabriela

gaby@hispaniclifestyle.com

Taylor said...

Loving the tag...so cute!! This makes such a FAB gift. Way to go!!
Hugz:) Taylor
DevinTaylorCreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...