Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Creative Time ~ 3-D Wednesday

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "3-D Wednesday" with My Creative Time. The goal is to challenge yourself by making a 3-D project...anything besides a card or layout.  And today is extra special ~ in honor of Emma's birthday tomorrow, the Design Team will be making "birthday themed" projects.

I can't wait to show you this . . . he is sooooo cute:


Just to give you an idea of size ~ he is about 12 inches tall.  Isn't he GREAT?!?!  I just love him!!! Not sure if I've ever mentioned this, but I used to collect clowns when I was little.  I know clowns freak out a lot of people, but I have always thought they were so colorful and fun.

The paper doll body and the whole clown outfit were all cut from the Paper Doll Dress Up ~ Cricut Cartridge.  I also cut him out a second time using chipboard to make the whole thing sturdier. The colorful striped paper is Rainbow Sherbet from Doodlebug Design.  All of the other polka dot papers are my favorite Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  And the solid color papers backing the balloons are from Recollections.


To create all of the balloons, I used the layering egg dies from the My Creative Time ~ Hello Spring stamp set.  I simply turned them upside down and added little tiny triangle pieces at the bottom.  Then on top of that, I added cute little bows made with different colored twine from The Twinery. It's hard to see, but in the center of each bow is a cute little star gem from my stash.  Also, in order to give the balloons some stability, I used some strong craft wire for the strings...that way they can stay up on their own.  


This silly little face is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Happy New Year Face Assortment.  I colored it in with some Prismacolor ~ Pencils and added a little chalk for some rosy cheeks.  It's hard to see, but to color in the little bubbles - I used a Sakura ~ Clear Star Gelly Roll Pen....it looks sparkly up close.  The best part . . . for the clown's hair - I used some fun orange ribbon and just crinkled it up and adhered it down with a hot glue gun.  Doesn't it look great???


In the center of the clown costume, I used some giant brads from my stash for the buttons.


I added a couple of little star gems to the big clown shoes.


For the fun birthday sign, I used the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die and the XL Label Borders stamp set.  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Polka Dot Surprise stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  I also added a few more star gems for a little extra sparkle.


So what do you think?  He would be a great centerpiece for a birthday party table, but I think I am going to keep him in my scrapbook room.  He totally makes me smile!!!

Well, that's it for today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  Have a great day my friends.  See you again tomorrow.



17 comments :

Crafting Katie said...

Too cute, Cassandra! Love what you did for his hair!!!

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is awesome!! I love the hair idea so creative!! Did you ever have one of those clowns that you wound up and it played music and kind of moved (i believe they were in a sitting position and their out fit was shiny and silk like)I had one for the longest time!
Kristan

Kate said...

So Cute definitely love the color! Love the addition of his hair the ribbon really looks awesome on it.

Hugs,
kate

Cathryn said...

Awesome Cassandra!! That hair is genius!!! Love and Hugs, cAthryn :)

Glora said...

How awesome! I love the ribbon hair and the wire for the balloons so that they will stay up. Everything looks perfect! AMAZING job! You are SO creative! Hugs- Glora

antdoda said...

This is so adorable!!!!!

Shar said...

HAA! This is adorable!!! I LOVE how you used the ribbon for his hair! Wow!!

Linsey said...

Shut the front door! This clown is off-the-charts fabulous!!! 12" really?! Omgosh, look at his hair--you are brilliant missy! This is one clown that everybody can love! My aunt collects clowns and has an entire room dedicated to her collection--I'll admit it used to freak me out a bit when I was a kid, but I would always go in there and look anyway hehe! I think your love for clowns may be where you first started gaining your incredible talent for color! You are like a big beautiful rainbow, brightening my day! :)

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

OMGosh Cassandra!

Your clown is ADORABLE!!!! I love the colors, his face, and his huge brads/buttons! My most favorite part is his har! He's so much fun!

Ruthie :)

Cindy said...

Oh WOW your little Clown is just TOO CUTE!Great job with it,LOVE the hair and face!Have a great day Cassandra!:)

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

This Certainly Makes me Smile my friend. Brilliantly Creative Girl. This is too Ahh-Dorable! Love It! Smooches... Felicia

quilt4fun2 said...

Sweet clown...I love the hair and Peachy face too! Great job.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Crafty Moni said...

Super cute! What a fun little clown, you cant help but smile when you see it. Thank you for sharing, I am going to have to try to use this little clown:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

Nancy said...

This is super cute!! I forget that I have that cart but I would never have thought of making a clown! The balloons cut from the egg die is such a cleaver idea! Love it all!

hugs

Nancy

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Okay this is just the most ADORABLE card! Every single detail is just AMAZING! I LOVE the hair, the brads, the colors and the fact you picked the CUTEST clown ever! The face is so stinking CUTE too! AWESOME job!

Christine said...

I just love how you used the ribbon for the clowns hair...fantastic!!!!

--C

Lisa said...

This has got to be the cutest clown ever, love the hair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...