Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Creative Time ~ 3-D Wednesday

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "3-D Wednesday" with My Creative Time.  The goal is to challenge yourself by making a 3-D project . . . anything besides a card or layout.  With Mother's Day just around the corner, the Design Team is focusing on making some extra special projects for our extra special mothers.   :)

Every year, my mother loves to receive a beautiful Mother's Day corsage.  This year, I decided to give her a handmade creation:


This was really hard to photograph, so I hope you can get a good idea of what I did.  All of the papers for the flowers are from the Creative Imaginations ~ Beach Cottage 6x6 paper pad.  To make all of the pretty flowers, I used the brand new My Creative Time ~ Rolled Flower Dies.  I still need to practice a little to make my flowers a little better looking, but these are absolutely the easiest things to make!!!


I attached all of the flowers with a hot glue gun for a really strong and secure attachment.  In the center of all the flowers are varying sizes of Recollections ~ pearl gems.


On each side of the bouquet, I attached pretty little bows made with Celebrate It ~ Holiday Ribbon.


For the band, I bought some simple elastic from Joann's and sewed the ends together.  I totally don't sew at all, but I did it quickly by hand and I think I made it pretty secure.  Then I wrapped it with green Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations Ribbon.  I glued it down with some Zip Dry Glue for a good strong hold.


And voila!  There you have it . . . a pretty hand made Mother's Day corsage.  It didn't turn out exactly like I envisioned it, but I think it's really pretty!

Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  There are some amazing ideas for your inspiration!!!  Happy crafting my friends.  I will see you back here tomorrow.

16 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

WOW this is gorgeous!! i love the colurs and the pearls in the centres!!
Kristan

Crafting Katie said...

Your corsage is GORGEOUS, Cassandra! The flowers are so pretty, and those pearls look perfect in the center! Really creative!

Cindy said...

Your Mom will love this!! I love the colors you've choose and the pearls!! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Kate said...

Absolutely Gorgeous. Love how it turned out and your mom is going to LOVE IT.

hugs,
Kate

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OH my goodness! This turned out just GORGEOUS! We used to get corsages for Easter but i am LOVING the idea for Mother's Day! You and Amy seriously brought back soem wonderful memories of my childhood making these FABULOUS creations! I am SOOOOOO impressed you hand sewed the wrist band too! LVOE it!

Shar said...

OH Cassandra, she is going to cherish this beautiful handmade corsage!! What a lovely gift. You did awesome!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

cassandra, your bouquet is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Glora said...

WOW girl talk about AMAZING! I would have never thought to make a corsage out of these flowers. It is BEAUTIFUL! And I love that she will be able to keep it for a long time. It looks so professional too. I love the ribbons, pearls and bows. Everything came out just RIGHT! Hugs- Glora

Nancy said...

This is so beautiful Cassandra! I am sure your mom will cherish it for a long time. You did an awesome job! Hugs!

Nancy

Cathryn said...

Oh Cassandra your mother will LOVE this! It is gorgeous!!!! Hugs, Cathryn :)

Cindy said...

OH my goodness Cassandra,This is such a great project and idea!I LOVE IT,It is soooo BEAUTIFUL with all those sweet flowers!Have a great day!!!:)

quilt4fun2 said...

A wrist corsage is a perfect idea...the pearls are so pretty too! Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

tracym110 said...

Wow!! This is so beautiful!! Im sure your mother will love it!! Great job on those flowers!
Tracy M

Jeanne said...

This corsage is just fabulous! She will totally love it, especially since it is all handmade! Great job!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Wow now these are so cute and how could help the beautiful pearls. TFS AJ!

Crafty Moni said...

Gorgeous! What an awesome project, thanks for sharing:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...