Thursday, May 3, 2012

Favorite Stamp of the Month with My Creative Time

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Favorite Stamp of the Month" with My Creative Time!  This month there are two featured stamp sets:  Just A Little Note To Say... & My Favorite Sayings.  In case you haven't seen them yet, here is a little preview:



They will both be on sale for a limited time only, so jump on over to the My Creative Time store and  check them out.

Let's start with the Just A Little Note To Say... stamp set. You probably might have noticed that the card I showed you yesterday was made with this first stamp set, but I thought I would show you another one too.


Isn't it just yummy???  All of the colored pieces of cardstock are from Recollections.  The fun striped patterned paper in the background is called Rainbow Sherbet from Doodlebug Design.  It goes perfectly with the Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints that I used for all of the scalloped shapes.  The "Sweet Thoughts of you today" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Just A Little Note To Say... stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


I used the My Creative Time ~ Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies for these little cuties.  I used the sweet lollipop stamp from the My Creative Time ~ Classmate Valentines stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  I colored them in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  It's hard to tell, but I used a darker color in the center and then went lighter and lighter outwardly through the swirl.  Does that make sense?


For one little final touch of bling, I added these pretty little flower gems that I got at a recent scrapbook convention.  I don't remember the maker...sorry...I already threw away all the packaging and put them in a fun little organizer (lol...my OCD is showing).  For the bottom border of the black background piece, I used an EK Success ~ Scalloped Scallop Border Punch.

Now here is a second card for today using the My Favorite Sayings stamp set:


Have you ever had one of those days when you just need a little 'pick me up'?  I think we all have at one time or another and it's nice to have a quick card on hand to send out to a friend or loved one to brighten their day a little.  This card was super simple to make.  The black card base is from Recollections.  The white strips of cardstock are from the Georgia Pacific cardstock you can get at Walmart.  


All I did to make this card is cut thin little strips of white cardstock.  Then I took this wonderful "I believe in you!" sentiment from the My Creative Time ~ My Favorite Sayings stamp set and stamped it repeatedly with my favorite rainbow colors.  Super simple!!!  All of the inks are from Technique Tuesday.


Next, I added this pretty little bow made with Celebrate It ~ 360 Ribbon.  In the center is a Making Memories ~ brad. Simple and cheerful!  I just love it.  :)



Well, that's it for me today.  Hope you enjoyed both of my cards.  Don't forget to head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  Also, Emma is having a "Link Up Party" so if you have either one of these stamp sets already, link up one of your projects.  We would love to see what you are all creating!!

Have a great day everyone!  I will see you all soon...

12 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

WOW these are so cool!! I love the second one, very cool design!! The first one is so fun and cheerful!!
Kristan

snappy scrappy said...

So beautiful. I love the sparkle in the first one. In the second, the background you made stamping is too fab!!Lee-Ann :)

shelly said...

OMGosh your cards are amazing! You always have such bright and happy projects- I just love them.
Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ I have to say your cards are the most CEERFUL and Happy cards! I think you are onto something with the colors of the rainbow! LOVE the circle one and the "Pick Me Up" card ~ CLEVER! I LOVe this idea! As always ADORE your creations!

LindaV said...

I love your cards my friend. I just got that rainbow ribbon myself and thought of you when I did!! I love what you did with it.

DebC said...

They are all beautiful. I really love the blinged out circles! That is great! Thanks for sharing.
Deb C
bugjuiced.blogspot.com

Glora said...

These are AWESOME. I just love the colorful little flower rhinestones around each circle in the first one. It is SUPER sweet! And the second one is a perfect pick me up. The colors are so cheerful and totally cut and lined up perfectly! And of course that beautiful ribbon just ties it all together! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Kate said...

These are Gorgeous. Love all those colors especially that ribbon on the 2nd card.

Hugs,
Kate

quilt4fun2 said...

That rainbow sheer ribbon is perfect...I will have to look for that one. I love your rainbow cards. All the colors just make me happy!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

missstamper said...

Bright and beautiful! Love them both!

Michele Green said...

I love that believe in you card! Wow!

joanieg said...

Cassandra, your creations are absolutely beautiful!! Wow how often I could have used your second card in the past few years as I was having multiple back surgeries. You are blessed with a true talent and I Thank You for sharing and inspiring us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...