Thursday, May 10, 2012

EMMA'S SURPRISE BIRTHDAY BLOG HOP !!

Hello everyone!  I know you are expecting the My Creative Time ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge and we are still doing that.  But, today is an extra special day because we are having a SURPRISE BIRTHDAY BLOG HOP for the wonderful MISS EMMA!   So technically this is two posts in one.   ;)

If you haven't already, make sure you hop on over to My Creative Time and join us in leaving Emma some Happy Birthday love!!!  :)  We want to let her know just how much we appreciate her and all she does for us!!

Now, if you arrived here from the talented Miss Amy's blog, then you are in the right place.  If not, make sure you start at the beginning with Miss Micia because you don't want to miss a thing.

For Throwback Thursday & in honor of Emma's birthday ~ the challenge is to use your Cricut and any cartridge that has a CAKE, or BALLOONS, or a PARTY HAT.  Sounds like fun don't you think?  Here is my Happy Birthday to Emma & Throwback Thursday creation:


Who doesn't love Hello Kitty???  Isn't she just the cutest?!?  The super cute Hello Kitty and all of her balloons were cut from the Hello Kitty Greetings ~ Cricut Cartridge.  The black card base is from Recollections.  The grey background cardstock is also from Recollections.  If you look closely, you can see that I embossed the top half of the background piece with the D'vine Swirls ~ Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.

Now if you are a Cuttlebug lover like me...then I bet you too are waiting for Provo Craft to make a larger version of the Cuttlebug...(like 12x12!!!!)...LOL.  But for now, it's still small.  So because I wasn't able to emboss the whole background piece, I got a little creative and added the pretty little red flower gems along the dividing line.  That way it almost looks like I only embossed part of it on purpose!  Tricky huh?!


The fun patterned paper for all the balloons is of course my favorite Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  In case I have never mentioned it before, the polka dots is one side and the grid pattern is the other side and then the flowers are one side and the stripes are the other side.  Both of these papers come in all different colors and are my absolute favorite!!!  The solid red paper is from Recollections.  For a little extra dimension, I added some pop dots behind all the balloons and Hello Kitty herself.


The white cardstock for Hello Kitty is Georgia Pacific cardstock that you can get at Walmart for super cheap!  Her little outfit is made with the same paper as the balloons.  For a pretty little touch, I always add a real bow instead of the bow that goes with the cut-out.  This bow is made with Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations Ribbon.  And the perfect "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Polka Dot Surprise stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


Isn't she cute?  I was tempted to make a whole bunch more in all the different colors...lol.  I'll have to do that another time.  :)

Ok . . . now for the good stuff.  Don't forget that this is a Throwback Thursday Challenge!  The challenge is to use your Cricut and a cartridge with a cake, or balloons, or a party hat.  You will have two weeks to link up your project over at My Creative Time.  And you will definitely want to participate this time, because in honor of Emma's birthday . . . she is giving away a CUTTLEBUG to one lucky winner!!!  So get crafting and join in on the fun!!!

Ok . . . good stuff - part two.  :)  To help us celebrate Emma's birthday ~ let's have some BLOG HOP fun!!!  The entire blog hop lineup is listed below.  But first, what blog hop would be complete without some prizes???  The fabulous Miss Katie is donating some AWESOME My Creative Time goodies.  The grand prize winner will receive the following MCT products: Game Night, Slam Dunk, Sports Sentiments, Classy & Fabulous, and the Stitched Lollipop Holder Die!!  I know...right?!?!  I told you they were AWESOME!!!  All you have to do is leave a comment on each blog in the hop.  Then each Design Team Member will randomly pick one winner from their blog to be entered into the final drawing.  The grand prize winner will be announced on Monday over at My Creative Time.

So let's get hopping!!  Your next stop in the hop is the talented Cathryn.  And in case you get lost along the way, here is the entire lineup:

Cassandra (that's me!)

Happy Hopping my creative friends!  And a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!  Thank you so very much for all you do. It is a pleasure and an honor to be on your Design Team.  :)  I hope you have a wonderfully special day!!!!

66 comments :

My Creative Time said...

OMG!!!! tHanK YOU THANK YOU SOOO VERY MUCH!!! You are ALL the BEST TEAM EVER!!! I am so surprised AND you KNOW I LOVEY your Hello Kitty card!!! EXCELLENT job!!!
Big HUGE hugs & lots of L-O-V-E~!
Emma;)

Jen said...

Love the bow!! Your card is really cute.

kissmyjen at gmail.com

justcreativeme.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

Hi Cassandra!
Yes, I ADORE Hello Kitty :) I've collected many HK memorabilia since I was a little girl. Your card is so SUPER CUTE....LOVE IT! Great trick with the embossing too...thanks for the tip. I've heard of another way to emboss a larger paper. After embossing the first section, remove the folder and then place it right next to the image....try to get it as close as possible so that the space between isn't so definite. I haven't tried it myself yet, but Ive seen other crafters do it. Anyway, thank you for sharing your AMAZING HK card!

Suzanne
suzwatanabe@yahoo.com

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is so pretty!! i love the half emboss super cute!! The bow in hello kitty's hair is so sweet!! great job
Kristan

snappy scrappy said...

Sooo cute...gotta love Hello Kitty!
Lee-Ann :)

jessica said...

What a super adorable card!!! Love all the embossing and love the Hello Kitty cut!! Awesome birthday card!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Houses Built of Cards said...

What an ADORABLE card!!! LOVe the colors - and your embossing!!! So cute!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Kate said...

This is so CUTE!!!! Love the colors and the cute little bow on Hello Kitty.

Hugs,
kate

Crafting Katie said...

What a SWEET card! I love the color scheme you used!

Crafting Katie said...

What a SWEET card! I love the color scheme you used!

Glora said...

This is SO adorable! Hello Kitty is SO cute especially with her cute little bow you added. I LOVE it! Hugs- Glora

DonnaMundinger said...

Super cute! Hello Kitty is my fave and I love your colors scheme. xxD

liz at liz's paper loft said...

oh she is sooo cute!

Miranda said...

Super Cute! And you are right, everyone loves Hello Kitty! Great job!
Miranda :)
miranda at nanasscrapspot dot com
www.nanasscrapspot.com

Kristi said...

I can see this in different colors, it is gonna be great.
Kristi
kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

Kelly said...

Super cute Hello Kitty card! I love the bow!
bloss4@sbcglobal.net

missstamper said...

Happy Birthday to Emma! What could be better than a HK card!

missstamper (at) yahoo.com

Candy said...

Love your Hello Kitty card! That bow is adorable.
candyyoung826 at msn dot com

LindaV said...

Can't go wrong with the fun loving Hello Kitty! Another great card! So you and so cute!

Scrappin Dhilly said...

Your card is so much fun, I just love Hello Kitty. I really like how you used the different pattern papers for you gallons and the Hello Kitty outfit. Thanks for the great tip on the embossing, it looks great, I too am waiting for a 12x12 Cuttlebug, that would be so awesome!

Micia said...

THIS IS SO SO CA UUUUTE!! I love the colors of the balloons and the HK is to adorable! I wish I had that cart... :)
You did an awesome JOB

Micia

Yvonne said...

Super cute Hello Kitty Card!
~Yvonne

Maureen Reiss said...

AWWWW!! Super sweet card!! I love the texture it has!!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh how ADORABLE! I just LOVE Hello Kitty and Emma does too! I just LOVE the embossing and the colors pf your balloons! How cute is that bow too! I so wished I got those cartridges because your card is so stinking CUTE!

Diana said...

I "heart" Hello Kitty. It's actually a cartridge I have and I can case this one.

Thank you!

Happy Birthday to Emma

dianaherrera at comcast dot net

Brenda said...

Your Birthday Hello Kitty Card For Emma Is Super Adorable!! She Is Going To Love It!!

Carol said...

Super super cute card - love this cartridge! TFS

MeMe said...

I just love Hello Kitty. Very cute
Pat
plweir1969@yahoo.com

Anne said...

Love your card Cassandra. Hello Kitty is just so cute. Love the bow in her hair.

Anne :)
anmatt1@aol.com

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

She is super sweet. And that bow.... makes the card. TFS

Cindy said...

OH WOW your card is sooo ADORABLE with that sweet little Hello Kitty!TOO CUTE,LOVE IT!Have a great day Cassandra!!!:)

Lisa Rea said...

Love it! I'm a proud MCT customer and happy that y'all are doing this for Emma! Go girl!


Lisa - Scrappy Distracitons
www.ScrappyDistractions.blogspot.com
lisa dot rea at kbmg dot com

Brenda said...

this Hello Kitty card is so adorable! you did an awesome job! and great crafty idea to put the red bling where the embossing stopped! love it!

thanks for sharing!!
brwneyes46@gmail.com

debz said...

Love Hello Kitty very nice card!





debz831 at hotmail dot com

Cynthia said...

I LOVE this! I am normally not a big Hello Kitty fan, but this is so sweet! I love the classic colors you used. I would have assumed you only embossed the top part on purpose if you hadn't told us! I was trying to figure out how you did that. :) Great idea using the little jewels. Fabulous job!
www.scrapsandscarves.blogspot.com

CathyinMN said...

Cute birthday card! I like the row of bling you used for the dividing line -- good thinking. Happy Birthday to Emma! TFS and thanks for the chance to win!
tcsobotka at charter dot net

Sue D said...

Very cute card--love the balloons and the bow on Kitty.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

DandyDo said...

Love Miss Kitty!!!

Madge said...

Cassandra,
What a cute card. And you are right who doesn't love Hello Kitty??? She is always a win to make someone smile. I will tell you like i told the others WOW what an amazing thing you are doing for Emma! You guys are great.
{love love}
Scrappin Madge
scrappinmadge.blogpsot.com
P.S. I would love me some cuttlebug in 12x12 too:) hee hee

Melissa said...

Pretty card, love the colors you used,everything looks great!

tina said...

Gorgeous card. Just perfect!

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Lady Fair said...

Your card is adorable,Kitty really pops on the gray background. And I must have that ribbon!

lflinesatcomcastdotnet

marg0006 said...

Your Hello Kitty card turned out so, so cute. I love the bow and embosing on only part of the card. The blend of colors is great.

marg0006@verizon.net

Shelly said...

Cassandra, this is so VERY CUTE!!! Love her hair bow and what great colors!
Such a FUN hop for such a very special person!
Hope you have a SUPER night!
Shelly

quilt4fun2 said...

That is great pattern paper! I thought you meant to emboss part of your card...it looks wonderful that way. I also love Hello Kitty...right up there with Peachy faces in my mind :D Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

shelly said...

Cassandra,
I Love your card! Your creations are always such a joy to see and they bring a smile to my face. Keep up the great work!
shellyholsinger@yahoo.com

CA Scrapper said...

That is the cutest card!!! Love Hello Kitty!

Leslie
cascrapper at gmail dot com

antdoda said...

You guys are awesome!!! Your card is just to cute!! I love your doodlebug paper I can't find any!!

Christine said...

Yes, I love Hello Kitty and your card is so darn cute. She's like one of those comfort foods from your childhood...mac 'n cheese comes to mind :-)
--C
christinescreativecards@gmail.com
christinescreativecards.blogspot.com

Rosie said...

omg i love hello kitty! this card is sooooo cute. love the way you put a bow


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Love your card. Hello Kitty always makes things special.
stuff at gt dot rr dot com

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

What a sweet card,Cassandra!! I love her bow and the little flowers!! Cute card!! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Lisa said...

WOW, what a beautiful card, Hello Kitty is so adorable, love that bow.

rlovew said...

Awesome card- I adore the bow you put on Hello Kitty- I need to get some of that ribbon to use for when I use that cart.

Jessica said...

Cassandra: I love Kitty. This card is amazing. The color are beautiful. Thanks for share. Jessica

Caitlin Clark said...

Awesome card! I love all the different patterns on the balloons, and that bow is fabulous.

TFS!

caitlin.oday@gmail.com

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

So adorable. I love Hello Kitty. The bow you added is super cute.

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty@gmail.com
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

LadybugCarrie said...

Love your Hello Kitty card! And the balloons are a great touch! Thanks for sharing! :-)

jordanbev5 said...

You card is perfect to celebrate Emma's birthday because it is so adorable!! Love all your extra touches!
Beverly
jordanbev5@yahoo.com

beth l said...

Very cute card!!! Hello Kitty is all the rage right now!!!
thanks for the great prizes
Beth l
Toothlesschef at comcast dot net

recollectionalley said...

Such a cute card!!Love Hello Kitty!

Janea

Marianne said...

What great inspiration for the cards i need to make shortly! Thank you!

Scrappin with the bug said...

Great job on the HK card. It's adorable. I love the different ballons. Those are perfect and I know Miss Emma would love that...

Jeanne said...

Wow Cassandra! I just love this HK and her balloons! Perfect for Miss Emma's surprise! Great job!

UnikeByYes said...

What a darling card Cassandra! Love it TFS
Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...