Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #14

Hello everyone!  It's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #14 : Color Inspiration.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Today we are playing with COLOR!  DoBea chose our color inspiration photo today and it will definitely get you thinking "out of the box"!  Design must be new and created for this challenge.  Must also include Peachy Keen Stamps to win.

Here is the color inspiration photo:


I have a feeling that the "out of the box" comment was meant as a hint to encourage a project other than a card or layout, but I was out of town all weekend and didn't have enough time to create the 3-D item I had in mind.  So here is my card instead:


The minute I saw the color scheme, I knew that I had the PERFECT paper to match.  The pattern paper I chose is from the Imaginisce ~ Berrylicious Collection.  The striped paper for the background and what looks like polka dot paper for the flowers are actually the same sheet - just two different sides. The yellow pattern paper for the flower centers is from the Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints Collection.  All of the other solid color papers are from Papertrey Ink.


These super cute flowers are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Cottage Cutz : Funny Flowers stamp/die set.  This terrific set includes the flower/flower center/leaves die, as well as the flower faces stamps.  In order to give the flowers a little more dimension, I snipped the connection between each of the petals and then curled them each upward.  I also added some pop dots behind the flower centers.  I inked around the edges of each petal and the flower centers with brown ~ Color Box Ink.  I also did some stitching around the flower centers, to help them stand out just a little more, with a brown ~ Zig Writer Pen.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen for the eyes, Prismacolor ~ Pencils for the the nose and mouth, and I added a little chalk for the cheeks.  


In the upper left corner and the bottom right corner of the card, I used the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ April 2012 SOTM Kit.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  I also added a little gem with my Imaginisce ~ I-Rock tool.


If you look closely, you can also see that I did some chalking on the leaves to highlight the edges and inside veins.


Well, that's it for me today.  I made this cute card for a friend of mine's birthday that is coming up.  I wonder if she knows who she is.......Hmmmmmmmm.   ;)

Don't forget to head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog to see what their AWESOME Design Team has created, as well as all the other challenge entries.  Have a great day my friends.  I will see you all back here tomorrow with the winners of the My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Week, as well as a new project for 3-D Wednesday.  

15 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Super cute!! i love the PK faces. i am going to have to try and snip the flowers like this!! thanks for the inspiration
Kristan

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

This is so cute Cassandra & I really love the colors!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh how flipping ADORABLE is your card! I just LOVE the papers, the faces and the details! You use one of my ALL time FAVORITE dies from PKS ever! AWESOME job!

Cindy said...

Hi Cassandra,Your card is sooo ADORABLE!I lOVE those sweet little flowers and faces,BEAUTIFUL job girl as always!Have a great day!:)

Kate said...

This is so CUTE! Love the flowers and their little faces.

Hugs,
Kate

Christine said...

Super cute! TFS --C

P.s. just rec'd my new toys from MCT. :-)

Scrappin with the bug said...

Super duper adorable. I love the cute little faces. What a great card.

Glora said...

WOW, what a super cute card. I love the papers you chose. They are a perfect match for the color challenge! Hugs- Glora

VICTORIA said...

Beautiful card Cassandra :)

Michelle said...

this is super cute ! love how you curved the petals (or you inked it to look that way LOL) awesome job on the leaves too !!! Thanks so ,much for linking up with us at Peachy Keen this week !!!!

Michelle-DT
www.scrappinwithmybug.com

LindaV said...

Great card!! I love the faces!

Melissa said...

Sweet flowers, love the 3-d effect.

missstamper said...

Sweet!

Cindy :) said...

super cute card Cassandra, love those flowers and faces, whoever receives this will be delighted, so adorable gl :) hugs

Jennie Garcia said...

I LOVE that!! Is too adorable!!
Thanks For Playing with us @ PKS!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...