Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Day 3 : April Release

Hello everyone!  Are you loving this release so far???  Today is the My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Week : Day 3.  And the Design Team will all be showcasing the brand new stamp set called "Floral Sentiments" AND the "Rolled Flower Dies".  Just wait until you see these!!!  You are gonna LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!  There are actually 2 different Rolled Flowers (both in one die).  And for the sentiments, there are actually 9 different sentiments.  For my project today - I am using the "Happy Birthday" sentiment.  


Isn't this such a fun batch of Happy Birthday treats?  I just love how they all turned out!  I think my favorite are the fun little cupcakes.  :)


The fun striped paper is from the Doodlebug Design ~ Rainbow Sherbet collection.  I cut the holders using the Cupcake Wrappers ~ Cricut Lite cartridge.  I actually cut them out twice - once in a larger size and then the inside white one is a slightly smaller size.  You don't really need to do this, but I kinda liked the layered look so I used both.  Inside both cupcake holders is some fun Celebrate It ~ Occasions "Tull-eeeee" as Emma would say.   ;)  


At the top are the super fun flowers that are made using the soon to be released Rolled Flower Dies.  The papers for both flowers are from Recollections.  You can't really tell in these pictures, but I inked the tips of all the petals with Quick Quotes ~ Pink Cheeks Powder Puff Ink for the pink flower and Quick Quotes ~ Blue Hawaiin Powder Puff Ink for the blue flower.  If you look closely, you can see that I actually used both of the flowers.  The inside flower is actually the one that looks like a rose.  And then I also added the other flower at the bottom by loosening up the tightness of the rolled flower and setting the smaller flower in the center.  I hope that makes sense.  And for the birthday fun - I added little white candles to the center of the flowers.


This fun little treat package is actually a little pillow box container.  There are several Cricut cartridges that have a pillow box cut on them, however - I have to admit this is a quick and easy pre-made one that I bought in a package at Michaels in the wedding section.  ;)  

To decorate it, I started by adding a pretty orange ribbon from my stash and tying a knot at one end.  Then I made one of the pretty little flowers using the Rolled Flower Dies and some purple Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints polka dot paper.  I attached that to the center of the knot in the ribbon.  **Tip - I find it best to use a hot glue gun for a really secure attachment. 

Next, I simply added a strip of green Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints polka dot paper with the "Happy Birthday" sentiment stamped on it a few times.  **Note - it's a lot easier to stamp the sentiment onto the paper before you attach it to the pillow box (don't laugh...I was having one of those days where you would just swear someone sucked out your brain while you were sleeping...lol).


Last, but not least ~ how about a simple little party favor.  This seriously only took just a few minutes to make, so they would be very easy to reproduce.  I started with a simple little plastic tube which you can find at many craft stores now.  I filled it with some fun colored candy Skittles...yummy!  Then I used the "Happy Birthday" sentiment again and stamped that with black ~ Ranger Archival Ink on some simple white cardstock. I inked the edges with orange ~ Technique Tuesday Ink.  And then tied it on with some fun ribbon from my stash.  I topped that off by making another quick flower with the new Rolled Flower Die and adhered that to the center of the knot.  Voila! Super quick and easy!  And if you have never made a flower like this - don't worry!  It's super easy.  If you have any problems, just watch Emma's video and you will have it down in no time.


That's it for my Happy Birthday goodies.  I hope they gave you some good ideas for your next party!  :)

******************************
SNEAK PEEK GIVEAWAY TIME!!

With all of our Sneak Peek Weeks, Emma likes to do some FUN giveaways!  ***All you have to do is leave comments on our blogs!  You do NOT have to comment on every blog, BUT if you do, you will just have more chances to win!  

***SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON FACEBOOK about this release & whatever connections you may have!  Let us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page here that you did so OR you can just tag Emma in your post.  

Emma will randomly pick & announce all winners on Thursday, April 19th during the Stamp Release Blog Hop happening at 12:01 am PST in her video.  GOOD LUCK!  Log onto your facebook now and let's start spreading the word.   ;)
******************************

Well my creative friends, that's it for April's Sneak Peeks.  The big reveal is tomorrow - Thursday, April 19th at 12:01 am PST over at Emma's blog.  Make sure you head on over there to My Creative Time now to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And I will see you all back here tomorrow for the super fun Blog Hop!  (pssst.....we have giveaways!!!) Have a great day everyone!

54 comments :

tina said...

Cassandra, Everything is so beautiful!
You've got the whole birthday party going on and done so wonderfully.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

jessica said...

What an awesome bunch of projects!!! I am so excited to see this release and these dies in full!! Fab job with today's sneak :)
Thanks for sharing!!

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

so pretty and creative!! i love how you used the flowers on the cupcake with the candle!!
Kristan

Cindy said...

WOW,Cassandra...WOW! I love how you used the flowers with the candles! Awesome idea! Beautiful projects! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Wonderful Job on your projects! I love the double layered you add to you cupcake. And the flower candle holder is so cute! TFS AJ!

pruttybird said...

Love all the goodies you made ... Great projects :)

pruttybird at comcast dot net

VICTORIA said...

Cassandra i love your fake cupcakes they are awesome. Great projects all of them. :)

Brenda said...

OHGoodness, this whole little set is adorable!! I love the cupcakes, how cute they are!! Never would have thought to layer the cupcake holders, but love how they look together!! The rolled rose is too cute with the candle!! I love the pillow boxes, and of course I am just in love with these rolled flowers!! lol The candy tube is a perfect little favor! The rolled rose is just the perfect accent on it! Awesome job!!
bsl60 at embarqmail dot com

Short Scrapper said...

I'm with you . . . the cupcakes are definitely my fav! Great job!

Josie0602 said...

Love this birthday set! Those cupcakes are so pretty!!

Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous presentation. Love everything. Anyone would love to get those goodies for their birthday.

snappy scrappy said...

Wonderful idea. Love how you have the flowers as candle holders on the cupcakes...so pretty! Lee-Ann :)

Crafting Katie said...

OMG, these are just too cute, Cassandra! You are so clever!

joni said...

Cassandra, you have the most creative ideas!!! I love the flowers with the candles...genius!!!! They are gorgeous as is all the other projects....love them!!! Thank you so much for all the great sneak peeks this week...fab!!!!
hugs,
joni

lindagk23 said...

Cassandra your projects are gorgeous! I love the new flower dies and I love the font on the Happy Birthday! Awesome job! TFS! have an awesome day!
lindagk23ataoldotcom

Kat's Kreative Corner said...

Hello Cassandra! These are fabulous and I love the doubling up on the flowers. Loving the big Happy Birthday sentiment too. I'm so excited, the big reveal is finally here. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas.

Kat
kat.raymond@gmail.com

Carol said...

Very creative Cassandra! Love this idea and super cute too! TFS

Kate said...

These are just so FAB! Looks amazing Cassandra.

Hugs,
Kate

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ After cleaning my desk up from my coffee spitting out after reading your post ~ Your projects are just incredible! I love the idea of the flowers being a candle holder. Brilliant idea! There are so many wonderful ideas here that I so need to lift! Awesome job!

Kelly said...

Love your projects! Super cute cupcakes!
bloss4@sbcglobal.net

Niki said...

Your projects are just soooooo cute!! Love them!! The cupcake are just perfect!

Niki
billniki@gmail.com

Christine said...

I can't wait to see the flower die...OMG the 19th can't get here fast enough LOL love the cupcakes super cute. TFS
--C

Glora said...

WOWZERS what an awesome birthday set!!!! I love how you made a bigger flower by using both dies on the cupcakes and everything is just SO beautiful and AMAZING! You ROCK!!!! Hugs- Glora

Terrance Doxie said...

Wow! You went all out Ms. Cassandra!! Awesome job!

Jeanne said...

These are absolutely perfect!! Love that skittles treat holder! Great job!

Sue D said...

Very cute--I like the papers you used.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Debbie said...

Love all of your goodies, they are all so cute! I love the flower die, adorable! TFS.

Debbie B
debbiebutcher at comcast dot net

ehbost said...

Inventive use of Emma's new release. Loving the party themed products you've created.

Momof4inArlington said...

What a fun batch of goodies! Such a funny comment about stamping before you make the pillow box...I'm laughing WITH you! I thought the tulle was a bath puff, which would add another gift. I wouldn't have known that you used both flower dies, but the combination is genius!

Anne said...

Love all your projects. Everything looks so beautiful. Love the Happy Birthday font.

Anne :)
anmatt1@aol.com
http://createacardbyanne.blogspot.
com

Amy C said...

What a beautiful birthday set!! Loving the fun and bright colors......so fun!!

Froggie said...

The cupcakes are too cute. Love how you used the flower for the center.

Cindylop said...

Everything is so pretty! Great job!

Cindylop@rocketmail.com

Crafty Pink Butterfly said...

Love how you used the flowers on the cupcake. Will definitely have to try that.

Alvina said...

Cassandra everything looks very beautiful and colorful, thanks for sharing.

alvinascreations.blogspot.com

Mimi said...

Cassandra, I love this cupcake. How clever! I have used rolled up socks, but I love this "scratchy". Sometimes I can find the little ones at my $1 store for several in a bag! They are my choice. Awesome job, but then I love everything you do!

I can't wait for tomorrow.

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

Deanne & Rebecca said...

These are so darling! I'm going to have to try this for my daughters bday party!
Rebecca
rbaq12@yahoo.com

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

Wow, Cassandra..these are Awesome! Love the cupcakes with the flowers, such a great idea!
Puppy Hugs,
Wendy

Shelly said...

What great projects! So FUN!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the font of the new stamps - AWESOME!
Shelly
http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/
smedina24@att.net

Danielle Lee said...

Absolutely beautiful. Would really spruce up any birthday party. Very creative. Thanks!

Nancy said...

WOW Cassandra!!! What a showcase! Great ideas for a party! Thanks for sharing them! big hugs

Nancy

Nickmalolle said...

Wow, nice work. Perfect for the birthday party. It´s looks funny.

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

OMG what awesome projects...super super cute cupcakes!! Love them!!
croptilludrop23@gmail.com

Debbie said...

what a wonderful way to highlight a party
upnurse at aol dot com

missstamper said...

Super!

Lady Fair said...

I want to go to your birthday party! Love all the projects.

lflinesatcomcastdotnet

CathyinMN said...

Love your party favors! The cupcakes are so cute! Love that you used the flowers for the die as a candle holder for them. So cute!

Melissa said...

Beautiful, your so creative!

Cathryn said...

This is an adorable set Cassandra! Those cupcakes are sooo clever! LOve and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Denise Speigle said...

Wow! You did a great job on all this! Fantastic! TFS

quilt4fun2 said...

I love when you use the rainbow of fruit flavors! Very beautiful and clever to put candles in the flowers.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

UnikeByYes said...

these projects are fabulous Cassandra! I love the versatility of the rolled flower dies!
TFS
Have a lovely day!
Liz
unikebyyes{at}yahoo{dot} com

Marianne said...

the rolled flower dies are to die for. So gorgeous. thank you

marianne dot wanham at gmail dot com

Leanne said...

Super super cute girlie! Love how you used the flower and added a candle!! Great job! Hugs, Leanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...