Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Day 2 : April Release

Hello everyone!  This is my second post for the day . . . wahoo!!!  Wasn't yesterday so much fun?  I can't believe all of the amazing ideas!  I hope you are all super inspired ~ I know I am!  :)  So today is the My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Week : Day 2.  And the Design Team is showcasing a BEAUTIFUL new stamp set "Bloom Where You Are Planted".  

I think we are all pretty used to creating the fun, happy, cheerful and cute projects.  But today, I decided to show you a card for the tougher times in life.  This is a sympathy card.  I hate that we have to ever make them at all, but I have found they often tend to be the most meaningful to the ones who receive them.  So hopefully this can give you some inspiration.


All of the papers for this card are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Serenity paper stack.  You can't see it very well, but the green background piece is a pretty, shimmery paper.  Many of the DCWV paper stacks have them and I just think they're gorgeous.


This beautiful calendar (my favorite) is cut with the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die.  The calendar itself is from the My Creative Time ~ Whimsical Calendar Days stamp set.  The beautiful flowers are from this brand new, soon to be released, Bloom Where You Are Planted stamp set.  I colored them in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  How do you think I did? I am totally new to using my Copics and definitely need to learn a little more technical stuff like shading and shadowing techniques, but I think I did pretty well for my first real project.  I used some pop dots behind the calendar and the flowers for extra dimension.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival ink.


Shhhhh . . . this lovely sentiment is a sneak peek before the official Sneak Peek of another new stamp set that I will tell you about tomorrow.   ;)   The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


That's it.  Simple and I think beautiful as well.

******************************
SNEAK PEEK GIVEAWAY TIME!

With all of our Sneak Peek Weeks, Emma likes to do some FUN giveaways!  ***All you have to do is leave comments on our blogs!  You do NOT have to comment on every blog, BUT if you do, you will just have more chances to win.  

***SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON FACEBOOK about this release & whatever connections you may have.  Let us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page here that you did so OR you can just tag Emma in your post.  

Emma will randomly pick & announce all winners on Thursday, April 19th during the Stamp Release Blog Hop happening at 12:01 am PST in her video.  GOOD LUCK!  Log onto your facebook now & let's start spreading the word!   ;)
******************************

Well, that's it for Day 2 of Sneak Peek Week.  Two posts in one day . . . double the sneaks and double the fun!  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all back here tomorrow.  Have a great day!

52 comments :

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Hi Cassandra,
I think your coloring turned out great. When I first looked at your card I saw the sentiment. I was a little scared something had happen; but thanks to our God nothing happen. It’s a just because card. I pray you want need it soon. But I want tell anyone about the sentiment peek. LOL Beautiful Card and I to have this paper and I bet the green in person is beautiful. TFS AJ!

Short Scrapper said...

Beautiful! These types of cards are so hard to make, but mean so much to those receiving them. Thanks for showing us such a touching way to acknowledge someone.

Suzy said...

Great card Cassandra. I love that 'wishing you comfort' sentiment. Thanks for sharing :)
-Suzanne suzyq28024@gmail.com

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

You did a great job with the flowers, you would never know it was your first time using the copics!! Very pretty card!!
Kristan

Melissa said...

Gorgeous card, love how you used your roses and your sentiment is perfect, so clean!

joni said...

CAssandra, this is such a beautiful card...and you're right, we don't want to ever have to make/use them, but when we do, we like to make them pretty and meaningful! You totally did that with this gorgeous card! TFS
hugs,
joni

Josie0602 said...

Sympathy cards are so difficult but yours is classic and beautiful!!

Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

Lisa R. said...

Fabulous thoughtful card. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...great colouring! Lee-Ann :)

Kat's Kreative Corner said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Kat
kat.raymond@gmail.com

jessica said...

What a beautiful card Cassandra!! Love the simplicity of your card and the flowers are beautiful!!!
TFS
Jessica

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ your card is so ELEGANT! I think, hopefully not soon or ever, whoever receives this card will find it comforting! I couldn't agree with you more on making these types of cards but unfortunately we do! Just GORGEOUS!

Jeanne said...

I love this design! And the sentiment is perfect! Great job!!

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

Very nice card girl. Love it. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

Cindylop said...

Pretty card!

Cindylop@rocketmail.com

Peggy said...

Cassandra,
You made a beautiful card, and though they are sad to make I know the person to receive this beautiful card would truly appreciate it. I know I would have when I lost my wonderful husband.
Thanks for sharing your talent.
Now I'm going to check out your site as this is my first time visiting.
Peggy

Niki said...

very pretty and good idea for a sympathy card.

Niki
billniki@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Pretty card! I love the design.
Kelly bloss4@sbcglobal.net

Crafting Katie said...

This is just beautiful!

Jessica said...

Cassandra,
This is a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing :)
Jessica
jrparlier@gmail.com

LindaV said...

Another great project. These colors are so soothing.

lindagk23 said...

Cassandra your card is beautiful. And I think your coloring is just perfect! You did a wonderful job! Love all the reveals! I know they will all be awesome! TFS and have a wonderful day! lindagk23ataoldotcom

Carol said...

Such a beautiful card! love the flowers TFS

Debbie said...

What a great card, I am sure it would mean a lot to the recipient.

Debbie B
debbiebutcher at comcast dot net

Candy said...

Beautiful card! Love the coloring.
Candy
candyyoung826 at msn dot com

Glora said...

WOW, this is beautiful. The colors are comforting and subtle and your Copic coloring looks terrific to me. I love it! This is absolutely PERFECT! Hugs- Glora

quilt4fun2 said...

These are hard cards to make! The flowers and colors are beautiful and cheering. Thanks for the peeks!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Alvina said...

Very nice card, I love it, thanks for sharing.

alvinascreations.blogspot.com

Terri said...

This is a very sweet card.

Suzanne said...

Hi Cassandra!
I think your Copic coloring looks fabulous...your card is BEAUTIFUL! I am trying to learn more about shading with my Copics as well. It's a technique that takes practice...thanks for sharing :)

Suzanne
suzwatanabe@yahoo.com

Sue D said...

Very nice sympathy card.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

VICTORIA said...

Great card Cassandra!

Mimi said...

This looks like another winning release! Beautiful project!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

Such a beautiful card Cassandra!!! TFS!
Puppy Hugs,
Wendy

Cindy said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Cassandra!great job coloring with your Copic!:)

Crafty Pink Butterfly said...

Absolutely love the colors you used.

CathyinMN said...

Sympathy cards are so hard to make, and you did an excellent job on this one. Your choices in all things for it are perfect.

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

Beautiful card!

Veronica
mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

Crafty Moni said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors you choose, so elegant.

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

monita23 at ca dot rr dot com

Marianne said...

Oh my word! i am just now working on sympathy cards for friends who lost their mothers just this last while. i was looking for some stamps with the right sentiments....need this one now!

marianne.wanham@gmail.com

Amy C said...

So very lovely!! Great coloring on those fab flowers.

UnikeByYes said...

Very pretty and meaningful card. Thank you for the inspiration, I really find it very hard to create this kind of card, but yours is fabulous!
TFS
Have a great day,
Liz
unikebyyes {at} yahoo {dot} com

Brenda said...

What a beuatiful elegant card! I am loving these flowers stamps and sentiments!!
bsl60 at embarqmail dot com

ehbost said...

Cassandra,
Great card. Needed a lot more often than we'd like to admit. No one would know you're a novice with Copic. Truly. You did Emma proud.

Momof4inArlington said...

I always have a difficult time with this type of card. Emma's sentiment certainly helps, (with it's beautiful new font, and comforting expression). But, you did a wonderful job selecting colors and images! I haven't colored many stamped images, but yours are perfect!

Deanne & Rebecca said...

This is beautiful, so nice.
Rebecca
rbaq12@yahoo.com

Danielle Lee said...

Beautiful sympathy card. Would be a wonderful keepsake. Thanks.


Danielle
leeceratops@comcast.net

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

Beautiful card...love the sentiment!
croptilludrop23@gmail.com

Debbie said...

yes simple is what you want with this type of card nice
upnurse at aol dot com

missstamper said...

Beautiful!

Denise Speigle said...

Sweet card! Great job.

Leanne said...

This is gorgeous Cassandra! Hugs, Leanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...