Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Creative Time ~ 3-D Wednesday

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "3-D Wednesday" with My Creative Time.  The goal is to challenge yourself by making a 3-D project . . . anything besides a card or layout.  

For my project today, I came up with a little bit of a different way to give a gift card:


All of the pattern papers for this little bouquet are from the Creative Imaginations ~ Dots & Stripes : Warm 6x6 paper pack.  I tried to pick out some colors to match the little Starbucks Gift Card.  So cute . . . I just LOVE how it turned out.


These super terrific flowers are cut with the brand new My Creative Time ~ Flower Petals Die.  This die was in the new release from last week, but we didn't get to "sneak peek" it because it came in too late.  So I just got it and couldn't help but use it right away!!!  Aren't they so beautiful?!?!  

There are actually 3 flowers in the set, all connected in one die. For my flowers here, I used all 3 flowers in the set for the bottom 2 flowers, but I only used 2 of the flowers in the set for the 3 flowers at the top.  If you look closely, you can see that for the top red and yellow flowers, I used the larger 2 of the 3 flowers in the set.  And for the green flower in the center of the bouquet, I used the smaller 2  of the 3 flowers in the set.  And the best part is that all 3 flowers in the set have Emma's signature stitched outline! I just love that detail!!!

In the center of each flower, I used little Recollections ~ heart gems.


I attached all the flowers to these little  Woodsies ~ craft sticks. Then I hot glued them all together for a secure hold and added this beautiful bow made with Celebrate It ~ Holiday Ribbon.  I used my We R Memory Keepers ~ Crop-a-Dile to punch a hole in the gift card.  ***Note - If you do this, make sure you don't punch the hole thru the magnetic strip on the back...lol.  I used a little piece of colored craft wire to attach the card to the bow and I curly-q'd the ends.

In the bottom right corner of the gift card, I used the star burst die from the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit. And the perfect "Thanks a bunch" sentiment is from the brand new My Creative Time ~ Bloom Where You Are Planted stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


What do you think?  Something just a little bit different.  I know it's still a bouquet - lol - but a least it's a little bit of a different idea.   ;)

Well, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all soon.

17 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is so pretty!! I love the layer of the flowers!! than you so much for the layout in advance can't wait to frame it!!
Kristan

Kim H said...

Casandra, Cassandra, Cassandra! How stinking CUTE is this! I *heart* this whole concept! What a great concept! LOVING it bunches! Oh the paper too ~ hmmm on my list to purchase now..hehehe! You are officially part of my secret "ENABLER" list! LOL!
AWESOME job!

Kate said...

This is so PRETTY! Love the flowers, such a great design.

Hugs,
Kate

lindagk23 said...

OMGOSH! Cassandra this is so adorable! I love the cute paper too! TFS!

LindaV said...

Great bouquet my friend. I love this die set and had to play with them the minute I got the package. I love your bouquet and you know I LOVE the SB card!!!

Shar said...

What a great way to use the flowers! This is lovely! The tag is adorable too. Great job!

Cindy said...

I just love how you used the flower dies!! Such a cute gift idea!!
Hugs,
Cindy

Glora said...

This is ADORABLE!!! I love this bouquet and the tip about not punching a hole through the magnetic strip is a REALLY good one. I can just see me do it. What a beautiful gift!!!! Hugs- Glora

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

That's really cute. Love me some starbucks. Smooches... Felicia

missstamper said...

Gorgeous flowers!

Cathryn said...

Sooo cute and clever, love it! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job...very clever idea for giving a gift card!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy said...

Hi Cassandra,your flowers are BEAUTIFUL!Great job with them,I LOVE the pretty colors and the tag too!Have a great day!!!:)

Christine said...

I like the little heart gems you added to the center of the flowers.
TFS --C

Cindy :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Beautiful. WOW, love how you made the bouquet. Love the colors.

Cindy :) said...

WOW, what a fantastic way to say TY, its' a gift and a card in one, wtg Cassandra, I love it :) hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...