Thursday, April 5, 2012

HAPPY GRADUATION !!!

Hello everyone!  Well I can't believe it, but we got the first graduation announcement of the season this past weekend (man I feel old...lol).  One of my husband's nephews is graduating from the University of Georgia in May.  So I made this simple graduation card in his school colors.


The black card base, the black, the white and the red cardstock are all from Recollections.  The grey background piece that looks like grid paper is from the Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints collection.  (It's the reverse side of the super fun polka dots I always use).   I used the Varsity Letter ~ Cricut Lite Cartridge to cut the 2012.  The black numbers are a normal cut.  I used my Gypsy to weld the white shadow base numbers together and then I layered the black numbers on top.  Then I made another shadow base in red in a little bit of a larger size and welded those together too.  Then I offset the white/black layered piece on top.  It's not a perfect shadow fit because of the size, but I wanted to include all 3 of the school colors and this arrangement actually looks kinda like the Georgia logo.  I really like the way it turned out.


I cut the fun little graduation cap from the Happy Graduation ~ Cricut Cartridge.  I used some pop dots in between the two layers for some extra dimension.  In the center is a sparkly silver ~ Making Memories brad. And I used some simple white ~ DMC Floss for the tassel.


The awesome sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Follow Your Dreams stamp set.  I used Veramark ~ Watermark Ink and White ~ Stampendous Embossing Power to emboss the sentiment.  (I only have one little stray flake...I'm getting better and better at embossing...lol).


In the bottom right corner, you can see the little "Class of" sentiment.  This stamp is also from the My Creative Time ~ Follow Your Dreams stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


Well my friends, that's it for today.  I know my husband has another nephew ready to graduate this year, so I'm sure I will have another graduation card coming soon.  Have a great day! I will see you all again tomorrow.

6 comments :

Jill_in_AL said...

Go Dawgs! Love the card -- this summer I want to master using embossing powder or whatever will work to achieve the white stamp look. Great all around!

Christine said...

That reminds me, my nephew is graduating from Kindergarten LOL need to make him a card.
TFS --C

missstamper said...

Awesome card - I may be able make something like it with my Varsity cartridge. Thanks for the inspiration!

Glora said...

This is AWESOME!!!!! Perfect for a graduate. I love that you included the school colors and your embossing looks FLAWLESS!!!! Amazing job! Hugs- Glora

Linsey said...

Cassandra, what a PERFECT graduation card! It's so clean and non-cluttered (unlike almost everything I create lol). I love the simple sophistication of it, right down to that wonderful tassle. OMGOsh I so needed this inspiration too--my baby bro is graduating from high school this year..um talk about feelin old! :P I just might have to lift this fabulous card and use it to make something half as awesome! Thanks so much for sharing and I know your next one will be just as great!!! xoxo big hugs

Linsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...