Friday, April 6, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hello everyone!  I'm back today with a quick birthday card.


All of the papers for this card are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Chateau Lavender paper pack.  I just love this stack...it's so pretty!


This super fun flower is from the Peachy Keen Stamps : Cottage Cutz ~ Funny Flowers stamp/die set.  I have been wanting these for so long...they are sooooo cute!  If you look closely, you can see that I actually snipped the connections between the petals and then curled them up for some extra dimension. I used some chalks for the cheeks.  I used Prismacolor ~ Pencils for the tongue and nose and a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for the accents in the eyes.  I also used Chestnut Roan ~ Color Box ink to ink the flower's face, petals and leaves.  And for some birthday fun, I added a Jolee's Boutique ~ candle sticker for the flower to hold in celebration of my friend's birthday.


The fun "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Polka Dot Surprise stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  In the bottom right corner, is a pretty bow made with some Green Moss ~ crinkle ribbon (not sure of the maker - I got the ribbon in a ribbon share).  And in the center of the bow is a purple sparkly ~ Making Memories brad.


Well, that's it for today...quick and easy.  I hope you have a great Easter weekend.  I will see you all again soon!    :)

12 comments :

Josie0602 said...

Love the happy little flower on your card and the colors are so soft and pretty!!

Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very pretty!! I love how the flower is holding a candle!!
Kristan

LindaV said...

This is so cute. I love the colors and the dimension.

Candy said...

Cute card! Love the flower holding the candle!

Christine said...

I like how the leafs work as arms/hands and is holding the candle. a very Happy card TFS
--C

missstamper said...

Sweet card! I love the little candle! Happy Easter!

CREATIVE M said...

So Cute!Super Cute!!!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great card. Love how you inked.... I can never get mine to look that good. TFS

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

Very pretty card. I have the DCWV stack too. Love it. Smooches... Felicia

Glora said...

How ADORABLE! This turned out too cute. And I always love the purple and green together!!! Amazing job! Hugs- Glora

Sandra said...

Love your cheerful birthday card.
Sandra x

soccermom23 said...

This is really cute. Love the face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...