Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Get Well Soon!

Hello everyone!  Today I have what I think is a super funny "Get Well" card for one of my MCT ~ Design Team buddies who had surgery recently.  The surgery was on her inner ear, but I know they had to do a craniotomy to get in there.  So I was imagining they would have to wrap her head up like a mummy. This was the picture I kept seeing in my head, so I thought I would make a card out of it.


LOL....every time I look at this, I just want to laugh!!  I hope she thinks it's just as funny!!!  The black card base is from Recollections. The cute little surgery patient is cut from the Everyday Paper Dolls ~ Cricut Cartridge.  Her hair, bathrobe (which I made to look like a hospital gown) and her little slippers are also cut from that cartridge.  The patterned papers for her bathrobe and the background piece that is a super light green are from the Echo Park Paper Co. ~ This & That : Graceful paper pad.  For her funny bandaged head, I cut the Halloween mummy from the Paper Doll Dress Up ~ Cricut cartridge.  I just cut off his body and attached his head onto hers.  Then I cut out a little opening for her eyes.  LOL....is that so funny???  The pretty pink cardstock for her slippers and the background piece is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Le Tres Chic paper pack.


Her cute little face is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Simple Sallies Face Assortment stamp set.  In the background you can also see a cute little vase that I cut from the Potpourri Basket ~ Cricut cartridge.  The pretty little flowers are an embellishment from a old company called The Card Co, but I don't think they are in business anymore - I got them years and years ago.  


The cute little bed is cut from the Sugar & Spice ~ Cricut Lite cartridge.  I used a shiny metallic silver paper from my scraps for the bed frame.  For the pillow and blanket, I used plain white cardstock from Georgia Pacific.  If you look closely, you can see that I also did some dry embossing on the blanket with the Houndstooth ~ Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.


And finally, the super funny sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Pain Pain Go Away stamp set.  Isn't it a hoot???  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


Well, my creative friends...that's it for today.  I hope you can see that even when times are tough ~ we can still make some pretty funny stuff!!!  Have a great day everyone!  See you all again soon.

8 comments :

Christine said...

Well if it were me, and I rec'd this card I'd laugh so hard I'd hurt. She's gonna love it.
TFS --C

Kim H said...

Cassnadra ~ ROFLOL! This is just to funny and seriously ADORABLE! Katie is going to LOVE this! She has the BEST sense of humor! All the details are just incredible... down to the embossed blanket( just like they have in the hospital) and her glasses! FABULOUS job and thatnks for the laugh!

Glora said...

First of all this is absolutely ADORABLE and HILARIOUS at the same time. You made her look just like here. Hair, glasses and everything. I think this card will definitely be a good laugh for her and I think she will LOVE it! I can't wait to hear of her reaction. Hugs - Glora

LindaV said...

This is a super card!!!! Hilarious! You should send it with a warning label because LOL may hurt her head.

Kate said...

This is absolutely Adorable. It really does remind me of Katie. She is going to love this.

Hugs,
Kate

missstamper said...

Great card!

Crafting Katie said...

OMG, this arrived today, and I cannot stop laughing when I look at it!!! My mom, sister-in-law, and I all think it looks just like me!!! Too cute, Cassandra! Thank you for making my day!

Linsey said...

Bwahahaha!!! Too funny and way cute!!! You really did make her bathrobe look just like those super stylish hospital gowns lol and the bedding looks amazing! And her face, all wrapped up in gauze, ahh poor thing!! lolll I love that you take close up shots too, just to get more of an idea how awesome your stuff is in real life! This card will make your patient feelin' better in no time! LOVE it :) xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...