Thursday, March 29, 2012

Throwback Thursday Challenge

Hello everyone!  YIPPEE - It's time for another "Throwback Thursday Challenge" with My Creative Time.  This time the challenge guidelines are easy:  Make a project of your choice, using your Cricut and any older cartridge!  

I made a pretty wedding card for some friends of my husband who are getting married this weekend.


All of the papers for this card are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Linen Closet paper pack.  This is such a pretty collection.  I've been eyeing it for awhile and finally gave in this past weekend when I had a bonus 25% off coupon even on sale items!!!  Score!!!!  That means I got the pack for 65% off!!!  How can you beat that?!?


The centerpiece is the beautiful calendar since I wanted to highlight their upcoming wedding date.  I used the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die and the Whimsical Calendar Days stamp set.  The ink is Sepia ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  **If I had to recommend one MCT stamp set to get ~ it would be this beautiful calendar set.  I think it's just gorgeous!!!


In the upper right corner of the card, I used the My Creative Time ~ Stitched Oval Die along with the "Congratulations" sentiment from the My Creative Time ~ Gift Card Sentiments stamp set.  The ink is Sepia ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  


All of the beautiful flowers are cut with the Mother's Day Bouquet ~ Cricut cartridge.  For the white flowers, I stamped them with the script background stamp from the My Creative Time ~ Script Type Backgrounds stamp set.  Once again, the ink is Sepia ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  In the center of each flower, I also added some pearls and a pretty little heart gem - all of which are from Recollections.  In the flower on the right, I also added a touch of Celebrate It ~ Wedding Collection "tull-eeeee" as Emma would say.  hee hee  And I inked some of the flower petal edges with a Color Box ~ Chestnut Roan ink.

**A quick little tip - I always bend and curl up the petals in flowers.  It gives them so much more dimension and they look so much more realistic and beautiful too.  If you've never tried it - for flowers this small, I usually use the tip of my Gypsy stylus.  And for larger flowers, I use the body of one of my Zig Writer pens.


Well my friends, that's it for today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the other Design Team Members have created.  Have a great day everyone!  I will see you all again soon.

15 comments :

Josie0602 said...

Beautiful card!!

Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ BEAUTIFUL card! Your friends will cherish this card! I couldn't agree with you more about the paper stack... I love mine! Oh that price is AMAZING! WOW!

LindaV said...

Blues and browns look so nice together. This is a great card that will be we received.

Kate said...

Beautiful card and very elegant. Love the paper that you used.

Hugs,
Kate

missstamper said...

Beautiful!

Glora said...

WOW, I may have to check out the Linen stack. I LOVE DCWV paper and this looks BEAUTIFUL! This card is going to be LOVED so much!!!! Terrific job! Hugs- Glora

quilt4fun2 said...

Very nice card and I love the heart gem for your flower.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Marianne said...

What a unique, beautiful wedding card. i love it. Thanks for sharing.

marianne dot wanham at gmail dot com

Creative Cutter Room said...

This is so adorable and perfect for a wedding! TFS Cathie
www.creativecutterroom.com

Momof4inArlington said...

So pretty! I love those flowers!

Tammy said...

Love how your cut flowers go so well with the paper. Great job love this card.

Nancy said...

Beautiful card Cassandra! What a great idea! Love the color combo! hugs

Nancy

Linsey said...

Oooo Cassandra, this card is so pretty, and unique! I love Emma's Whimsical Calendar set and never have the faintest idea what to do with it! Oh how you stamped her script onto your flowers, that looks super fabulous!!! I'm so lucky to have such talented blogging friends who inspire me so much and YOU are at the top of my list! Have a wonderful and blessed Sunday sweet buddy! big hugs xoxo

Ruth G said...

This is so pretty! The paper is so beautiful and your design is just lovely (I love the flowers!) TFS!

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

Beautiful card...I love the colors and the flowers you added.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...