Thursday, March 1, 2012

Throwback Thursday Challenge

Hello everyone!  It's time for another Throwback Thursday Challenge with My Creative Time.  This has always been my most favorite challenge.  If you've never entered ~ give it a shot, it's soooo much fun!  This time Emma is changing it up a bit and has decided that it is going to be a "Cricutless" challenge.  This means you can still use your dies, punches, and embossing folders ~ just no Cricuts (or Cameos). 

Here is my creation:


Ok, so you can see that I'm still in my rainbow phase.  LOL.  I just couldn't help it!!!  The black cardstock and the white cardstock are from Recollections.  The border at the top of the white background piece is cut with an EK Success ~ Scallop Diamond border punch.  For all of the fun birthday balloons, I used both egg dies from the My Creative Time ~ Hello Spring stamp set.  My inspiration for creating balloons with the egg die came from my fellow MCT ~ Design Team Member - Miss Veronica.  For her original creation - click HERE.  The patterned paper for all of my balloons are from my all time favorite Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  The solid color cardstock for the bottom layer for all the balloons are from Recollections.


This fun "Happy Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Wow! So Many Candles stamp set.  The bow on the red balloon is made with The Twinery ~ Maraschino twine.  The bow for the orange balloon is made with The Twinery ~ Mandarin twine.  And the bow for the yellow balloon is made with The Twinery ~ Lemon Drop twine.


The bow for the green balloon is made with The Twinery ~ Peapod twine.  The bow for the blue balloon is made with The Twinery ~ Denim twine.  And the bow for the purple balloon is made with the The Twinery ~ Lilac twine.  And the fun "Wish Big" sentiment is also from the My Creative Time ~ Wow! So Many Candles stamp set.  The ink for both sentiments is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


Well that's it for today.  I hope these colorful birthday balloons brighten your day.  Don't forget to head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And make sure to join in on the fun and show us what you make!  See you again soon.

13 comments :

scrapdiva said...

beautiful birthday card, love the colors

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ I think your card is just AMAZING! I LOVE the rainbow colors! What a CUTE card for someone special!

Cathryn said...

Great idea to use the eggs as balloons. It looks wonderful! Hugs, Cathryn :)

Crafting Katie said...

Cassandra, this is ADORABLE!!! I love your balloons and how each has coordinating twine! So bright and cheery!

Kate said...

So pretty. I love the embossing and the rainbow colors. Love the new blog design btw.

Hugs,
Kate

Glora said...

I LOVE when you do this style of card! It is PERFECT!!!! The twine coordinates perfectly with those darling balloons! BEAUTIFUL job! Hugs- Glora

sarah said...

luv the balloons, sooo cute!!
texasgrama7@gmail.com

quilt4fun2 said...

I do like the rainbow theme...what a beautiful card!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

L.B. said...

I am enjoying the rainbow phase and this card is super fun

Linsey said...

Oh Cassandra, your card is so special from beginning to end! I love the black base against the stark white border, it's a gorgeous contrast, especially with your rainbow of balloons, each so pretty and special! The coordinating colors of Twinery twine look divine with each one (I wish I had that many colors of it lol, just got my first 3 colors and now believe that I must have been living under a rock to have not had it in my stash already!) You and your birthday balloons are as inspiring as ever my friend and have definitely brightened my day! Big hugs xoxo

LindaV said...

I love this card. The coordinated colors of the paper and twine...simply divine! Keep up the good work.

Linda

Theresa said...

I love the idea of using eggs as balloons, I will have to keep that in mind! I love the primary colors. The card itself is adorable!

-Theresa
http://ahappyscrappylife.blogspot.com

Linda said...

This is so sweet! I love all the colors.
Thanks for the sweet comment on my TBT card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...