Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #10

Hello everyone!  Wahoo!  Two posts in one day!  Unfortunately, I've missed the last few PKS Challenges, but luckily I got to squeeze this one in this week. It's the Peachy Challenge #10 ~ Just Cards : Faux Stitching.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a card using faux stitching.  Project must be new and include Peachy Keen Stamps to win.

When I read the guidelines for this challenge, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I have this great old Coluzzle Template that has this fun quilt-like pattern.  I don't think they make them anymore, but I thought it would fit this challenge perfectly!


It turned out so cute!  And I think it fits the "stitching" theme perfectly. The black card base and the white background piece are from Recollections.  All of the other super cute patterned papers are from the Echo Park Paper Co. ~ This & That : Graceful 6x6 paper pad.  

I don't know if any of you are like me, but I have a heck of a time picking out and co-ordinating patterned papers.  So I find it much easier when making a project like this, to pick different papers from the same paper collection.  Let the designing companies do all the work for you - it will save you a whole bunch of time!   ;)


This super sweet face is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Gingerbread 4" Face stamp set.  If you haven't picked up one of these 4" faces sets, you gotta get one!  They are so much fun!  I colored in the nose and tongue with Prismacolor ~ Pencils and then blended that with Odorless Mineral Spirits.  I added some cheeks with chalk and added a few highlights in the cheeks with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  The ink for stamping the face is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  I used a black ~ Zig Writer Pen for the straight stitching around the heart, as well as the cross stitching between the different quilt panels. I added a cute little bow made with Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations ribbon.  And in the center of the bow, I added a pretty little brad from the Echo Park Paper Co. ~ Decorative Brads set that matches this paper collection.  


In the bottom right corner of the card, I used the My Creative Time ~ Stitched Oval Die.  If you look closely, you can see that I trimmed off the right end of the oval to fit the space better.  If you are a little OCD like me (lol) altering your pieces can sometimes be hard or feel weird.  So just experiment every once in a while and don't be afraid to try new things.  (If you've ever watched Emma's videos . . . she has even mentioned that she sometimes cuts her stamps!!!  That's a tough one for me . . . I'm working on some baby steps to get to that level LOL) 

The fun sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Home Sewn stamp set.    Isn't it the most perfect sentiment for this card?  I just LOVE it!!!  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


One last thing, it's hard to see in this picture - but I inked the edges of the main piece with a black ~ Color Box ink pad.  I think it helps to make it stand out from the white background a little better.  But I really did it to hide some of my white edges that were peaking thru after I put all the pieces together...LOL. Just a little trick to hide the imperfections when they really bug you.  ;)

Well, that's my latest PKS Challenge entry.  Make sure you hop on over to the PKS ~ Challenge Blog and take a look at some of the other entries . . . super cute and tons of creative inspiration!!!  Have a great day my friends!  See you soon.

13 comments :

Kate said...

This is so cute. Love it.

Hugs,
Kate

Glora said...

YAY, you joined in another challenge and it is SO cute! I love your take on the faux stitching theme. And speaking of Coluzzle, no they don't make them any more but I have a ton of them (but not the one you used here). I SO need to look through them and do something cute with them again! Thanks for the reminder!!! I seriously LOVE this to pieces! AMAZING job! Hugs- Glora

missstamper said...

Very cute!

LindaV said...

Ahhhhh Coluzzle. What a beautiful card!! I love everything about it.

Cathryn said...

Great job on this! I love the patchwork look! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Marianne said...

Never even heard of coluzzle till now, but the card is very fetching. Thanks for sharing!

marianne dot wanham at gmail dot com

Melissa said...

So many things to make.. so little time! Glad you made this darling card to share.

Jennie Garcia said...

This is awesome!! I LOVE the quilt style!! Those colors are beautiful!!
Amazing Card!!
Thanks for Playing with us @ PKS!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Houses Built of Cards said...

Oh how CUTE!!! LOVE the stitching - and the bow on the heart! I'm SOOO glad you joined us at Peachy Keen this week!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Theresa said...

This is such a cute card!

-Theresa
http://ahappyscrappylife.blogspot.com

quilt4fun2 said...

I love this card! So happy and fun. I also love the crazy patch quilt!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

L.B. said...

So so great and YOU WON!!!! Congrats.

Christine said...

Yea you won Top Peach! Whoo hoo!

--C

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...